Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Had EA improved on Live 10 they wouldn't be in the predicament they're in now

2k11 da GOAT

Default Re: Had EA improved on Live 10 they wouldn't be in the predicament they're in now

NBA Live was a legendary game.

Truly a game where the average basketball fan with an xbox 360 or a ps3 could just pick it up and play.

NBA 2k is too complex and comes off as nerdy to the non-gamer and it took the fun away from it.

I remember playing NBA Live 2010 online 5v5, most definitely the funniest and entertaining video game I've played especially with the trolls and overreactions.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    2k11 da GOAT
    GOAT cover, GOAT on the cover, GOAT sports game.

Can any game be more based? They should have retired the 2k series after that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode
    NBA Live was a legendary game.

Truly a game where the average basketball fan with an xbox 360 or a ps3 could just pick it up and play.
    I'm a hardcore fan of basketball and I prefer live because of this:

Quote Originally Posted by SavageMode
    NBA 2k is too complex
    To the point it is needlessly complicated.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Collie

Can any game be more based? They should have retired the 2k series after that one.
    They should just make a HD 2k11 and rebrand it as 2k15

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    Last Live I played was 2001 with Garnett on the cover. Since them they have been very bad. Although NBA street was always hella fun to play with.

Still, come on, 2K11 is the GOAT bball game. Maybe GOAT sports game.
    I think my last NBA Live was 2002. My friend had a PS2 before I did so he'd bring it over and we'd try out different games. We thought Live '02 would be awesome since Live was the NBA game since the mid-90's. I remember the backboard shaking violently on standard dunks and overall we were quite disappointed. I coerced him to buy NBA 2K2 the winter of 01-02 just to try something different and we never looked back.

That said, like you, I thought NBA Street was incredible. Coincidentally, it actually reminds me of 9/11, since it came out just a few months prior and we played the crap out of that thing during the Fall season that year, both before and after the attacks. We always found it eerie that the Twin Towers could be seen on the loading or menu screen in the background.

On a related note, NBA Live 95 was my first real basketball game on the SNES as a kid. Glen Rice was ****ing unreal in that game, dude shot like 80% from three.

NBA Superstar

On a related note, NBA Live 95 was my first real basketball game on the SNES as a kid. Glen Rice was ****ing unreal in that game, dude shot like 80% from three.
    Always envied my friend with Live '95. I was stuck with NBA Showdown '94 for two years (until Live '96 came out). Got my money's worth though. Shattering backboards and signature dunk packages were legit. Bummer Live didn't bring them along.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Same, I'm getting NBA Live 15 when it comes drops in October, IDC if it's simple or bad, I'm ready for the nostalgia and simple yet elegant play.

I'm excited.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

If anything, 2K needs to be more realistic and complex. It's supposed to be a basketball sim, not some pick up and play arcade game.

I usually hit open layups

Bynum Jesus one of the GOAT game glitches.

Honestly I am still rocking the NBA 2k11. Still playing it right now. GOAT NBA 2k! I just hope modders won't stop updating new stuff.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Always envied my friend with Live '95. I was stuck with NBA Showdown '94 for two years (until Live '96 came out). Got my money's worth though. Shattering backboards and signature dunk packages were legit. Bummer Live didn't bring them along.

My dude. NBA live 97 with Richmond on the cover is probably my favorite non NBA 2k game. Along with Barkley Shut Up and Jam I seriously didn't stop playing either for summers at a time.

Memories. Gonna start crying now,

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    My dude. NBA live 97 with Richmond on the cover is probably my favorite non NBA 2k game. Along with Barkley Shut Up and Jam I seriously didn't stop playing either for summers at a time.

Memories. Gonna start crying now,
    Did Shut Up and Jam have anything to it? Aside from NBA Jam I didn't really mess with those arcade basketball endeavors. I remember downloading them en masse to an emulator a few years ago but they mostly seemed pretty terrible, though it was tough to get a good feel using my keyboard.

Here's another.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    2k11 da GOAT

11, 12, and 13 were all great 2k games. 70s Bucks Kareem was unstoppable in 2k12. Once you figure out his skyhook move, and combine them with setting him up with inside plays, he could get you 40 to 50 points easily. I was pissed when they took Kareem and Doctor J out of 2k13. They were both fun to use in 2k12 when you mastered their signature moves.