Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Default Re: 2006 Miami Heat or 2007 San Antonio Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

Great post Scdac!
    seconded. I agree that the 06 spurs would def beat the heat with the frontline being bigger than the 07

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    Wade would still take over. Devin Harris's D = Bruce Bowen. And Harris is way faster than old man Bruce.
    sure.

Local High School Star MrEncinas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    sure.
    Though I'm not sure who would win because I think Duncan would cause a lot of problems for the Heat. However, Bruce Bowen has never been a problem for Wade.

National High School Star

Don't forget the 2005 Heat were a hair away from the Finals but Wade got injured and Shaq was hurt for game 6. Heat were better in my opinion that year because I believe that was Shaq's last year as being real mobile and able to control the paint at will. Eddie Jones/Damon were both contributing greatly in the regular season and playoffs. Heat didn't need to many pieces that year to be in control with Shaq still in control. Also like some of the other guys said Heat 2004-2007 always matched up well with the Spurs

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    San Antonio Spurs 4- Miami Heat - 0

The referees would not let Wade beat the Golden Boy of the NBA.
    That sweep had you mad

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 206kid
    Parker
    Manu
    Finely
    Duncan
    Oberto

vs.

J-Will
    Wade
    Walker
    Haslem
    Shaq

I say 06 Heat wade would pick the spurs defense apart and they where a really good team........
    07 Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    Wade would still take over. Devin Harris's D = Bruce Bowen. And Harris is way faster than old man Bruce.
    Seriously?

2007 Bowen - top votes (42) for all-defensive 1st team. 2nd in votes for DPOY.

2007 Duncan - 2nd highest votes (36) for all defensive 1st team. 3rd in votes for DPOY.

2007 Spurs were 2nd in Defensive Rating and 1st in Opp/pts per game.

I would choose 2007 Spurs - deeper, more versatile, big 3 in their prime. 2006 was prime Wade (for whom they had Bowen) and not much else.

Regarding the 2006 Mavs - Spurs achilles heel has always been great jump shooters (Dirk and Terry). Pop played too much small ball and Manu's foul Heat had nowhere near the quality jumpshooting as Mavs. And Wade's slashing - hard to do with Bowen draped all over him and Duncan protecting the paint.

I would go with the 2007 Spurs over the 2006 Heat, for the listed reasons above, plus the Spurs were at that time too multi-dimensional on offense for the slower Miami Heat to stop.

Shaq at this point in his career was no longer the primary offensive option, making him an easier cover for the Spurs, who could rotate their defense quickly enough to stop Wade if he got by the flyswatter-like defense of Bruce Bowen.

Duncan would overpower Udonis Haslem, forcing the Heat to guard him with Shaq, and pulling him out of the paint, allowing easy drives for both Parker and Ginobili in the fourth quarter.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Spurs in 6.