Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: Muslim Starting 5

Being born a Muslim a being a practicing Muslim are two very different things.

If I were to make a thread about an All-Christian team, I'd probably put guys like Howard or Korver on there. But am I going to put Biedrins, Dirk, Nash, or Kobe?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertime

If I were to make a thread about an All-Christian team, I'd probably put guys like Howard or Korver on there. But am I going to put Biedrins, Dirk, Nash, or Kobe?
    Okur is a practicing Muslim. Once again just because you drink or commit a sin does not mean you are not a practicing "insert religion here"

my friend your argument isn't valid, its actually quite comical

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Okur is a practicing Muslim. Once again just because you drink or commit a sin does not mean you are not a practicing "insert religion here"
    exactly

Organized Religions are amusing.

The best part are the people who claim to be religious, but don't follow most of their religions rules and guidelines.

How is he a practicing Muslim? He drinks, he doesn't fast, his wife doesn't wear a hijjab, his daughter has an English name....what exactly does he practice?

Like I said, can someone explain to me how he's any more of a Muslim than Dirk Nowitzki is a Christian?

I wonder who are actual "traditional" muslims (ie sunni or s-h-i-i-t-e) and who are Nation of Islam muslims (who are radically different).

And maybe someone can clarify, I remember that either Kareem or Hakeem (there's a slight chance it might have been another NBA player who was active in the 80's or early 90's) claimed that they actually fasted during practice/games/workouts.

edit: it blocked sh i i te, thinking I wrote sh!t

How is he a practicing Muslim? He drinks, he doesn't fast, his wife doesn't wear a hijjab, his daughter has an English name....what exactly does he practice?

Like I said, can someone explain to me how he's any more of a Muslim than Dirk Nowitzki is a Christian?
    Because he still goes to a mosque, and believes in the Quron. Not to mention that not all Muslim women wear hijjabs and fast during the Ramada. It's pretty simple and its sad that it has to be explained to you this many times. Just because you sin does not mean you arent a member of that church.

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

Sheed is the best muslim active in the nba and you don't put him on???

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-urnz

Because he still goes to a mosque, and believes in the Quron. It's pretty simple and its sad that it has to be explained to you this many times. Just because you sin does not mean you arent a member of that church.
    How do you know he goes to a Mosque? Or believes in the Quran?

Because he still goes to a mosque, and believes in the Quron. It's pretty simple and its sad that it has to be explained to you this many times. Just because you sin does not mean you arent a member of that church.
    well done

my dad is a muslim and dragged me out as a kid to the mosque, i met a lot of dudes there a most of the teens/high schoolers that were muslim and believed int he quran and god and stuff drank alcohol, had pre marital sex and that kind of stuff. Yet they always believed in there religion just broke some of the rules.

its called a sin

High School Starter

How do you know he goes to a Mosque? Or believes in the Quran?
    Why do you care so much?

Quote Originally Posted by mattreis62
    Why do you care so much?
    because he doesnt want a muslum on the jazz

People just claim whatever they want these days.

I have a friend who supposedly coverted to Muslim. The guy is a fukcin joke, because he doesn't follow 90% of their rules and guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH
    STFU.
    And who are you to accuse him of not fasting ?
    Do you want footage of Jazz games during Ramadan where he drinks water?

Either way, I seem to have hit a sore spot with the resident hypocrites.

There is no such thing as sinners...only hypocrites.