Arrow Dwight Howard has been a negative impact when on the floor this season...

The advanced statistics prove this. Houston's early season success must be accounted for by Harden and the rest of the supporting cast.

Dwight is a -2 Box plus minus. He has a +3.2 impact on the defense when on the court, BUT he is a -3.4 on the offense. The net total is -2. Lucky for Dwight he has other great players like Harden and Ariza to pick up the slack. I think that Dwight is EASILY the most overrated player in the league.

Now just for comparison, lets compare dwight to the unanimous best center in the league, Demarcus Cousins. The #1 center has a net total Box plus minus of +4.9! This is made up of a +2.6 on offense and +2.3 on defense.

Default Re: Dwight Howard has been a negative impact when on the floor this season...

I agree that DMC > Dwight, but that's where it ends. No way in hell is James Harden the reason for Houston's success. Literally the only reason they have a good record is their schedule...which resulted in just one quality win against Dallas. Just re-watched most of that Portland-Houston series...Dwight was playing out of his ****ing mind, if Harden played like the supposed "best SG in the game", they would've made the finals, WCF at least.

Also, just for the hell of it:

Steph Curry: +28.4
    Chris Paul: -6.4
    Tony Parker: -3.8

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: Dwight Howard has been a negative impact when on the floor this season...

Bro did you really just use +/-

The advanced statistics are objective, they merely illustrate reality from a point of view. That point of view, is simply impact (scoreboard) when a specific player is on the court. Impact on both offense and defense. These numbers are not biased. They are what they are. Stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I agree that DMC > Dwight, but that's where it ends. No way in hell is James Harden the reason for Houston's success. Literally the only reason they have a good record is their schedule...which resulted in just one quality win against Dallas. Just re-watched most of that Portland-Houston series...Dwight was playing out of his ****ing mind, if Harden played like the supposed "best SG in the game", they would've made the finals, WCF at least.

Also, just for the hell of it:

Steph Curry: +28.4
    Chris Paul: -6.4
    Tony Parker: -3.8
    You're so salty. Hahahaha.

One quality win eh? Miami are scrubs I guess. San Antonio too.

Salty salty. Harden is backpacking this team. Get over it. Just stick with your 'harden will choke in the playoffs' line. There's still some validity to that until he brings it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    You're so salty. Hahahaha.

One quality win eh? Miami are scrubs I guess. San Antonio too.

Salty salty. Harden is backpacking this team. Get over it. Just stick with your 'harden will choke in the playoffs' line. There's still some validity to that until he brings it.
    Congratulations, you beat a 4-8 seed level EC playoff team that probably wouldn't make the playoffs in the West. Not like that supports your argument anyways, considering Dwight went for 26/10 on 63% FG with the best +/- on the team.

As for San Antonio, of course you guys would hype up that win, ignoring that Duncan, Ginobili, Splitter, Belinelli, Mills were all out. The Nuggets just beat OKC. Might as well hand them the championship

And you're saying nothing I haven't already addressed time after time on here. The dude lights it up in the regular season, gets up for the most meaningless games. Aside from some shit shooting performances, he's right on track to validate all my predictions. "Clutch god"..."crafty scorer"..."fear the beard"...blah, blah blah, we've heard this incessant garbage for years now.

Throw out all those bullshit media-driven narratives you want, we all know what's gonna happen come April. You are trying so ****ing hard to laugh it off and act like I'm just some mindless hater, but you know I've been right about EVERYTHING I've said about Harden. All the "hate" I've spewed about him was just reality that hadn't happened yet. You, like every other Rockets fan here, were just another person Damian Lillard wiped his ass with in just 0.9 seconds of his life

Congratulations, you beat a 4-8 seed level EC playoff team that probably wouldn't make the playoffs in the West. Not like that supports your argument anyways, considering Dwight went for 26/10 on 63% FG with the best +/- on the team.

As for San Antonio, of course you guys would hype up that win, ignoring that Duncan, Ginobili, Splitter, Belinelli, Mills were all out. The Nuggets just beat OKC. Might as well hand them the championship

And you're saying nothing I haven't already addressed time after time on here. The dude lights it up in the regular season, gets up for the most meaningless games. Aside from some shit shooting performances, he's right on track to validate all my predictions. "Clutch god"..."crafty scorer"..."fear the beard"...blah, blah blah, we've heard this incessant garbage for years now.

Throw out all those bullshit media-driven narratives you want, we all know what's gonna happen come April. You are trying so ****ing hard to laugh it off and act like I'm just some mindless hater, but you know I've been right about EVERYTHING I've said about Harden. All the "hate" I've spewed about him was just reality that hadn't happened yet. You, like every other Rockets fan here, were just another person Damian Lillard wiped his ass with in just 0.9 seconds of his life
    No, I'm not denying he choked in the playoffs. I said this much numerous times on this board.

But the fact that Harden is balling out of control on a team that has been missing three starters for several games, and yet, Houston is still winning.

Its been Harden, Ariza, and D league and Euro players for a good portion of the season, and theyre 10-3.

Like I said, stick with your 'Harden will choke in the playoffs' line. Until then, sit back and enjoy the ride. I know I'm enjoying it.

Harden will be top 5 on the MVP ladder all season. For a reason. Hate to crush your spirits. Maybe Harden will choke again in the playoffs you'll feel better about yourself.

Until then, stay salty.

Local High School Star

you sound like a salty lin fan.harden has been the top dog and deserves props.