Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Default 2 years ago, I said LeQuit will be exposed as overrated and go back to losing in Cle.

I was ridiculed by the board for saying it, but it turned out to be accurate.

Here are some quotes from my thread in July 13, 2014, right after James wrote that wack ass letter in SI going back to Cleveland.

QUOTES -

"The truth is, LeQuit makes his teammates look worse, and then it's always the same storyline. "Lequit doesn't have enough help, he has to carry the team" or "The Miami Cavaliers" or whatever. Always the same."

"It will fade real quick and he will be exposed this year. As I said, he is a great player, but a championship maker he is not."

"the Big 3 won 2 championships for the Heat. The FMVP should have been split into 3 pieces." (Wade/Bosh don't get enough credit for the sacrifices they made to allow Lebron to be "The Man" on the team)

"Lebron's Miami championship glow will fade........... and you will see what he really is again. A great player, but not "the michael jordan of our era" as that Pacer coach said. Without the Big 3 .... he will go back to losing."

-------------

That whole thread was full of people acting like LeBron came to Miami and graced the team with his Championship Experience and Leadership. The fact is, Wade SACRIFICED his team to allow Lebron get the credit as the "Leader" of the team, in order to win rings, due to the 2011 Mavs fiasco.

But Lebron was, and still is, that perennial loser who always "needs more help". Before Lebron went to Miami, he was a loser who kept getting sonned by the Pistons and the Celtics, then Riley/Wade/Bosh literally prop him up and help him win, and then he got undeserved credit.

Lebron is still that loser who makes his star teammates worse and throws them under the bus. He is a mental midget.

A big part of me wishes he kept his bum ass in Cleveland in 2010, so that now in 2016, Lebron would still have 0 rings and be the Charles Barkley of our era. Prime Wade (in 2010) would have been fine leading a team with a Wade/Bosh combo and Riley building around them.

Here is the thread from 2014 :

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=347279

Default Re: 2 years ago, I said LeQuit will be exposed as overrated and go back to losing in Cle.

Lebron needed the Heat more than the Heat needed Lebron. The Heat had already won a championship and was widely considered a first rate organization, even in their down years. Had Lebron went elsewhere, the Heat would have made moves to build a contender. Just one season after his departure in 2014 the Heat recovered to earn a 3rd seed and nearly advance to the ECF, despite missing their second best player. Point is, the Heat aren't the Cavs.

The ironic thing is the Heat being a great organization is basically the reason Lebron left. He wanted power and control, which wasn't going to happen in Miami. The Cavs gave it to him, and I think Lebron took what he had in Miami for granted. If he were being 100% honest I guarantee he'd say the same thing.

I think Lebron also took for granted having a teammate with championship experience. A guy who knows what it takes to win, has been through the battles and prevailed, and can share in leadership responsibilities on the court and in the locker room. Lebron is basically all alone on the Cavs. He's the only one who's climbed the mountain. He doesn't have a true peer, an equal, someone he fully trusts to help him lead the way.

Default Re: 2 years ago, I said LeQuit will be exposed as overrated and go back to losing in Cle.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Lebron needed the Heat more than the Heat needed Lebron. The Heat had already won a championship and was widely considered a first rate organization, even in their down years. Had Lebron went elsewhere, the Heat would have made moves to build a contender. Just one season after his departure in 2014 the Heat recovered to earn a 3rd seed and nearly advance to the ECF, despite missing their second best player. Point is, the Heat aren't the Cavs.

The ironic thing is the Heat being a great organization is basically the reason Lebron left. He wanted power and control, which wasn't going to happen in Miami. The Cavs gave it to him, and I think Lebron took what he had in Miami for granted. If he were being 100% honest I guarantee he'd say the same thing.

I think Lebron also took for granted having a teammate with championship experience. A guy who knows what it takes to win, has been through the battles and prevailed, and can share in leadership responsibilities on the court and in the locker room. Lebron is basically all alone on the Cavs. He's the only one who's climbed the mountain. He doesn't have a true peer, an equal, someone he fully trusts to help him lead the way.
    LOL

Miami never wins 2 championships without LeBron, let alone make 4 Finals without LeBron.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Where are the Heat? Moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Where are the Heat? Moron.

Where is bran? Oh yeah it's the finals

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Where is bran? Oh yeah it's the finals
    You're sarcastic, but you're exactly right.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

nice to see a REAL miami heat fan

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    LOL

Miami never wins 2 championships without LeBron, let alone make 4 Finals without LeBron.

I never claimed the Heat would have won those 2 titles without Lebron, but the Heat had already won a championship before Lebron came to Miami. Lebron had never won a title and still has never won a title outside of Miami. In 4 seasons in Miami Lebron won 2 titles. In 9 seasons in Cleveland he has zero titles.

My main point was that the Heat are a great organization, and Lebron is likely regretting his decision to leave a proven championship franchise in favor of having more power and control in Cleveland. He's a fantastic player, probably top 10 all-time, but he's not a good GM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I never claimed the Heat would have won those 2 titles without Lebron, but the Heat had already won a championship before Lebron came to Miami. Lebron had never won a title and still has never won a title outside of Miami. In 4 seasons in Miami Lebron won 2 titles. In 9 seasons in Cleveland he has zero titles.

My main point was that the Heat are a great organization, and Lebron is likely regretting his decision to leave a proven championship franchise in favor of having more power and control in Cleveland. He's a fantastic player, probably top 10 all-time, but he's not a good GM.
    And? Every teams goal is to win more championships

Decent college freshman

@OP I agree with you slightly about Lebron not coming to Miami in 2010. We did get plenty of highlights and Miami made 4 straight Finals but I would've wanted Miami to build around Wade & Bosh and we likely have at least 1 Prime Wade vs Prime Bron series.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    And? Every teams goal is to win more championships
    You are clearly missing the point. Of course every team wants to win championships. That goes without saying. However, the Heat won a championship without Lebron but Lebron has never won a championship without the Heat. It's not that complicated.

Again, my main point is that the power and control Lebron has in Cleveland might not be the best recipe for winning championships, and he also misses having a proven champion for a running mate.

Banned

He hasn't been exposed for anything...

Losing to a 73 win team isn't getting exposed you moron. His legacy as a top 3 GOAT is already set in stone. He has 4 MVP's, 2 FMVP's, and could be argued as the best all-around athlete in sports history.

The only thing that was exposed here is the fact that you're a loser who spends his time hating on successful people. Get a life man. Really sad what you're doing. Really really sad.

Whatever team he's on gets to the finals. This thread is premature. If Bosh could've come back 100% I think Heat coulda challenged for the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    He hasn't been exposed for anything...

Losing to a 73 win team isn't getting exposed you moron. His legacy as a top 3 GOAT is already set in stone. He has 4 MVP's, 2 FMVP's, and could be argued as the best all-around athlete in sports history.

The only thing that was exposed here is the fact that you're a loser who spends his time hating on successful people. Get a life man. Really sad what you're doing. Really really sad.
    melt

Down!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    melt

Down!
    You having a good summer? How's the wife and kids?