Thread: Harrison Barnes

Default Harrison Barnes

I still think this guy is going to take another big step. It might not be until a bit later in his career, when he's afforded a different (bigger) role, perhaps on another team.... but I think it's going to happen.

I could see prime Barnes averaging something like 20/7/3 on 48/38/80 with elite defense... under the right circumstances. He'll never be a 1st option or a ballhandler, but I think he can be a legit 2nd/3rd option + elite defense.

Maybe I'm crazy but when I watch Barnes play, and I watch every Warriors game, what I see missing is confidence (and dribbling skills hah). Not confidence in his own game, but confidence in his decision making, and his role within the team; he's the guy that the team always has to tell to take more shots, to be more selfish.

With this current Warriors team, I don't think we'll see everything Barnes is capable of, but I could see him being a MUCH improved player in 3-4 years, either with a different team, or perhaps an expanded role on the Dubs. Don't forget, Barnes is still only 22 years old.

Local High School Star Achilleas's Avatar

Default Re: Harrison Barnes

barnes is very important for a champion team,he is the 2/3 guy,he will put his ego after his team,he can play good def ,i hope warriors keep him ,he will never be all star but he will can be a player like horry

rank sentamentalist

u see him as an elite defender op?

he still suffers the usual tweener fate of being too slow to keep up with quick 3s and too small to bang with big 4s...

i agree otherwise tho, he's holding back in golden state. and he should be given credit for that fact, not every young guy would recognize so early that with klay and steph on the team, there arent so many shots to go around, and then adjust. maybe they have to tell him to shoot more but imo 10 per game is just right for him on this team.

kerr did a great job putting him in the right places to succeed. playing him over bogut in the finals for the bulk of the starter minutes was gutsy.

i don't think 20/7/3 is an exaggeration.. though i doubt he puts up those numbers on a really good team. due to the ballhandling issue you mentioned, he can't exactly be depended on to create opportunities, no matter how well he can finish them.

will he develop a post game? he's got good mechanics and broad shoulders to make a lot of progress down there.

Very good NBA starter

He should focus on being a Lebron defender. It's the surest bet to win Finals MVP these days.