Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    National High School Star Sir Charles's Avatar

Default Re: great Scottie Pippen interview about 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by BrianScalabrine
    Pippen is one ugly delusional overrated clown and 95-96 bulls is the most overrated team in NBA history. It's easy to win that many games in a weak and diluted era, especially if the commish rigged the games for you.
    Nah, Don`t hate on Pippen, He Is Underrated but there is no way the 1995-96 Bulls could beat a 1987 Lakers or even more a 1986 Celtics. The 1980s era was the most competitive ever!.

The Bulls have no Challange in the Frontline for Kareem at Center in the play-offs or the speed and scoring abilities of Worthy in his Prime. Not to mention Byron Scott`s scoring abilities, Cooper, Ac Green and Thomson and even Rambis comming in to do the hard paint job for some minutes etc..Not to mention: Magic in his Best Moment not only game wise but as a Clutch Leader and leading the way with Triple Double after another.

It would be laughable for the Bulls to try to Stop the 1986 Cetlics frontline with Parish, Walton and McHale from owning the Scoreboards and Rebounds. Not to mention Bird leading the way with Triple Doubles, DJ and Danny Ainge from Shooting. Celtics where Too Deep for any team and they could play any style that year. Fast Break, Half Court and could even Contain any Twin Tower Duo.

Trianle Offense only works when you are facing Limited Offensive Teams dont have Both a Great Offensive Frontcourt and a Great Offensive Frontline, which is both the 1986 Celtics and 1987 Lakers :).

In the case of the Celtics a Great Defending Frontline too.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-12-2008 at 07:16 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Depth is overrated.

On paper the 95-96 Orlando Magic were actually deeper than the Bulls.

Here's one for ya (in case this year's NBA Finals didn't drive the point home)

DEFENSE > Offense

Every time.

96 Bulls would take both the Lakers and Celtics out because they're the superior defensive team.

No one on Boston/L.A. would really stop Jordan from getting his 30-40 either. Or even stop Pippen from getting 20 IMO.

Decent playground baller Maestro33's Avatar

Pippen is one ugly delusional overrated clown and 95-96 bulls is the most overrated team in NBA history. It's easy to win that many games in a weak and diluted era, especially if the commish rigged the games for you.
    So do you like being what 19 maybe 20 max? Why is he overrated and how in gods green earth was the league diluted then? Explain...please no kidding. U mean diluted like the weak ass Similac you woulda been slugging back outta one of them dual handle, no spilly cups around that time? And the league has to be rigged nowadays because it can't get to the level it was back then in popularity or quality...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Depth is overrated.

DEFENSE > Offense

Every time.

96 Bulls would take both the Lakers and Celtics out because they're the superior defensive team.

No one on Boston/L.A. would really stop Jordan from getting his 30-40 either. Or even stop Pippen from getting 20 IMO.
    The 1986 Celtics had the #1 DEFENSE IN THE NBA!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Depth is overrated.

DEFENSE > Offense

Every time.

You can`t compare a young Shaq and young Penny to

a [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Prime Bird, a Prime Kevin McHale and a Prime Robert Parish[/COLOR].

..[COLOR="DarkGreen"]not to mention DJ, Danny Ainge, Walton as CF in a 2 Center System, Weddman and Mr Greg Kite to pound with Rodman or Grant etc..[/COLOR]

The Bulls where a superior Defensive Team in the PERIMTER but not even near the level of Defense the Celtics had in PAINT. Not To Mention the Celtics Offense in the Paint with the Big 3 .

Still the Bulls could not stop Ainge or DJ from Shooting from the outside and surely could not Stop Bird in his Prime. They couln`t even stop a 30 to 35 year old Bird with no back between 1987 and 1992 from getting 34-40 points, 10-15 Rebounds and 10-14 Assits

Pippen and Jordan were wasted tired trying to stop Magic in 1991 from getting 20 assits and triple doubles in the finals. Now add Kareem in 1987 to that team and a Primer Worthy, Byron Scott in his best Moment and better squad players overal than 1991

Stop Speaking Nonsense
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-13-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Charles
    Stop Speaking Nonsense [/B]
    You should take your own advice. Stop acting like the Bulls were some pushover team with absolutely no answer for any team in the 80's.

