Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease DOMINATOR's Avatar

Default Re: Artest responds to Yao

writer seems to be pushing the issue. w/e

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
    Seriously. That's the impression I got as well. Wonder if the writer is a bitter-a$$ Laker fan who was dying for Artest and is trying to make waves.

Ya you are right. Liked the way that Artest responded. He seems to be excited to play with the Rockets. Yao will call him and clear all the things.

The only thing that worries me is that he already wants an extension.
    ( But I am sure that Morey will handle that too)

Sugar K

I know you're excited to play with Rick, but are leaving with any bitter feelings with the Kings or fired up to join up with him?

I'm just excited to be reunited with Rick Adelman. I don't care about anything else. If Rick Adelman has Yao Ming, they win championships without even thinking about me. I don't even want people to think that because the Houston Rockets are acquiring Ron Artest, then that's the reason they'll get over the hump. They would've been over the hump if Yao Ming hadn't gone down. They were having a great season.
    I'll come off the bench, I don't care. Let Shane start, and bring me off as a sixth man or seventh man. I would love to come off the bench in Houston. It doesn't even matter.
    don't forget the kings believed in you during your times of troubles. how can you not care or mention anything?

Karl Malone's bastard TMac&Luther's Avatar

What do you expect, it's some dumbass Sactown beatwriter trying to kick Artest in the balls on his way out of town. Fck that guy for trying to start some unnecessary beef before Artest even gets to Houston.

Yao wasn't even really trying to start anything, should he of said what he said, probably not.....some sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t get's lost in translation and Yao is too damn trustworthy, he doesn't even realize he just lobbed up a softball to the sh[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]t starting tabloid a[COLOR="Black"]s[/COLOR]s media. When Artest get's here, hopefully Tmac can set everything straight.
    Last edited by TMac&Luther; 07-31-2008 at 12:19 AM.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Seriously. That's the impression I got as well. Wonder if the writer is a bitter-a$$ Laker fan who was dying for Artest and is trying to make waves.
    typical loki, can't make a post without dragging the lakers or kobe or laker fans into it somehow...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

I am not even sure how you came up with this one, but its, well, um..... nm.

I do think this speaks to the sensitive fabric of the houston team and how Artest will integrate into their culture. Chemistry is going to be vital to his success with this team.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Yao feels iffy on Artest trade

Yao is right.

Ron Artest makes Stephon Marbury look like Einstein.

NYK's comeback 08-09 worldbefree's Avatar

Artest really surprised me with that interview. He seems like a good guy with his head on right. I get what he's saying about growing up in a rough environment and how it shows. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the Rockets play in Oct.

your hate for the lakers is comical.

I have no problem with Ron the basketball player, but Ron off the court doesn't appear to be to bright.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: Yao feels iffy on Artest trade

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    i would be more worried if yao or any of the rockets wern't a little concerned, they have every right to be worried, they got a good thing going in houston and they don't want anybody coming in and stirring up the pot... the fact that it's artest who certainly has a history of making boneheaded choices only justifys yao's feelings
    that's the weirdest thing, i misspelled rockets, caught it and fixed it yet it's still wrong yet when i hit edit it's spelled right? lol

edit:when i quote it it spelled correct? hmmm somebody else quote it

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worldbefree
    Artest really surprised me with that interview. He seems like a good guy with his head on right. I get what he's saying about growing up in a rough environment and how it shows. I'm definitely looking forward to watching the Rockets play in Oct.
    I argee with you there... I think he does have the right intentions, but he seems to have the ability to turn on the dime emotionally and have a completely different feeling at any given time. Just think about the period of time before he could declare on whether or not he would opt-out? I think he changed his mind at least three times in days.

He's quite volatile unfortunately.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

He seems willing to do anything for this team and doesn't care about his numbers but about the team winning. Even though he has a funny way of showing it he is humble, sure he doesn't always use the right words but I see that he plays and acts the way his heart tells him to. Yao will call him and straighten things out, this really isn't a big issue. Definitely excited about this team this year, can't wait to see how they play.