Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Paul Pierce saying he is the best, not Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Journalists don't put the question to him for some reason. They only ask other players who the best is. Probably because the media are the ones busy hyping him (Kobe), so they automatically just assume he's the best (and he has as good a case as anyone; I just think it's funny that no one ever asks him). But he's made plenty of other insinuations about himself in the past ("put me in the East and see what happens" etc.).
    People react to players like Pierce because he is no where near the #1 player. If LeBron, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett made that same statement, I wouldn't have a problem with it because they all have a legit case.

why live??

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Has Kobe ever admitted that anyone is better than him, or said that another player is the best in the league? No. So why is it a big deal if Pierce acts the same way? "I would expect nothing less from a competitor such as Pierce."
    But if Kobe said he was the best, you'd be all over that defending Jordan because there is a remote chance that people would believe that Kobe is better than Jordan. However, no one believes Paul Pierce is better than LeBron or Kobe, so therefore Pierce is not a threat to your idol.

To the people who think Kobe>>>Pierce..totally wrong..Pierce is just as good as Kobe IMO..Kobe had the luxury of Shaq to get his reputation where it is now..if he was on failing teams to begin is career and Pierce was in Kobe's position Pierce would be ranked alot higher in peoples perspective as a player in this league.Besides athleticism,Pierce is just as good at everything else.Pierce outplayed the "#1 player" in the league on 1 friggin knee on the biggest stages of there careers..give me break with the Kobe is ALOT better than Pierce B.S..I am glad Pierce is speaking his mind..I dont think he is the best player in the league however..I'll give that award for KG,CP3 & Duncan to share.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TnGGvTY70hQ
    Check 2:22.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

funny funny stuff.

lol at PP

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    To the people who think Kobe>>>Pierce..totally wrong..Pierce is just as good as Kobe IMO..Kobe had the luxury of Shaq to get his reputation where it is now..if he was on failing teams to begin is career and Pierce was in Kobe's position Pierce would be ranked alot higher in peoples perspective as a player in this league.Besides athleticism,Pierce is just as good at everything else.Pierce outplayed the "#1 player" in the league on 1 friggin knee on the biggest stages of there careers..give me break with the Kobe is ALOT better than Pierce B.S..I am glad Pierce is speaking his mind..I dont think he is the best player in the league however..I'll give that award for KG,CP3 & Duncan to share.

You should be banned for being this stupid.

Good High School Starter

celtics fan

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    You should be banned for being this stupid.

Just let it go man...

National High School Star

To the people who think Kobe>>>Pierce..totally wrong..Pierce is just as good as Kobe IMO.
    disagree

Banned

Winner of the 'post of the week' award!
    Thanks for broadcasting THE HONEST TRUTH!

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BrianScalabrine
    Winner of the 'post of the week' award!
    Thanks for broadcasting THE HONEST TRUTH!

TheHonestTruth=BrianScalabrine

Both have an agenda against Kobe.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    LOL, I have a feeling you're just trying to get people pissed off.

Anyway, don't even remind me of that 24 pont deficit game. Despite how superior Celtics were, I mean, with Kobe playing so awful, at everything, that was the series right there.
    It wasn't only a winnable game, it was a sure thing and they blew it. With that win, they would have headed back to Garden with a 3:2 lead, one away from putting the Celtics to sleep. Oh man. ****.
    Lakers were favorite by everyone and got whooped. They went thru that easy western conference the same west that the Celtics killed.

NBA lottery pick

Since when did ESPN become god of basketball?

Banned

not even top 10

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
    Since when did ESPN become god of basketball?
    Pretty sure Vegas had the Lakers winning the Finals as well, and they ARE the gods of basketball.

paul peiice is a stupid sayin hes the best hes not even the best in his team kg is the best and ray should of been the finals Mvp