NBA Legend

Smile The current Laker team reminds me of the Walton-Odom-Kwame Lakers

The names don't jump out at you but because they're able to control their egos and play together, they're actually capable of fielding a team that will compete and is capable of hanging with anyone, and could probably win more than they are except Kobe is like an anchor who is holding them back.

I'm serious about this. This current team, just like those old teams, has guys who seem to want to play together and compete and even though they're not contenders, will come to battle and can actually win their share of games. But Kobe's ego and contrived insistence on positioning himself as a hero and a mythical leader type guy, which manifests in his abysmal shot selection and annoying pseudo-alpha behavior, just kind of sucks the wind out of everyone else and you get too many games where guys are just deflated because Kobe has to shoot 8/28 to impress all his adoring sheep, I mean fans.

The names aren't sexy but the team is actually not as bad as people think, except on nights where Kobe is being Kobe.

Do you guys see what I'm sayin? Does the comparison make sense to you?

Looking forward to an excellent discussion
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 12-16-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Good college starter

Default Re: The current Laker team reminds me of the Walton-Odom-Kwame Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The names don't jump out at you but because they're able to control their egos and play together, they're actually capable of fielding a team that will compete and is capable of hanging with anyone, and could probably win more than they are except Kobe is like an anchor who is holding them back.

I'm serious about this. This current team, just like those old teams, has guys who seem to want to play together and compete and even though they're not contenders, will come to battle and can actually win their share of games. But Kobe's ego and contrived insistence on positioning himself as a hero and a mythical leader type guy, which manifests in his abysmal shot selection and annoying pseudo-alpha behavior, just kind of sucks the wind out of everyone else and you get too many games where guys are just deflated because Kobe has to shoot 8/28 to impress all his adoring sheep, I mean fans.

The names aren't sexy but the team is actually not as bad as people think, except on nights where Kobe is being Kobe.

Do you guys see what I'm sayin? Does the comparison make sense to you?

Looking forward to an excellent discussion
    Those guys can't make a shot if their lives depended on it so it's pretty good comparison except Swaggy P has no fear.

How many games do the 06 or 07 Lakers win without Kobe? How many do the current Lakers win? What are the ceilings of the three teams?

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    How many games do the 06 or 07 Lakers win without Kobe? How many do the current Lakers win? What are the ceilings of the three teams?

Well the current one DEFINITELY wins more without him. He statistically has the most detrimental impact of any player in the league this season.

Worst offensive efficiency.
    Worst defensive SG.
    Playing 40 minutes

You sure do dedicate a lot of time out of your life on a man you clearly do not favor. Do yo thing though, OP

That Lakers team at least had a younger Kobe and the best coach in NBA history.

OP:

Sacre is like poor man's Kwame

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Well the current one DEFINITELY wins more without him. He statistically has the most detrimental impact of any player in the league this season.

Worst offensive efficiency.
    Worst defensive SG.
    Playing 40 minutes
    Ok so through 24 games, what is our record without Kobe? With Nash and Randle still injured and Byron Scott still the coach in the stacked West. Lets say Nick Young replaces him