Default Magic: 19/17/6 vs Hornets (1991)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDQQFeEmTTY

Checkout some of those passes... 6'9" dude running the break AND seeing over everyone just isn't fair man (1:22 is the absolute epitome of showtime).

GOAT PG

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Magic: 19/17/6 vs Hornets (1991)

I actually THINK Magic is overrated...but it's hilarious how underrated he is here on ISH. I imagine it has to do with all the kobe dick suckers who are so insecure since he'll never be the the greatest laker..but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I actually THINK Magic is overrated...but it's hilarious how underrated he is here on ISH. I imagine it has to do with all the kobe dick suckers who are so insecure since he'll never be the the greatest laker..but still.
    He's definitely underrated on ISH. Kobe fans probably have something to do with it, but so do the Jordan and Bird fans. You don't hear anybody being compared to Magic because he's one of a kind.

Seriously, I don't think I've seen more Linda Blair head turns than on Magic Johnson passes. The guy was houdini w/ the basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    He's definitely underrated on ISH. Kobe fans probably have something to do with it, but so do the Jordan and Bird fans. You don't hear anybody being compared to Magic because he's one of a kind.

Seriously, I don't think I've seen more Linda Blair head turns than on Magic Johnson passes. The guy was houdini w/ the basketball.

No, sir. This is false.

Jordan and Bird fans give Magic his props, probably because they saw him play. Magic is my second-favorite player of all time (in fact, he's #2 GOAT, IMO), and his Showtime Lakers is what got me into watching the NBA.

Aside from Kobe stans, I'd say it's the Lebron stans that shit on Magic's legacy. Hell, it's probably this generation's fans in general that shit on Magic (as they do for anyone who played before their time--MJ, Bird, Barkley, Malone, etc.).