Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Who is the most famous person in the WORLD?

michael jackson.

superman?

in all honesty i wouldn't be surprised if Ronald Mcdonald is the most recognizable in the world, i mean the golden arches of Mcdonalds are the most famous symbol including the crucifix, so imagine all the commercials in the world, and an easy 2 recognize head, he could be the most famous.

but i think that in actual people Jesus > anyone. mohammed can't basically be famous because its illegal to show his face anywhere, so i think that Jesus who you can actually make an icon of is the most famous, because most cultures do believe in him or know of him, the jews know who he is but don't believe he is the saviour, christians of course know who he is, muslims believe he is a profit, and most atheists are christains that turned away from the religion because they're were to many subdivisions of churches or basically stopped believing, you don't find many atheist muslims, buddhists or jews plus all the malls get decorated with the manger scene of jesus' birth and the christian holidays are basically always on show.

Most famous person in the world.....It's so hard to sayy, because even if you took the best litmus test it's still raises questions:

Imagine you go to a a 3rd world village, with no concept of the world except their own village, and you brought a list of famous people, and ask each villager who they know. Who do you think they will say they know?

But the flaw in this is that if they yknow one person (say they know Jordan) then surely they must have some means, however slight, of communication and knowledge of other countries, and this makes me think, Which person has the most connections, most media, most knowable person, ie, this person is just so famous that you can't go around one day without hearing his day being mentioned.

And I can't honestly think of one person, not for the test I mentioned above.

So I'll have to go with a fake answer: God. Sure he's not a person, and I'm not directly answering the question, but I think the most famous being, is God.

NBA Superstar

Bush
    Bin Laden

Beckham
    Jordan

I am Chris Wilcox

Queen Elizabeth II

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Bush
    Bin Laden
    Jordan
    You got the first one right. I don't know about OBL, there may be places in Asia where they don't really follow that stuff even though they know we're in Afghanistan, but you may be right about him #2. Putin is probably up there too. I think Sarkozy is rising fast on the list because he's the most ambitious person in the world and gets involved everywhere on every issue. If he weren't president of a stable democracy I would be worried about him having power.
    Clearly number 1 and 2
    1. Bush
    2. Clinton

3. Bin Laden

4. Mandela
    5. Putin
    6. Sarkozy

somewhere nearby MJ, Zidane, Beckham etc.

my guess
    Last edited by yobore; 07-22-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Queen Elizabeth II
    I think that's like the pope most people know there's a queen but people don't know the name.

I am Chris Wilcox

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    I think that's like the pope most people know there's a queen but people don't know the name.
    That's exactly how I see it. People know (or atleast should know) that there is a Pope and a Queen of England, but I doubt many people know their names, or even what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    both MJs

Yes, Mick Jagger is a stud who captured the worlds attention. Lol, j/j.

Really, I think it's got to be Jacko. The entertaiment industry is bigger than the political, religious, or sport industry. It's the only industry followed equally by all, ages, genders, and nationalities.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by yobore
    You got the first one right. I don't know about OBL, there may be places in Asia where they don't really follow that stuff even though they know we're in Afghanistan, but you may be right about him #2. Putin is probably up there too. I think Sarkozy is rising fast on the list because he's the most ambitious person in the world and gets involved everywhere on every issue. If he weren't president of a stable democracy I would be worried about him having power.
    Clearly number 1 and 2
    1. Bush
    2. Clinton

3. Bin Laden

4. Mandela
    5. Putin
    6. Sarkozy

somewhere nearby MJ, Zidane, Beckham etc.

my guess
    everyone knows Bin Laden.