Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: How much damage could you do to this teams title chances?

I wouldn't be able to for 5 minutes today XD

Anyways, give me two years where I could possibly play the minutes I'd kill my teams chances...But not without putting up a fight

I'd like to think of myself as competitive, plus I've got a surprising resistance to pain when it comes to getting elbowed, hit in the face by someone's shoulder driving etc so I'm not afraid of contact. I'd be as "scrappy" for someone my size can be against them

No idea what my actual BMI is, but it's probably around 25. 5'9(Or a hair below), 180, 6'1 wingspan, 7'7 or 8 standing reach.

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    Took the first at my friends house while they went out real quick...Not sure why I tried taking it like this, had to bend at the knees...Fail

Beta height, beta hands, alpha wingspan, alpha...

Strength is the only area I'd come close, or beat some around my size. After about 4-5months of deadlifting at 175, I got it up to 325 1 rep max this year....Coming off an injury not doing jack since 2010... Had some glorious Chicken legs to say the least lol. Stephen Curry does a special kind of deadlift at a 1 rep maxof 400...Roy Hibbert the same at about 500 I believe...So I wouldn't be a complete joke, in two years I can pass that or matxh it at least....so in all, Id hussle, get bloody, and scored on every damn time. But I'd give it a go just because of how great of an expierence it would be.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    I apologize for the misunderstanding.

For bolded points 1 and 3, they are in direct conflict with one another. You mentioned that that episode taught you something, and that next time you would handle the situation differently. Then you go on to say that adapting is not an option. Which is it?

And for point 2, thank you, but I think you may have me confused with someone else. At least I didn't think I posted anything worthy of praise. I was impressed by Rake's shooting and by LilOJMayo, though I think the latter is full of it.

As for the level I played, the highest level of organized basketball I played was HS. Leading scorer in the all-star game my senior year.

In college, I never tried out for the team, but I played pickup literally 4-8 hours a day (I was not a good student), and the talent there was good. My particular college was one of the best D3 colleges in the nation. A few of the members of the coaching staff for our basketball team, against whom I played, were record-setting players at their respective lower-echelon D1 programs, and a few guys from the area that played at D1 colleges like Canisius came to my college and played regularly.

So while my organized career was very short, post-HS I played a lot more, got a lot better, a lot more in shape, and played against significantly better competition. And it's all subjective, but even in college, against that competition, I was regularly one of the five best guys in the gym on any given day.
    When you aren't able to do what you want and are always trying to adjust to what the insanely quick, long, athletic players are doing, you really can't even be on the floor at that point. And the adjustments you have to make grow exponentially as the gap increases. Can you not shoot 3s when 7'ers are under the basket when you see them right before you catch the ball, sure. But if those are the adjustments you are making its not going to go well. You can't play when you are at a deficit like that.

LilOJ was like 5' flat and had the slowest release ever. I don't even let my middle school AAU kids shoot like that. Great form and good accuracy but if your release is that slow and you aren't significantly taller thats just not good enough.

I thought you were the one that uploaded a set shooting outside on a double rim. Whoever that was had a nice motion, a quick release and was VERY accurate. You don't just look to see if the ball goes in. You have to look at the whole process. The entire motion is what is important. I can look at that and tell you exactly how good a shooter someone is. Reggie Miller notwithstanding.

I played D3 ball until an injury ended my career. Got recruited to play D2 but didn't want to go to school there. Mine was a good program as well. And I would devour pick up games like the ones you are talking about. But the Jump to major D1, then again to NBA is beyond remarkable. I wish you could have played 1 game to 15 against the kind of athleticism I'm talking about.

NBA teams now attack weak links. Golden State was paying DLee 15M and he is still a really useful offensive player. But teams would put him in the PnR every time on the other side of the ball and he couldn't play anymore.

Offensively it is what it is. No one here, probably Rake included, could dribble more than twice against a guy like Kawhi.

I'd probably be like fisher in his last okc year, I'd hurt the team playing 34 minutes but I'd bust my but out there. Spot up on offense and hopefully not get coach fired by fouling out on defense. I'd loathe having to guard steph, westbrook etc.

I would start a malice at the palace and get the whole team suspended, done no chance for a title.

If I manage to foul out during the 1st quarter every game, the team should do good. And that would probably be the closest I could do to contribute.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

this would of been a cool thread if people didn't take it as a chance to tell us uninteresting lies about their shitty lifes

I...would not.

I wouldnt shoot at all unless not taking the shot would be news worthy or a violation. It would take me standing uncontested....with the other team staring at me from 10 feet away as my teammates insist I shoot...for me to pull the trigger.

I gotta think Steph or Durant with a hand in the face for 3 is more likely making it than me wide open from 18 feet.
    Are you a defensive SF-PF type of player normally? Step in at center if you're playing with shorter people?

Some people just can't shoot that well. Often guys who were bigger than everyone else growing up never quite figure out how to knock down shots.

I was shorter and skinnier than everyone else growing up. Then between 10th grade and 12th grade I grew from ~5'6 to 6'1. But for most of my semi-competitive basketball career, I used screens to get open for 3s and that was it. Otherwise I wasn't getting on the court. So now I'm a 6'1 guy with a quick release.