Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Default Re: Official Thread: Off-Season Trades, Rumors, News, Thoughts

I started thinking last night and came this conclusion about the nuggets this season.

- Defense will improve significantly, but will only be effective against teams below .500
    - Elite teams in the west and east both will find holes in the D and have their way with us, but we might be able to steal a couple close games.
    - PPG will drop significantly, I'd guess somewhere in the 99-101 range.
    - All this will result in a 48-34 record and a spot in the 8th seed.

Decent college freshman

http://www.denverpost.com/headlines/ci_10652714

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10654624

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...lking-wounded/

*Iverson sat out after banging his knee on the floor last Friday but is expected to return soon.

*Forward Chris Andersen was limited because of a calf contusion. He was kicked during Saturday’s practice and is listed as day-to-day.

*Center Steven Hunter has an inflamed right knee but has been able to practice on a limited basis.

*Guard Chucky Atkins, who will miss all of camp, remains out because of knee surgery. But he has been cleared to increase rehabilitation activity and will begin work on the stationary bike.

*Swingman Sonny Weems remains limited as he recovers from July 31 sports hernia surgery. But athletic trainer Jim Gillen said he could engage in a full practice late this week.

*Swingman Ruben Patterson practiced despite a mild right hamstring

strain suffered Saturday.

*Forward Kenyon Martin practiced, and is doing much better after missing time last week due to right shoulder inflammation.
    I hate injuries. AI's injury is nothing important, he will be back.

Wow all those injuries and no mention of Nene! It's a miracle!

Decent college freshman

Top 10 Most Popular NBA Jerseys in Europe:

1. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
    2. Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
    3. Pau Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers
    4. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
    5. Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
    6. Allen Iverson, Denver Nuggets
    7. Andrea Bargnani, Toronto Raptors
    8. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    9. Marco Belinelli, Golden State Warriors
    10. Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors
    http://www.nba.com/news/jersey_europe_081008.html

AI 6th , still popular. I would put him 4th tho. The others are there becoz of being spanish, italian or french :tongue:

Not airballing my layups anymore RobboUK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti

AI 6th , still popular. I would put him 4th tho. The others are there becoz of being spanish, italian or french :tongue:
    Belinelli

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by francesco totti

Yup, tho its still amazing how popular AI is.

Decent college freshman

Source

DATELINE — Allen Iverson left the Iverson Five to rejoin the Denver Five on Thursday, his first practice with the team since the birth of his fifth child, Dream Alijha.

The highlight of the practice was Kenyon Martin's highlight-reel dunk, in which he drove down the lane, faked a pass and tomahawked a dunk. When Martin landed, he stood still for a few seconds, soaking in the play. Opponent Juwan Howard cracked the silence, saying: "He traveled!"

The Nuggets open preseason play on Friday, at 7 p.m., at the Pepsi Center against Minnesota. Coach George Karl expects everyone to be suited up and ready except for Chucky Atkins (right knee) and Sonny Weems (groin strain).

As for how he'll distribute minutes, Karl said, "I would say the top-10 would get 20 minutes or more, and another two or three guys 10-15 minutes."

Iverson is back practicing.And k-mart looks passionate to start the season.

Opponent Juwan Howard cracked the silence, saying: "He traveled!"
    Hahaha brilliant.

Decent college freshman

http://www.protrade.com/content/Disp...3-9562646204a3

21. Denver Nuggets -- JENGA. Camby gone, Iverson on his way out, time to rebuild around selfish Melo.

We will need to pop up all this BS articles after the season is over. According to this retard, we will finish 21st in the NBA

Decent college freshman

http://www.canada.com/edmontonjourna...b-348c2c78872e

AI wont play again this tuesday vs toronto .. (sore right ankle)

I hope the injury isnt serious..but he missed too many pre-season games..
    I hope its nthg serious, and just precautionary measure from the medical staff

National High School Star

Well....a starting backcourt of AC and JR wouldn't bad...Instead of having two scorers, you've got one scorer and one defensive stopper...

Oh my.

Decent college freshman

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=479475

Nuggets, Linas Kleiza close to 4-year, $25 million extension

The deadline for contract extensions for first-round picks from the 2005 NBA draft looms Friday, and for many, it looks like the deadline will pass without new deals, which could mean a crowded restricted free-agent market next summer. But for the Class of '05, which has seen Andrew Bogut, Chris Paul, Deron Williams and Francisco Garcia sign new contracts, there remains a glimmer of hope: Denver's Linas Kleiza.

According to Kleiza's agent, Bill Duffy, the two sides are close. "The Nuggets really want to get it done, and I know Linas wants to get it done, too," Duffy told sportingnews.com on Tuesday. "I would expect it to be finalized in the next two days. We have until Friday, but it probably won't go that long."

Duffy declined to get into specifics of the potential contract, but a source says that Kleiza's deal will be in the four-year, $25 million range, which would make it similar to a mid-level contract. It is believed that only a small amount of money and the possibility of an option year are all that has held up the deal.

Kleiza, entering his fourth NBA season, had a breakthrough year in 2007-08, averaging 11.1 points and 4.2 rebounds. .

Other '05 draft class members -- Danny Granger of Indiana and Andrew Bynum of the Lakers chief among them -- remain candidates to get extensions. But Granger and the Pacers have not had serious talks and are not likely to get anything done. Bynum and the Lakers are far apart on money, and that gap is unlikely to close by Friday. Already, sportingnews.com has confirmed that the bulk of the draft class will not receive extensions.
    Keep Kleiza

Decent college freshman

Source

Assuming Kleiza resigned, and balkman retained. Here is how the situation look for 2009-2010
    Carmelo Anthony $15.78 million
    Kenyon Martin $15.61 million
    Nene $10.52 million
    Linas Kleiza $5.5 million (approximate)
    J.R. Smith $5.5 million (approximate)
    Steven Hunter $3.7 million
    Chucky Atkins $3.48 million ($760,000 guaranteed)
    Renaldo Balkman $2.11 million
    Sonny Weems $736,420

Nuggets in line to be free agents next summer (all unrestricted):

Chris Andersen
    Anthony Carter
    Juwan Howard
    Allen Iverson
    Dahntay Jones
    Gotta keep AI as well, plz.

I rule the local playground

that is great news on kleiza- and at the right price too imo- i was hoping he wouldnt need nocioni like 9-10 mill per year- not being in a "big market" may have helped us on that, im interested for some reason on david lee & if the knicks will have to pay him 10+ a year just because he is there best & most liked player

does anyone know what the salary cap limit is next year- will the nugs be able to sign a fa after the 58-60 million already lined up? will atkins & hunter be trade peices? is that trade ex going to be used?

assuming the lk deal gets done i am just so happy that the 4 players that i consider the core of the team(carmelo, nene, jr, & kleiza) are signed for at least 3 more years and at around 35 mill for the group- our "top 3" now cost well over 50- the jr & kleiza signing are the 1st step to someday having a better balanced roster & the only 2 positive steps this franchise has made for a while