Default Re: Paul Pierce saying he is the best, not Kobe

Kobe>Pierce

Paul "The Douche" Pierce strikes again?
    God I hate that player.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emile
    Now, comparing Pierce as underrated as he is to Kobe, is a joke. I'm sorry, a joke. Look, I respect Pierce. He's a remarkable, always overlooked player. But to say he's Kobe Bryant level or Kobe Bryant equal is pushing it way beyond the realm of logic.
    I mean, looking at it just from a statistical POV, Kobe had at least comparable stats to those of Pierce this year and while Pierce's finals performance was considered remarkable, Kobe's fans like me right now are ashamed to bring up this years finals appearance by him. Yay yay, I know, more factors involved. For one, Pierce's team won, he was clutch. Kudos. But he also had to go through a defense lot less thicker and was in a million time better situation. Not taking anything away though, Pierce is the truth, Kobe was awful, no excuses. Just proving a point.

As for Kobe's finals performances the years the Lakers won rings, 1 (2000) is comparable to what Pierce did this year. 2 (2001 and 2002) just likely blow Pierce out of the water and Kobe's so far an awful finals performer for whatever the reason. Comparing playoff numbers? Ok, you don't wanna go there.

Bottom line, all things included, of course there's no comparison. Just finals included because you seem to brag how Pierce led his team to the 'ship and all, Kobe still beats him. And Pierce gets praised for leading, Kobe gets questioned for underachieving. See my point? No comparison. Sorry. Which doesn't mean Pierce isn't great, underrated and on top of it all, just a big player. He is. And I respect him big time, I really do.

Pierce outplayed Kobe and showed why he is the best in the league. And Pierce was playing injured. He led his team back from a 24 point deficit to win on the road against a superior team. He simply shut down Kobe himself and took it to Kobe on the other end. Kobe is good, but he is no Pierce. Kobe will never be a finals mvp because he can't raise his game to Paul Pierce's level in the finals. Nothing wrong with that, Kobe just needs to keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Piercethetruth
    Pierce outplayed Kobe and showed why he is the best in the league. And Pierce was playing injured. He led his team back from a 24 point deficit to win on the road against a superior team. He simply shut down Kobe himself and took it to Kobe on the other end. Kobe is good, but he is no Pierce. Kobe will never be a finals mvp because he can't raise his game to Paul Pierce's level in the finals. Nothing wrong with that, Kobe just needs to keep trying.
    Celtics team defense >>>>>> Lakers team defense. This wasn't a one on one series.

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Celtics team defense >>>>>> Lakers team defense. This wasn't a one on one series.
    Pierce shot 43% (3% higher then Kobe) being guarded by players like Radmanovic and absolutely zero interior defense.

The entire Celtics team minus Garnett are dog sh*t, look at how much disrespect they've shown already. Such lousy champions.

LOL, I have a feeling you're just trying to get people pissed off.

Anyway, don't even remind me of that 24 pont deficit game. Despite how superior Celtics were, I mean, with Kobe playing so awful, at everything, that was the series right there.
    It wasn't only a winnable game, it was a sure thing and they blew it. With that win, they would have headed back to Garden with a 3:2 lead, one away from putting the Celtics to sleep. Oh man. ****.

NBA sixth man of the year picc84's Avatar

Tracy McGrady said the exact same thing.

WHO GIVES A ****?

Local High School Star

why do people get mad if a player feel he is the best? i think im the best at whatever i do, it might not be true but i think i am

B'Oneal
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

switch pp with Kobe on the Celtics and that team is unstoppable

NBA lottery pick

I swear that Piercethetruth is the same guy as Tmacsrockets, and kgisbigticket

Serious playground baller

1. Kobe was also injured.

2. Kobe not only led his team to winning the Western conference, which was arguably the most competitive conference in the history of the NBA, but he won the MVP, and made the all-defensive team as well.

3. Kobe was a clear leader on the Lakers. What makes you think Paul, who had two other, more experience all-stars on his team, was the leader?

4. The fact is, Boston won, but Paul didn't single handidly put them anywhere. That was a team effort if I have ever saw one.

5. Put Kobe on Boston and they would have won just the same.

6. It's easy to outperform Kobe, when you have two other all-stars drawing defense away from you, and Kobe is being double teamed every game, of every series in the playoffs.

7. Kobe has more rings then Paul and did it with a worse team.

8. If you look at every series played, Kobe actually played better then Pierce and beat far better teams. Lakers would have swept Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Oneal
    switch pp with Kobe on the Celtics and that team is unstoppable
    Negative.

NBA lottery pick

the Ring argument is getting very very tired now.

pierce has game on both ends of the floor, but hes way too slow to be considered the best player on the planet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfreak
    Has Kobe ever mentioned he was the best?
    Journalists don't put the question to him for some reason. They only ask other players who the best is. Probably because the media are the ones busy hyping him (Kobe), so they automatically just assume he's the best (and he has as good a case as anyone; I just think it's funny that no one ever asks him). But he's made plenty of other insinuations about himself in the past ("put me in the East and see what happens" etc.).