Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: I thought Kobe was a zone buster?

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.
    ROFL. Really? You honestly think LeBron had a better Playoffs than Kobe? Wow. He cost his team the series by his performance in the first two games against the Celtics. The only positives were his decent series against an Arena-less Wizards team and game 7 of the Celtics series. Did you not see Kobe in the "series clinching" game against the reigning Champion Spurs? Or the "series clinching" game against the Jazz?

GTFO imo.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Michael Redd is the only true shooter on this team and I can't understand why he isn't on the floor more. Kobe's a good shooter, but he's not helping himself by taking quick, long 3s. That's never been his game. Might wanna take a dribble or 2 inside and pull up for 18-20 footers.
    Exactly. He's a true zone buster.

Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel J
    They packed the lane and sagged off of him which forced him into being a perimeter player outside of 1 game. They gave him the perimeter shot.
    the only perimeter shots kobe had were ones where hes falling away over 2 defenders, all bad, contested shots that he shouldnt have been taking anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Resurrection
    Other than Game 7, LeBron didn't do sh!t in the playoffs. Get your head out of his ass!
    You're Poseidon right? And if you think Bron didn't do **** in the playoffs you must of not been paying attention. His performance against Wasthington was as good as any player in any series during the entire post-season, and putting that with the fact that unlike Kobe he didn't give up on his team is just more impressive than Kobe to me.

Bron had the best game of either player with his game 7 performance, and digging even deeper his performances in Games 5-7 were all better than any of Kobes games in the Finals but Game 4.

Lebron trolls... they're so pathetic, they force me to not like him even though I actually like him.

NBA lottery pick

Kobe is nowhere as great shooter. but he's a great streaky shooter. once he gets hot, you cant stop him. the problem is he is a ball hogging freak. he's shot is off and yet he keeps perserving with the same failed formula of jacking contested bricks. if he replicates this performance against the real teams, the us team wont be so lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Lebron trolls... they're so pathetic, they force me to not like him even though I actually like him.
    So how do you feel about the Kobe trolls?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    Quit riding Kobe's dick and understand that LeBron is the best Olympic player on the US team. He is an excellent rebounder, scorer, creater, and has proven to be a very explosive and athletic defender.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    Kobe is nowhere as great shooter. but he's a great streaky shooter. once he gets hot, you cant stop him. the problem is he is a ball hogging freak.

Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Yes he did. Bron came through and dropped 40+ in Game 7, and had a monster Game 6 against the Celts. Kobe didn't. I'm sorry but series clinching games matter the most, and because of that you can't give the nod to Kobe for this year's playoffs against Bron.
    so your saying because Kobe Bryant didn't have any game 7's...u have to give the nod to LeBron? Punish Kobe because he made it to the finals without any game 7's. WOW.

Banned

You're Poseidon right? And if you think Bron didn't do **** in the playoffs you must of not been paying attention. His performance against Wasthington was as good as any player in any series during the entire post-season, and putting that with the fact that unlike Kobe he didn't give up on his team is just more impressive than Kobe to me.

Bron had the best game of either player with his game 7 performance, and digging even deeper his performances in Games 5-7 were all better than any of Kobes games in the Finals but Game 4.
    **** people who gives a **** what they did in the playoffs, all that matters is how they adapt and play to the FIBA game...

National High School Star

So how do you feel about the Kobe trolls?
    they love them because of what they say. I have seen many Laker fans defend Poseidon saying he is good poster before. And he is probably the worst poster I have seen on all of internet, never mind insidehoops

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Lebron didnt have a better playoffs than Kobe. But you're right overall, you can make a case for either of them...the gap, if there even is one, is very slim

That's arguable... I see your point though becuase Kobe probably did have better overall stats and didn't have as many bad shooting games.

But lebron to me stepped it up when it mattered. Game 7 vs the Celtics he damn near single handedly took the game. Kobe never had any point in the finals came near that level of "I'm taking over".

Lebron's first round against Washington was probably on par with Kobe's other rounds. But Kobe went further and he probably had a better overall shooting % (or maybe not, after the finals)

But to me, Lebron was more impressive in the playoffs.

I can't put my head around how LeBron had a better playoffs then Kobe, I mean HOLY ****.

Kobe was FAR and AWAY the playoffs MVP in the first 3 rounds, in the finals his #'s were very similar to LeBron's...yet somehow because LeBron had 2 good games against Boston (both losses mind you), we should somehow just forget all the great things Kobe has done for his team to get them into the NBA finals in the first place.

Kobe played fine today, he did take too many 3's (most of them were open), and they just didn't fell. He however played great defense, and caused quite a few turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    Quit riding Kobe's dick and understand that LeBron is the best Olympic player on the US team. He is an excellent rebounder, scorer, creater, and has proven to be a very explosive and athletic defender.
    Hi dumbass. You see me mention anywhere in my post that Kobe is the best player on the team? I think LeBron (along with Wade) was the best player on the floor today. I'm rooting for LeBron because I'm rooting for Team USA. Most of you LeBron trolls would rather see him score 30 pts and have Team USA lose. Fucking idiots.