Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Nick Young postgame interview

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I watched this dude play like shit on the Wiz with a big grin on his face for years. Cashing checks and getting by on the strength of his "potential".
    Washington is garbage thats why. wall will never win a ring there. youll die before they make it to the finals

I am actually starting to enjoy Nick Young. I think his attitude helps to bring a little balance to the Lakers locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by iznogood
    She is. She wouldn't even get noticed if she is not. It's not like they picked a random chick off the streets and turned her into a rapper. There's ton of chicks that look hotter and can rap to some degree. She's good at it. And I don't even like her music, but I feel like I got to give credit where credit is due. She started early and obviously worked a lot on her rapping.

And let's not act like making quality music guarantees anyone is going to remember her or not. Not many acts stay relevant these days, because there's so much fresh stuff that's being shoved down our throats. You could be the most talented musician on the world there's a big chance nobody would give a damn. Listeners as a group don't care about the amount of talent.

I agree that her image is a big part of her act, but let's not act like there's any major artist out there who would be considered bad looking. Even ugly chicks and dudes look fit and try to make their appearance as visually pleasing as possible. I'd say Adele is the only successful major artist who's an exception to what I've written above.

I also agree that her act is a gimmick to some point. But I'm pretty sure you can't make any real money as a female rapper if you don't have a gimmick. Look at Jean Grae, she's a great rapper and good looking, yet she's barely known. Female rappers are not given the credibility and air time male rappers are.
    Yeah they didn't pick her off the street...She was a TI groupie come on man.

Jean Grae was decent. I haven't heard her on anything but features on Talib Kweli songs.

Iggy feels so "prepackaged". A white girl rapping with a big ass and fake southern inflection is just a genius idea from a marketing standpoint. How could she NOT get attention? The problem is that her rhyming is horrible, AND her lyrics have 0 content.

You'd think if someone wasn't constrained by having to make songs that made sense, or were more than vague sexual allusions, that they would actually use that freedom to string together some good rhymes.

She rarely actually uses specific nouns in her songs. It's just ****ing pronouns because she's not actually rapping about anything.

contrary to popular belief you can make upbeat, radio friendly rap that isn't retarded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yED5O87atdQ

Quote Originally Posted by AnaheimLakers24
    Washington is garbage thats why. wall will never win a ring there. youll die before they make it to the finals
    DMV says suck a dick *****

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Yeah they didn't pick her off the street...She was a TI groupie come on man.

Jean Grae was decent. I haven't heard her on anything but features on Talib Kweli songs.

Iggy feels so "prepackaged". A white girl rapping with a big ass and fake southern inflection is just a genius idea from a marketing standpoint. How could she NOT get attention? The problem is that her rhyming is horrible, AND her lyrics have 0 content.

You'd think if someone wasn't constrained by having to make songs that made sense, or were more than vague sexual allusions, that they would actually use that freedom to string together some good rhymes.

She rarely actually uses specific nouns in her songs. It's just ****ing pronouns because she's not actually rapping about anything.

contrary to popular belief you can make upbeat, radio friendly rap that isn't retarded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yED5O87atdQ
    I think you're being chauvinistic. Iggy already had a mixtape out before T.I. reached to her. I'd like you to point me to some credible source that confirms she was offered help because because she was T.I.'s groupie, because it seems like a slander to me. I think it's more believable that T.I. saw a good package of talent and good appearance in her and decided to make an investment.

Also the mixtape I'm referring to is quite good, her rhyming is very diverse and what you're saying about her only using pronouns is completely wrong.

On top of that, her flow is good and she's got a good sense of rhythm. Her articulation is good and she knows how to use dynamics in order to bring out certain parts or tone them down. She uses different rhythmic approaches to spice up her songs as well.

Clearly she knows how to rap and it's not really deniable unless you're biased. The only thing she's missing is lyrical content (like most of southern rappers do).

As for the Big K.R.I.T. comparison, I think that first of all it's not a good one and second if only it proves my point. First of all, there's a big difference the way women are treated in hip hop industry these days, that's why the Big K.R.I.T. comparison is not good.

Nobody want's to listen to female artists, that's rapping about social and economic issues. Women have been treated as "hoes" by hip hop industry for so long that the only thing they can rap about and get some attention is sex or getting wasted (and have sex). Girls can't do the gangsta gimmick because it's considered not appropriate.

A better comparison would be Nicki Minaj and Nicki does the very same thing Iggy does - sells her big ass and tits along with very weak lyrics.

Back to Big K.R.I.T., maybe he's getting air time in the States, but he's unknown anywhere else and is reportedly worth 400.000$, which is less than what Gucci Mane is worth. He makes far less money than Iggy does. Most of the rappers that are making big bucks made either by glorifying violence or sex, drugs, alcohol & luxurious lifestyle or (and usually) all of those.

And I'm not trying to put K.R.I.T. down, I love his music (and prefer it to Iggy's) and he's a very good rapper, but he's not even a major artist. I'd say the only major artist who's not shit lyrically at the moment is Kendrick Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    man theres some serious salty wiz fans in here. Like holy **** that dude is enjoying success on another team and all you guys can talk about is how shit he was on the wizards. grow up.

If by 'success' you mean fighting for the lottery picks then yes. He's done that well in Washington and he is doing that well right now in LA.

Swaggy p IDM

Such a generous godbe letting him take the shot

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Jones
    how is he a clown?
    He named himself Swaggy P for starters.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

this guy's hilarious. the more i think about it the more i'm realizing that kobe is on the autism spectrum (loner, introverted, contrived personality, cussing when it doesn't even make sense to cuss, had no friends even in italy, never hung out with hs teammates even)

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

[

Clown