Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Dallas Mavericks Sign Salah Mejri - Euroleague Team Real Madrid's 4th String Center

Mark Cuban is such a truly nice guy, a great human, being charitable and giving a man a chance from the trash, worse-than-D3 Euroleague. He knows that this player is most likely your generic Euroleague garbage, but in the off chance he has potential that the shit Euroleague coaches missed, is signing him

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Dallas Mavericks Sign Salah Mejri - Euroleague Team Real Madrid's 4th String Center

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    How the hell was Rudy Fernandez a scrub in the NBA?

STOP DOING DRUGS

And he's not a "superstar" in Euroleague either. He's like a notch below a star I would say. Stop exaggerating everything.

You are actually guilty of everything Outbreak falsely accuses me of doing .
    Scrub was the wrong word. Under achieving prima donna bench player is more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Played 300 minutes the whole season, the guy was a bench guy.

Euroleague's problem though is he is acting like Cuban is signing him as a star when he's just a big bench guy who's signing cheap to fill a role.
    That's not my intention at all. My point was actually to show that Mark Cuban is an idiot. All he ever does is brag about how the Mavericks are so great about scouting players in Europe and about doing the advanced stats and blah blah blah...........

So why the hell do they sign Mejri then when there are so many better players from Europe at the center position they could have signed?

It's 100% proof that Cuban is a clown.

Mejri actually is a talented player though. I actually like him as a player. For example, also I like him more than Pleiss that the Jazz signed from Europe. But still, good God. How freaking dumb do you have to be to not know it's the 4th string center of his team that you are signing and has been for the last 2 years and was STILL slated to be again this year?

Surely that would be some kind of clue to you that there are better centers than him available in Europe to get than him?
    Last edited by Euroleague; 07-31-2015 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggPopazit
    Scrub was the wrong word. Under achieving prima donna bench player is more accurate.
    Yes, that's correct. But he definitely was not a "scrub".

Banned

That's not my intention at all. My point was actually to show that Mark Cuban is an idiot. All he ever does is brag about how the Mavericks are so great about scouting players in Europe and about doing the advanced stats and blah blah blah...........

So why the hell do they sign Mejri then when there are so many better players from Europe at the center position they could have signed?

Mejri actually is a talented player though. I actually like him as a player. For example, also I like him more than Pleiss that the Jazz signed from Europe. But still, good God. How freaking dumb do you have to be to not know it's the 4th string center of his team that you are signing and has been for the last 2 years and was STILL slated to be again this year?

Surely that would be some kind of clue to you that there are better centers than him available in Europe to get than him?
    I imagine part of it has to do with him having an agent that Cuban already knows/him being willing to come over/ him being cheap etc. For a guy signing for his role there will be more than just talent factoring in.

I usually hit open layups

There is literally no risk involved in signing him for the minimum. The Mavs have already more than 15 guaranteed contracts, so he could be cut before the season starts.

I don't know how good or bad Mejri is. The Mavs need defense, rebounding and finishing around the rim (no post play, jump shooting) from their center.

They will evaluate the bigs before the season starts and pick the 3rd and 4th center. Their starting big is Zaza Pachulia and their main backup is probably Dalembert.

There are no great centers on the market, so they have to sign non-drafted players, players from Europe who nobody wants or cheap veterans. If Real Madrid is a somewhat decent team, shouldn't Mejri be better than most players who weren't good enough to be drafted or aren't good enough to get the veteran minimum salary? He played 8 mpg.

The Dallas Mavericks just signed Salah Mejri.

Salah Mejri was the 4th string center of the Spanish Euroleague team Real Madrid.

Mark Cuban is just raping the Euroleague now. Oh what on earth will Real Madrid do without their 4th string center?
    No excuses

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Damn right I'm an NBA only fan, why the FCK would I watch Euroleague? I get enough jokes from watching Big Bang Theory.

If it took you 2 seconds to find that link, why didn't you post it in the OP?
    I feel sorry for you.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    That is cool Euroleague because NBA reject Gustavo Ayon is the starting center.

Also NBA scrub Rudy Fernandez is the superstar.
    This.

Rudy was runner up to MVP twice in that minor league and the one who won it was Sergio .

And 40 years old Carlos Arroyo is still getting a gig at Barcelona.

We all know that Mark is an idiot when talking about scouting. It's highly evident from not having any young players that the Mavs have developed in their roster which is why they are about to fall real hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    This.

Rudy was runner up to MVP twice in that minor league and the one who won it was Sergio .

And 40 years old Carlos Arroyo is still getting a gig at Barcelona.

Both lies.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Tim MacMahon ‏ @ espn_macmahon 43s 44 seconds ago

Salah Mejri's deal, like several the Mavs have done this summer, is a partially guaranteed three-year contract.

The signing is basically a camp body that they can cut at any time. Or throw in a trade if need be later on in the year. If he lasts longer than 1 year with the Mavs or any other NBA team I would be surprised.....

The Mavs have signed 19-20 people so far. The league max is 20. It has to be down to 15(?) or so by the start of the season. So at least 3 guys will be cut before Halloween.

Banned

The Dallas Mavericks just signed Salah Mejri.

Salah Mejri was the 4th string center of the Spanish Euroleague team Real Madrid.

Mark Cuban is just raping the Euroleague now. Oh what on earth will Real Madrid do without their 4th string center?

Lies. REPORTED for BLATANT and RACIST TROLLING.

High School Varsity 6th Man moaz's Avatar

I've often tried to quit this forum, but It looks like I've always come back because no one can quit Euroleague
    He is like the proverbial car accident, it hurts to look, but you just can't turn away