Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is anyone on this forum a fan of MJ, Lebron, AND Kobe?

The fanbases for each are so rabid and loyal to their man, that it seems like it's become impossible for anyone to be a fan of all 3 or hell, even two of the 3. Especially when there's so many trolls around that you end up looking like you hate the player you're arguing against.

Default Re: Is anyone on this forum a fan of MJ, Lebron, AND Kobe?

I think most people are but clearly have preferences as to who they like more. Most people just troll anyway or get angry at others propping players up to ridiculous levels.

Me. I like great players. Each have their own playstyle, but they are all incredible players and a joy to watch.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I like Bron more than Kobe in many aspects.

I would LOVE Kobe if he wasn't such an idiot and selfish. I would LOVE Bron if he was more skilled.

I like both for the opposite reasons (when it relates to each other).

I LOVE Bron's all around game and 'feel', imo the best player since his 3rd season. I always cheered for him. But his skills and questionable decision making keeps me from loving him.

I LOVE Kobe's work ethic, fearlessness and skill level. The most skilled perimeter player since MJ. But his IQ and selfishness keeps me from fully loving him.

So..... I am a 'fan' but they both have their issues.

The sad thing is whenever we discuss them 9/10 times they're compared to MJ so I come across as a hater or being dismissive of them. But one can't compare them to MJ. Outside of that, I tend to defend both of them.

Bron and Kobe earned their right, but players like Rose, Westbrook, Blake, I have no time for. Overrated players as f*ck.

Only lebron.

Banned

Lol why would I be a fan of a 1-9 and a guy who's 2/5 in FMVPs

Honestly everyone should be fans of all 3. Just like we saw with MJ, once he left everyone was looking for a new MJ. Same shit will happen to kobe and lebron. Talent is very unappreciated on ISH, especially me.

Sadly, there are far too many predilections towards these players and too many agenda-driven threads that the fans one of player end up remembering another player strongly due to the patronizing comparisons.

True fans of the game should isolate their feelings of their stans from the actual player, but not everyone can successfully impersonalize it; in too many cases, these agenda-driven threads insidiously cloud their judgement towards other players, due to associating all the disdain towards the stan with the actual player the Stan props up.

As for the Kobe-Jordan comparisons, however: it's become more obvious than ever in the past-several years that Kobe is out of Jordans's league, and even some of the more radical Kobe fans I know have come to terms with it; as such, Jordan fans haven't been as fast to antagonize Kobe as all the misguided comparisons have died down.

As LeBron has ascended to all-time-great status, Kobe stans have averted their antagonism towards him, out of apprehension that LeBron will eclipse their Lakers idol on an all-time scale. If anything, more Kobe stans are turning pro-Jordan, because they like to lump Kobe in th same bracket as Jordan to claim that he's in his own league above LeBron.

Local High School Star

Does pre 'The Decision' LeBron count? Then sure

Didn't like the whole team-up in Miami thing, then he started fvcking Chicago up every playoffs I just had to hate him

Not a stan for any of them, but I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Lol why would I be a fan of a 1-9 and a guy who's 2/5 in FMVPs

"Especially when there's so many trolls around that you end up looking like you hate the player you're arguing against."

Exhibit A.

Banned

I hate their stans, all are great players.

Present. I actually think it's gay af that people think liking one means you have to hate the other. Fake rivalries that don't even exist in the real world amongst the 3. Mj and lebron have this icy awkward public relarionship but it's not really any different than any current vs previous great. Just how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Present. I actually think it's gay af that people think liking one means you have to hate the other. Fake rivalries that don't even exist in the real world amongst the 3. Mj and lebron have this icy awkward public relarionship but it's not really any different than any current vs previous great. Just how it works.
    I think it's because MJ seems to favor Kobe when the topic of 'who's better' comes up. You'll note that for all the childish back and forth between MJ and Kobe stans, the two of them clearly have a mutual respect for each other.

Not really a fan of any, but I like all three of them

I really appreciate MJ and Kobe's skills, while I enjoy the comedy provided by the diva Lebald