Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: On Kidd getting benched....

The one thing I don't understand is why we recruit big men who CAN score. Since were obviously going to go with a guard-orientated offense why don't we get players who defend at the C and PF position? Dwight Howard is definitely a good defender but Boozer and Bosh are far from good defenders, there actually pretty mediocre.

And whoever said Michael Redd, Prince, Boozer, and Bosh are worthless. Watch more basketball, and you'll realize Boozer, Bosh, Prince and Redd are here to fill ROLES.

B'Oneal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Coach K on Bosh after the Russia game

[QUOTE=PainDog]You are being overly harsh.

[B]I don

Kidd still brings leadership to Team USA. I would rather have him sitting on the bench than at home on his couch. And IMO Paul and Williams are both better "skill-wise" than Kidd ever was. They have Kidd's passing ability along with scoring. At one point Kidd may have had the "intangibles" Paul and Williams don't have but it's obvious those two are beginning to show them.

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

He can make 3s

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    I am absolutely questioning it. Not only am I questioning it; I am answering it.

He has NO offensive game. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. CRAP. AWFUL. Playing 4 on 5 when he is in the game. He's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD.

Starting to slow down? His stats are like 1, 2, and 1. BRUTAL!!!

Taken like 2 shots in 50 MINUTES of play. Has 4 ASSISTS in the tourney so far!! YOU COULD STEP ON THE FLOOR and have more assists playing with these players.

At the moment you, I don't think you could say he is beter than Paul and Williams? To even make this sentence up is insane. He doesn't belong in the same paragraph with Paul or Williams currently, let alone the same sentence.

I am hoping that one day the Jason Kidd overrating delusionists one day wake up on here. He is and always has been THE most overrated player on ISH.

Don't get me wrong, he used to be very good. LONG, LONG, LONG time past.

He can't play dead now.
    yep and he TO the ball alot.

Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
    Kidd shouldn't be there in the first place. Not that he doesn't quote "deserve" it. It's just that Team USA has no use for him whatsoever... he's sort of there on creds alone.

Not true

You have 2 remember where Chris Paul and Deron were when they assembled this team. Kidd was the obvious starter at moment in time.

Had they known then, how good those 2 would be now. Kidd may be taking some much needed offseason rest. Which since he already has a gold medal he prolly wouldn't mind. Plus another Big would be added to the roster.

Reality is against a zone, Kidd is pretty much useless which is why Espn is overeacting because their dying for some controversy from this USA Team.
    They want a story and they know no one gives a sht if USA wins which is more than likely so their turning their attention elsewhere.

Writters & Analyst want this team to fail or not get along so they can run wild with related topics and articles.
    Last edited by elz; 08-04-2008 at 11:24 AM.

His experience playing these big olympic games is what Kidd will bring the most. I think Deron should be the starter bc he is big enough for international guards. But it is true, Kidd has noticably slowed down. But to say he doesnt deserve or need to be on the team is laughable. He is the one guy with playoff gold experience.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    I wouldn't trust either Williams or Paul in crunch time over Kidd.

They might be flashier, faster and better shooters, but experience will always outweigh that. Where was USA when we had the "greatest" athletes on this team? Yeah, almost 7 years of disappointment.

However, little kids will always say the same things... It's like those idiots that started watching NBA after AI crossed MJ a bit, or the ones that have never seen MJ play a game and they say that Kobe is a better player. Please...

Your baseless opinions on Kidd will never be taken seriously, just like ESPN's.

These games mean nothing. When the real games start, you'll see that Kidd won't be sitting on the bench during the end of games. For now, it's best for W and P to gain more experience.
    i would trust deron williams, dude is a solid floor leader and a much better player then kidd right now and so is cp, even though i have seen him get rattled a couple times in international play

Local High School Star

I am absolutely questioning it. Not only am I questioning it; I am answering it.

He has NO offensive game. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA. CRAP. AWFUL. Playing 4 on 5 when he is in the game. He's OLLLLLLLLLLLLLLDDDD.

Taken like 2 shots in 50 MINUTES of play. Has 4 ASSISTS in the tourney so far!! YOU COULD STEP ON THE FLOOR and have more assists playing with these players.

At the moment you, I don't think you could say he is beter than Paul and Williams? To even make this sentence up is insane. He doesn't belong in the same paragraph with Paul or Williams currently, let alone the same sentence.

I am hoping that one day the Jason Kidd overrating delusionists one day wake up on here. He is and always has been THE most overrated player on ISH.

He can't play dead now.
    damn yo i thought i was the only person on this board to think kidd is one of the most overated players of all time

NBA rookie of the year

He can't play dead now.

Kidd does not need to score on this team. it is loaded.

his job is to bring the ball upcourt, set up the plays (even if he only gets the hockey assist), rebound, push the ball in the open court, and be a mental leader.

those who disregard the mental aspect of the game clearly have never played at any organized level of play before. merely armchair athletes.

Kidd is still a key cog for this team. He is essential for the chemistry here on this team, and a leader for the guys and leads the unselfish movement. Last summer while he wasn't amazing statistically, anyone who watched the games could see how awesome he was in running the offense and helping to lead the D. He's the only guy on the team that doesn't care if he takes a shot the whole tournament, and maybe the only one that could be very effective without doing so. I still trust him more defensively than either other younger pg, and I certainly trust him to move the ball better than what's Paul been doing.

And I don't see the big deal in not playing a 35yo player in a tune up game. How the hell do people just automatically believe its over for him?
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 08-04-2008 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Posts Penyeach
    Kidd shouldn't be there in the first place. Not that he doesn't quote "deserve" it. It's just that Team USA has no use for him whatsoever... he's sort of there on creds alone.
    WTF? The guy is still a good defender in international play, and he's still got great court vision for the fastbreaks that make Team USA so effective. He's a good pace PG, and his offensive deficiencies aren't significant on this team. He may not be a top PG in the league for what he can't do, but that doesn't matter on this squad.

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

I think Sheridan might be reading too much into it. Although there is a poll on ESPN right now and Kidd is leading in who should be getting the least amount of PT between the 3 pgs. I think Coach K will let Kidd continue starting. But just because he's starting doesn't mean he'll get the bulk of the minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead
    I think Sheridan might be reading too much into it. Although there is a poll on ESPN right now and Kidd is leading in who should be getting the least amount of PT between the 3 pgs.
    I'm betting 90% of the people voting on the poll haven't even seen one full tune up game.