Default Do you think Pat Riley will low-ball Wade?

Dude has already declined from prime athletic Wade, to old-man Wade. And it's only getting worse year-by-year.

What's even more sad is that he hasn't developed a solid jumper yet, so without his athleticism he is useless AF.

At least Kobe can drop midrange shots at his age and doesn't rely on pumpfake and ft shots.

I really think Riley will lowball Wade for the mid level exception.
    Wade does not deserve a max especially with the bull$hit he pulls with those dumb pump fakes.

Banned

Default Re: Do you think Pat Riley will low-ball Wade?

wade will make up his lost money. even that PF who opted out, not sure what his name is.

Miami has no one else to blow their money on. they have a huge cap left after Lebron left and they need to fill their cap anyway. Wade will get his money.

D-Wade is going to go back to scoring 25 a game jus watch. There's no reason to think he won't score more points when he shoots more shots. His efficiency will surely drop but LeBron has proved that efficiency is just for the nerds...

2/5

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    Miami has no one else to blow their money on. they have a huge cap left after Lebron left and they need to fill their cap anyway. Wade will get his money.
    Actually Miami has been spent a ton of money already.

Bosh 20M
    Deng 10M
    McBob 6M
    Birdman 5M
    Rio 4M
    Granger 2M

That's a total of ~47M so far. By the time they sign Wade they will be over the salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    Actually Miami has been spent a ton of money already.

Bosh 20M
    Deng 10M
    McBob 6M
    Birdman 5M
    Rio 4M
    Granger 2M

That's a total of ~47M so far. By the time they sign Wade they will be over the salary cap.
    he should get something like $10-12/4yrs though...Wade's really not worth more than that IMO but I think he gets something like $60mil/4yrs due to loyalty at the Heat org.

also, dont' forget to include:

Cole 4M
    Napier 1M
    Hamilton 1-2M
    Ennis 1-2M
    Haslem 3-4M

also look-out for picks like Okafor and Marion to fill out the roster

would be nice if Wade could free up cash to get Monroe though...would be a really GREAT squad after losing out on Lebron.

I hope not. D-Wade knows his true value to the Heat and the Heat FO knows Wade's value to the team. If Riles steps to Wade with a disrespectful contract, I do not blame Wade for walking. Wade and Bosh have been the ideal teammates these past four years.

I don't think its impossible.

As Riley slowly shape out the rest of the roster.
    I don't see the Heat fans being unhappy about Wade taking a paycut in order for the team to compete.

Some may have an outcry later on that they can't believe they offered Bosh the max and not keep Wade instead. But they'll just be convinced by fans that this was the route to make it right back into the playoffs right away.

Plenty of teams have a better roster than the Heat that can offer him close to the same money though

No way they low-ball Wade. That would send a horrible message to future FAs about the franchise. He will get paid and Riley will use the "we take care of our own" line like he always has.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    I hope not. D-Wade knows his true value to the Heat and the Heat FO knows Wade's value to the team. If Riles steps to Wade with a disrespectful contract, I do not blame Wade for walking. Wade and Bosh have been the ideal teammates these past four years.
    they have been ideal in the sense that Lebron needed to be the first option..that's a given though if Lebron was placed on any NBA team. the sacrifice on both their part doesn't go unscathed though, they do have 2 titles to show proof and 4 consecutive finals appearances. and in Bosh's case, a max deal for 5/yrs now...which he is more than deserving of

as loyal as the Heat are, there needs to be a median as far as how much to pay Wade going forward. he's not worth the max due to his decline/ailing and prone to injury body. they will be generous and give him about $15M over 4yrs, which is really generous from my view as he's worth no more than $10-12M on the market (if that much, I'd think $8-10M really). if he's in uproar over that...as a long standing Heat fan, not Wade fan...let Wade walk and find a new suitor. we'll replace with Lance or someone similar for less and capable to withstand a full season

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    I don't think its impossible.

As Riley slowly shape out the rest of the roster.
    I don't see the Heat fans being unhappy about Wade taking a paycut in order for the team to compete.

Some may have an outcry later on that they can't believe they offered Bosh the max and not keep Wade instead. But they'll just be convinced by fans that this was the route to make it right back into the playoffs right away.

Plenty of teams have a better roster than the Heat that can offer him close to the same money though

Bosh was getting a max deal regardless with Houston, and would have with other teams too, so it's not as if we overpaid Bosh. he just has the full opportunity to play up to his potential now that he's 1a/1b with Wade (if Wade agrees to terms)

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

At least 4 years $55 million and can range up to $60 million.

OP actually said something almost positive about Kobe Bryant? I might die of shock.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Wade will be getting taken care of. Over the table and under.