Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Is LeBron the only player to be the greatest franchise cornerstone...for 2 teams?

i would have said kaj, but magic, shaq, and even kobe have somewhat decent arguments.

lebron has taken cleveland to the finals twice, has multiple finals mvps, and the franchise saw him at the peak of his athletic prowess - possibly the greatest athlete in nba history

in miami, he took a dormant franchise hungover from shaq's departure, and won them 2 titles playing some of the greatest basketball a fan will see. in 2013, lebron nearly beat teams by himself at times, carrying a heavy load only shaq and hakeem would know anything about.

he also won 2 mvps and had 4 finals appearances in total.

i could be wrong, and there is someone that i'm forgetting, but i'm nearly 100% sure lebron is the ONLY player that can lay claim to this impressive feat. kaj would have and outside argument, but again, arguable at best.

Default Re: Is LeBron the only player to be the greatest franchise cornerstone...for 2 teams?

Yah he is the greatest franchise colluder.

Default Re: Is LeBron the only player to be the greatest franchise cornerstone...for 2 teams?

The only argument Magic or know be has over Kareem as a laker, is that they've played their whole careers for the franchise.

But by that logic why Lebron over Wade?

Banned

if the prerequisite for corner stone doesnt involve championships. then i'm pretty sure theres allot of guys

since lebron never won a title in cleveland

shaq was the main corner stone in orlando and los angeles

many more guys...

and even if titles were part of it and we're not talking about lebron. wilt in philly and LA

and if youre talking about all time rankings for the entire history of the franchise...

wade will finish higher as a miami heat. he played his entire career there, won more titles. is the face of the heat franchise

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    The only argument Magic or know be has over Kareem as a laker, is that they've played their whole careers for the franchise.

But by that logic why Lebron over Wade?

i think you're selling magic a bit short.

magic's peak and prime were dominant, as he led the lakers to multiple championships facing some of the greatest dynasties ever.

kareem as a laker = ATG. mvp seasons etc., but he did have his share of blunders in the playoffs, and couldn't get it done without magic despite having loaded rosters built around him.

i'm not saying he isn't the GOAT or doesn't have an argument in that regard...

but without magic, i don't think his career legacy would be anywhere close to what people now consider as GOAT.

Banned

i dont even understand OPs logic

he has kobe as a possibility. when kobe played with 1 franchise for every single game of his career

is he talking about all time? title teams? finals teams?

da **** is this guy on?

does he think lebron is ranked higher than wade as a miami heat?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    if the prerequisite for corner stone doesnt involve championships. then i'm pretty sure theres allot of guys

since lebron never won a title in cleveland

shaq was the main corner stone in orlando and los angeles

many more guys...

none of those guys were the franchises best players though.

which is why it makes lebron's career unique in that sense. lebron didn't get drafted into a celebrated franchise with past championships and GOAT success.

he was drafted into a cursed sports town with little success to fall back on.

you could also say that the expectations are lower - i get that. but it still doesn't take away what he has done, single-handedly, for the team and especially the city.

by himself, he basically made miami into a free agent destination. players were lining up to take paycuts because they wanted some of lebron's success and knew with him at the top, they too would get a bit of that glory.

and even if titles were part of it and we're not talking about lebron. wilt in philly and LA
    wilt has no case as the greatest laker.

and if wade wins another ring/finals mvp, you might have a point. until then, lebron is the greatest franchise player they've had if we're talking about individual accomplishments.

