Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: am i the only one that realizes what mitch is really doing. why is ISH so clueless

Yep. Everyone is giving away first rounders and valuable assets for a 2 month rental of Roy Hibbert. Yep. That's what they'll do.

Default Re: am i the only one that realizes what mitch is really doing. why is ISH so clueless

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    The Lakers didn't shed ANY contract off their books for next season. They could have signed a bunch of 1 year deals from this Free Agency class, but instead they traded two second round picks.

How are you retards not understanding your front office is full of bigger retards.
    Because there is no evidence that the 76ers philosophy actually works. As if the only winning play is not to try. Should the Lakers even pitched to Lamarcus Aldridge? They are not a contender with him. Why try right??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yao Ming's Foot
    Hibbert flops... Lakers are still terrible...
    Okay...

keep pick....
    You're starting to understand....

In a better position because they did not sign other scrubs to long term contracts instead of Hibbert
    No. They could have signed cheaper guys and not have to trade away to draft picks just for $12M of Roy Hibbert. So no, they Lakers are in a bad position, the only thing worse would be if the Lakers traded a first.

Hibbert is good....
    Okay...
    Lakers trade him mid season for more assets
    No. Nobody is giving up assets for 0 points and 0 rebounds in the playoffs.

Hibbert is good....
    Okay.......

loves playing here..... Lakers resign him

The Pacers just got a second round pick from the Lakers at Hilbert's peak low trade value yet its inconceivable for the Lakers to get better trade value that that if he rejuvenates his career.

Banned

Because there is no evidence that the 76ers philosophy actually works. As if the only winning play is not to try. Should the Lakers even pitched to Lamarcus Aldridge? They are not a contender with him. Why try right??
    But there is evidence that the Houston Rockets, who just made an appearance in the Western Conference Finals, know how to utilize draft picks and assets by flipping them to even more draft picks and assets and then flipping that into a great players like James Harden and Trevor Ariza or be able to package those picks and assets with a bad contract to garner more cap space.

The key is being flexible with have the ability to make room for max free agents through one trade with all the assets you have, but if the max free agent decides he doesn't want to join your team you still have those assets at your disposal. That's why Rockets fans aren't bummed with missing out on Lamarcus Aldridge because we get to keep Trevor Ariza (who would have likely to have been traded to make room), Terrence Jones, and our draft picks. But if you were a team that loses out on a free agent (like the Lakers) and have nothing to fall back on, then that's the showing of bad management and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    But there is evidence that the Houston Rockets, who just made an appearance in the Western Conference Finals, know how to utilize draft picks and assets by flipping them to even more draft picks and assets and then flipping that into a great players like James Harden and Trevor Ariza or be able to package those picks and assets with a bad contract to garner more cap space.

The key is being flexible with have the ability to make room for max free agents through one trade with all the assets you have, but if the max free agent decides he doesn't want to join your team you still have those assets at your disposal. That's why Rockets fans aren't bummed with missing out on Lamarcus Aldridge because we get to keep Trevor Ariza (who would have likely to have been traded to make room), Terrence Jones, and our draft picks. But if you were a team that loses out on a free agent (like the Lakers) and have nothing to fall back on, then that's the showing of bad management and planning.
    What the hell are you blabbering about?

The Lakers could buy the entire second round every year if they wanted to. The Rockets lucked into one lucky trade and imagine themselves that they have some sort of stranglehold on success. Meanwhile Dwight will be a free agent next year and their franchise player flames out of the playoffs in a humiliating fashion every year.

Tell me more professor you are so wise with your talk of assets its no wonder you gave us a first rounder so that Chris Bosh could tell you clowns to get lost.

Hibbert flops... Lakers are still terrible... keep pick.... In a better position because they did not sign other scrubs to long term contracts instead of Hibbert

Hibbert is good.... Lakers trade him mid season for more assets

Hibbert is good.... loves playing here..... Lakers resign him

agree here, what could 2nd round picks do anyway.

Hibbert is a good center, especially on defense.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    agree here, what could 2nd round picks do anyway.

Hibbert is a good center, especially on defense.
    Second round picks are starting to hold a lot of value because they are non-guaranteed contracts.

I would guess the "pick value" (obviously depends on year/prospects/etc) to be...
    Picks 1/2
    3-10
    11-15
    16-20
    31-45
    21-30
    46-60

But that's just a guess. Those late-first picks are losing value relative to the seconds, because they're still not likely to be players that will contribute right away, but they do count against the cap.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

What the hell are you blabbering about?

The Lakers could buy the entire second round every year if they wanted to. The Rockets lucked into one lucky trade and imagine themselves that they have some sort of stranglehold on success. Meanwhile Dwight will be a free agent next year and their franchise player flames out of the playoffs in a humiliating fashion every year.

Tell me more professor you are so wise with your talk of assets its no wonder you gave us a first rounder so that Chris Bosh could tell you clowns to get lost.

These dipshits are so caught up hating the Lakers that they would trash any move they made. If Hibbert don't work out, his 15m expiring can be moved for assets. If he does work out, He will still be tradeable and the Philly pick might be late lottery, which would be better than the Lakers trying to tank and ending up with the fourth pick.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

how long do u expect kobe to play really lol, every season that goes by he's only going to get worse