Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223
    DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Default Re: Post your vertical leap, height, wheigh, max bench press, standing reach,wingspan etc

ht: 5'10
    weight: 224lbs
    vertical leap: 32(back in high school and college now probably 20' )
    max bench: 360lbs back in college i have tried this recently 270lbs(5 reps)
    standing reach 7'8(i was able to touch the rim so with my vertical being 32' i am just guessing)
    wingspan: 6'2
    40 yard dash: havent timed it

Default Re: Post your vertical leap, height, wheigh, max bench press, standing reach,wingspan etc

Vertical leap: ???
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 140
    Max bench press: don't even lift
    standing reach: don't know
    wingspan: don't know

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Vertical leap: ???
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 140

Max bench press: don't even lift
    standing reach: don't know
    wingspan: don't know

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

Local High School Star

I just noticed this thread. Pretty interesting stuff, seeing how a lot of people are pretty athletic

Height: 5'11" w.out shoes, 6'0.5" or so with shoes
    Standing Reach: 7'7"
    Standing Vert: 32 inches. I can grab the rim w. both hands and hang on it from a static position.
    Max Vertical: 36-38 inches. Not entirely sure, but the highest I ever touched was 10'9" or 10'10" so, my max vert. topped anywhere between 36.5-38 inches. I could dunk with an alley oop with two hands and throw down a pretty emphatic one with one hand off an alley. I've dunked with two hands w.out an alley before, but it was very weak both times. The first time was a few years ago at 19 or so, and i got just enough above to put it in. It was soft. A month ago i went up and got the ball over the rim and it rolled in. It was pretty weak, but got it down. My vert is anywhere from 34.5-36.5 now.

Max Bench: 210 at best, like 195 now. Need to get after it in the gym.

Its pretty surprising how high you have to jump in order to dunk if your standing reach is under 8 feet. A lot more goes into it than ppl think, so i can understand how ppl can have 35 inch verts and cant quite dunk. I have to get up nearly 40 inches and have perfect timing in order to do it.

In games i can block shots from near a stand still, rebound and i have really good hang time, but no dunks!

Who in the world knows their vertical outside of high school kids?

That is the only time I cared or practiced for it.

Can I post what my vertical leap used to be??

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 180-185
    Reach: 7'6"
    Vertical: Can grab rim from standing still pretty easily, but I can't dunk with my puny hands. Used to dunk in high school.
    Bench: Traded vertical for strength these days. I train at 225-245 for many sets of 8-12 reps. I've never attempted a max bench. It's probably 3 plates per side, so 6(45)+45=315. I would need drugs or a different body type to get over what I'm doing I think. I've made little gains this year with a lot of effort.

I used to do plyometrics in high school and felt like I could jump out of the gym. It wore on my shins though, shin splintz got unbearable and I quit jumping altogether for years.
    Last edited by Velocirap31; 08-18-2015 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI
    height: 6'1
    weight:180 lb
    vertical leap: don't know but i can dunk
    max bench: 180lb
    standing reach ?
    wingspan ?
    40 yard dash:?

I'm 6'2 and cant touch the rim, any exercises you recommend? thanks

NBA Superstar

Gonna use my peak, which was senior year of high school. Mr. Pabst has gotten to me quite a bit since then.

-5'10
    - never knew my actual vertical but I could hit the rim with my palm
    - max bench was around 220. I was always more into core and cardio
    - I have pretty short arms so my wingspan was garbage

I was always a shooter/transition guy tho so measurements weren't huge for me

High School Starter

6'1.5

max vert: 2 inch off from touching white mini box above rim. Assuming I touched around 11'2 to 11'4
    can dunk behind dotted line, 1 hand tomahawk, 2 hand tomahawk, 180 reverse, 1 hand dunk from standstill..2 handed dunk once from standstill when I was younger and b4 acl surgery. Grazed rim jumping from around free throw line. half windmill.
    Last edited by VeeCee15; 08-18-2015 at 11:22 PM.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Height: 6'3''
    Weight: 165
    Standing Vert (No Step): 29.5''
    Elevation off Run: 35''
    Max Bench: 225
    Standing Reach: 95''
    Sigh, those were officially the good old days. (originally posted August 3, 2009). At 31 years old now, both of those vertical numbers have taken a bit of a hit. I have exactly two in-game dunks this summer, haha. In fact, it takes a good day for me to dunk these days, in-game or not. It's interesting how the types of workouts that used to give me the energy and strength to jump 35 inches into the air now provide diminished returns. Same work, if not more, yet less results.

I guess the good news is my standing reach is still the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    That's great but this is a thread for athletes,
    Or to come lie and tell stories about your imaginary self? 6-9 265 and run a 4.4? Sure you are prob one of the most freakish athletes in the world

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    I'm 6'2 and cant touch the rim, any exercises you recommend? thanks
    He doesn't even have an account anymore and you expect a response from him?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Or to come lie and tell stories about your imaginary self? 6-9 265 and run a 4.4? Sure you are prob one of the most freakish athletes in the world
    40 yard dashes are notoriously unreliable. Unless you run a 100m dash at either 10.8 seconds or below, there's no way you're running a legitimate 4.4. You've got people who get run down all the time and claim they run a 4.5, but in actuality, its closer to a 4.8 or 4.9 under NFL standards. All you have to do to know how bogus handheld 40 yard dashes are is look at the difference between FAT 100m dash times and handheld. Almost always at least a .24 second difference. The shorter the distance is, the harder it is for a human timer to get an accurate time, so you have to add .24 to any handheld 100m dash time.

One of my close relatives who's a d-1 conference 100m champion ran between 4.37-4.39 handheld times and was by far the fastest person at all the combines he went to. He is more likely a high 4.4 - low 4.5 guy electronic timed. And that's a track champion.

Verticals are a bit easier to gauge, same with bench press and other weight lifting stuff.

Decent playground baller

flacid. 1"
    Erect. 4"
    Height 5'9.5"
    Weight 142 lbs
    Standing reach 7'6"
    Wingspan 5'9"
    Vert 32"
    100m 11.38s hand timed
    15 pullups
    30 pushups
    Squat 135 lbs for 5 reps

ED.