Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Best guard prospect: Derrick Rose/Ricky Rubio/OJ Mayo/Eric Gordon?

Derrick Rose - seems to be the most athletic..But is also the least skilled imo. Seems to be passive and has a very spotty jumpshot. Very raw and tweenish...Could end up being another shorter but quicker Devin Harris or could be an all star.

OJ Mayo - Looks to be 6"4, doesnt have an amazing first step. Has trouble beating lower level college players with it. Is way more skilled then Rose but has issues with shot selection and overall athletism. Will he be able to get to the basket or will it be all long jumpers. Also is solid defensively but is still making freshmen mistakes. Im not sold on this guy as the next big thing but he will be a good player. Just not someone's skill set I would personally want on my squad.

Ricky Rubio- Is a great defender..Has amazing feel for the game. At 17 years old he is third in efficiency in the ACB league(very solid lg) and is killing it. Im really sold on this kid as he knows how to score when needed as well. Could be the next pg to join the ranks of Deron Williams and Chris Paul as the next gen point guards.

After 10 games.
    14.7 pt ranks 6th
    2.7 reb
    3.4 as
    2,67 st ranks 1st

playing only 25 minutes per game.

60% 2s 39% 3s 86% ft

Eric Gordon- I really like this kid in college. Love his skill set although he is small for a two guard. I also dislike the Ben Gordon comparisons as I see him as a more Mitch Ritchmond type body in the end. This kid is gonna be a player in the NBA and I feel he might sneak up and be a better player then Derrick Rose and possibly OJ Mayo. Kid is so underrated by these scouting sites like Draft Express...#9???best case is Randy Foye??

In my opinion I as prospects I think it has to go

1. Ricky Rubio
    2. OJ Mayo
    3. Eric Gordon
    4. Derrick Rose

I just dont get how Rose is so overrated right now...comparisons to JKidd at draft express?? he isnt even a true pg.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 12-05-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Default Re: Best guard prospect: Derrick Rose/Ricky Rubio/OJ Mayo/Eric Gordon?

Ricky Rubio....offspring of Menudo?

Go Spurs Go

Ive heard about Rubio. hes the guy dropping 50+ in the euro leagues as a 15 yr old I think. share any clips you have of him Im eager to see him play.

Banned

Ricky in ACB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5de_TkPHRg

Better quality
    http://acbtv.acb.com/video/div/169

Some younger stuff mixed in...he changed his jumper so dont judge it from the younger stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqLGz...eature=related

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I think Gordon's the surest thing, but doesn't have the upside the other guys do because I really doubt he's going to get much taller, and he lacks the playmaking ability. The other guys have the magical combo of size and playmaking ability. But their questionable jumpers make them risky in my view.

Gordon is the only guy who brings a flat out sure thing NBA skill, and that's his jumper. It will absolutely keep him from being a bust, but may or may not make him a star.

And I agree about Mayo's first step looking a little sluggish. He looked like he had more pop in HS.

Eric Gordan!!

Indiana boy born and raised... Hope the Pacers get him!

[COLOR="White"]The MOST homeristic post EVER[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I think Gordon's the surest thing, but doesn't have the upside the other guys do because I really doubt he's going to get much taller, and he lacks the playmaking ability. The other guys have the magical combo of size and playmaking ability. But their questionable jumpers make them risky in my view.

Gordon is the only guy who brings a flat out sure thing NBA skill, and that's his jumper. It will absolutely keep him from being a bust, but may or may not make him a star.

And I agree about Mayo's first step looking a little sluggish. He looked like he had more pop in HS.

Haven't seen Rubio; can't comment.

As for the debate of who I've seen; I think EG is easily the best. Think it will eventually prove to be alot less close than many experts are making it.

It's WAY early; but my projection for EG is a legit all star in the League.

Has underrated athleticism, SICK shot, aggresive attitude, etc.

To me, he is the goods.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Ive heard about Rubio. hes the guy dropping 50+ in the euro leagues as a 15 yr old I think. share any clips you have of him Im eager to see him play.
    not a euro-league game ... in an under 16 euro championships (or something like that, in that age group at least!).

Banned

Wow...Ricky Rubio seems to have some elite and touch on passes..This kid is special. I would draft him over OJ Mayo or Derrick Rose 10 times out of 10..This kid is 17 years old doing this stuff in a lg vastly superior to anything these guys are seeing in College..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvnKmfAe-Bg

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Jarred Bayless

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allball
    Jarred Bayless
    I havent seen him except half of a game and he was off...What is his game like...He didnt look to be near the level of guys like Gordon and Rubio but it was only 1 game

Superstar

I'd take Gordan right now and his explosive offensive skillset. Undecided between Rose and Mayo. Havent heard or seen too much of the Rubio dude.

HeartHustleHope

Rubio!

You're too biased with Ricky Rubio compared to others. Its easy to expose and critique OJ Mayo but Rubio? Where have you really done it? You gotta be consistent with all prospects. Only fair.

ricky is about 6'4 but i doubt if he is as athletic as the americans guys, but i know hes gona be a great player in the future. During the U-18 [he was only 16] world champs(i think) he averaged triple double in points, rebounds and assists. In the final against Russia got a quadrouple double with steals and nailed the 3 to go into overtime. But hey thats just one game. Anyhoo he is doing amazing things in the Spanish leagues considering i'm 18 and older than him. he is gona rate as one of the best ever european players.