Not airballing my layups anymore

wade is the cornerstone franchise player in miami...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24
    none of those guys were the franchises best players though.

which is why it makes lebron's career unique in that sense. lebron didn't get drafted into a celebrated franchise with past championships and GOAT success.

he was drafted into a cursed sports town with little success to fall back on.

you could also say that the expectations are lower - i get that. but it still doesn't take away what he has done, single-handedly, for the team and especially the city.

by himself, he basically made miami into a free agent destination. players were lining up to take paycuts because they wanted some of lebron's success and knew with him at the top, they too would get a bit of that glory.

wilt has no case as the greatest laker.

and if wade wins another ring/finals mvp, you might have a point. until then, lebron is the greatest franchise player they've had if we're talking about individual accomplishments.

ohhhhh i get it. so youre talking about best franchise player of all time

well

Lebron:

7,919 points
    2,225 rebounds
    1,980 assists
    193 blocks
    489 steals
    2012 NBA Champion
    2013 NBA Champion

2011-12 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2011-12 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    2012-13 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2013-14 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2013-14 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2011 NBA allstar
    2012 NBA allstar
    2013 NBA allstar
    2014 NBA allstar
    2 time FINALS mvp
    2 time SEASON mvp

vs

Wade:

18,812 points
    3,824 rebounds
    4,600 assists
    717 blocks
    1,335 steals
    2006 NBA Champion
    2012 NBA Champion
    2013 NBA Champion

2003-04 NBA All-Rookie (1st)
    2004-05 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2004-05 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2005-06 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2006-07 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2008-09 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2008-09 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2009-10 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    2009-10 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    2010-11 NBA All-NBA (2nd)
    2011-12 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2012-13 NBA All-NBA (3rd)
    2005 NBA allstar
    2006 NBA allstar
    2007 NBA allstar
    2008 NBA allstar
    2009 NBA allstar
    2010 NBA allstar
    2011 NBA allstar
    2012 NBA allstar
    2013 NBA allstar
    2014 NBA allstar
    2015 NBA allstar
    2005-06 NBA Finals MVP
    2009-10 NBA All-Star Game MVP

NBA scoring champion (2009)

NBA All-Star Skills Challenge champion: 2006, 2007

Only player 6-foot-4 and under to record 700 blocks

Miami Heat franchise records

Games played, career: 754

Minutes, career: 27,460

Points, career: 18,231

Field goals made, career: 6,567

Free throws made, career: 4,732

Assists, career: 4,489

Steals, career: 1,300

Steals per game, career: 1.7

Points per game, season: 30.2 (2008-2009)

Steals per game, season: 2.2 (2008-2009)

and the sad thing is... wade should have 2 finals mvp if not for lebron throwing the 2011 finals out of spite for his team mate

wade by a f*cking mile as Heats all time best franchise player

period

/thread

Banned

Chris Paul for the Los Angeles Clippers and New Orleans Hornets/Pelicans

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel

maybe someday

but Bob Mcadoo is still a better clipper

he only played 5 years there. but he won mvp and lead the league in scoring 3 times

if paul plays 10+ years there and sets franchise records.. brings a title.. he'l be the best

hes probably the best hornet though already

Shaq did that first when he left Orlando for LA, but Kobe after his 3 straight Finals runs cemented himself as the GOAT Laker.

College superstar

lol @ griffin

those are all longevity awards and stats. you could do the same with alonzo mourning.

by your logic, malone is a better scorer than kobe, jordan, wilt, dirk, and lebron.

or that malone was a better rebounder than shaq, duncan, garnett, hakeem and nate thurmond.

this isn't like i am comparing wade to someone with no titles or mvps. lebron has 2 of each, along with historical seasons and accomplishments.

in the 4 seasons lebron was there, the heat made 4 finals, and he was the best player in franchise history.

good post - and there's the player i forgot.

paul and griffin are/will be greater franchise players. paul is the franchise leader in assists and has already had more playoff success than mcadoo. the clippers are more relevant than they ever have been in large part thanks to paul (and i actually think he's overrated).

Quote Originally Posted by Hit_Em
    Hi big time kobe fan here!Kobe has a way of forcing people to do things that sadly ruined his chance of being on this list.Had he not forced his way out he would have been the corner stone of the hornets and bobcats.Also he would of never meet that lying whore Kailyn Fiber.
    He would have raped some other white girl

who cares about being the cornerstone of a pathetic franchise, Kobe would have never stayed in Charlotte had he been drafted there