So sick of the fact that every Bulls hater brings out the same tired 80's argument. You only do it cause it's abstract and subjective and cant be proven either way. Cause when it comes to stats and figures and records, the Bulls have it over everybody. Theres nothing subjective or abstract about that.

You've got a definite hard-on for the 90's Bulls and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your screen name. Look I'm sorry Sir Charles that Jordan denied Barkley (along with many other players) his best shot at getting a ring but that doesnt mean that you have to endlessly try to tear them down with bulls**t speculation and conjecture. You cant tear down 72-10. You cant tear down 6 titles in 8 years. You can't tear down 2 3-peats. You can't tear down the fact that Jordan is the GOAT.

But I know you'll try.

You should take your own advice. Stop acting like the Bulls were some pushover team with absolutely no answer for any team in the 80's.

So sick of the fact that every Bulls hater brings out the same tired 80's argument. You only do it cause it's abstract and subjective and cant be proven either way. Cause when it comes to stats and figures and records, the Bulls have it over everybody. Theres nothing subjective or abstract about that.

Its a fact league expanded and weakened in the 90s:) not to mention the BULLS NEVER FACED A GREAT SCORING FRONTLINE WITH FUNDAMENTALS (that could play both Great D and Score "Alot" at a High FG%).

Every time the Bulls faced the the Celtics in the 80s, even 1987, 1988, 1989 and 1990 they got Schooled 3-0 and 3-0. And it wasn`t a Celtics Big 3 in their agil and potent 20s but in their 30s .

You've got a definite hard-on for the 90's Bulls and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with your screen name. Look I'm sorry Sir Charles that Jordan denied Barkley (along with many other players) his best shot at getting a ring but that doesnt mean that you have to endlessly try to tear them down with bulls**t speculation and conjecture. You cant tear down 72-10. You cant tear down 6 titles in 8 years. You can't tear down 2 3-peats. You can't tear down the fact that Jordan is the GOAT.

I am not an anti Bulls dude. I am just not a cocksucking hyped 90s Media Jordan-Pippen Bulls Fan like 99% of the kids whom keep avoiding the fact that the 90s competition sucked compared to the 80s and that fact the Bulls never faced a Great Scoring Frontline Duo or Trio in the Play-Offs. .

Not to mention the Bulls hardly faced Great Teams in the 90s.

The only Average Frontline the Bulls ever faced in the Play-Offs was the 1992Knicks, strangely enough = this untalented offensive team took them all the way game 7! just by their Great Defense. If the Knicks had another Frontline Scorer like Nique, Barkley examples they would have knocked the Bulls way = That is as obvious as recognizing Jordan as the Goat SG.

The Bulls could never beat a Magic to Worthy-Kareem Duo or the McHale-Parish-Bird Trio

Stop the cocksucking and get real.

No Offensive Triangle Offense Backcourt-Oriented Team will Ever Beat a:

"PRIME" GREAT OFFENSIVE FRONTLINE that also HAS GREAT D.

And in the mid and early 1980s Lakers you not only had a Great Backcourt with prime Magic and Scott/Cooper but also to 2 Great Scoring Frontliners: Kareem and Worthy. Not to mention a Deeper Team than the Bulls.

Just go look at the 2008 Championship Series Lakers vs Celtics to understand what im saying.

[COLOR="Red"]1980s = Bulls Owned Every Possible Way [/COLOR]
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-13-2008 at 03:48 AM.

Banned

Sir Charles is easily -- easily -- the most obnoxious poster on this site. And that's including all the Kobe groupies.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Sir Charles is easily -- easily -- the most obnoxious poster on this site. And that's including all the Kobe groupies.
    Loki don`t hate on me because I am awakening many 90s media brainwashed Bulls fans.:)

"Kobe Groupies" hahaha

(Kobe is No Jordan. Its A Fact )

All your arguments are coulda shoulda woulda. If so and so did this or if this guy was healthy or if this player was in his prime. You can't deal with the facts as they are so you deal with the subjective. And you gloss over the fact that there were 4 expansion teams in the 80's. The whole expansion argument is lame any ways cause is based on the notion that without expansion every team would of been better EXCEPT the Bulls.

When the Bulls won 72 games all of the haters harped on the fact that it was an expansion year while conveniently leaving out the fact that 1972 was an expansion year too.

Look I'm not saying that cause the Bulls won 72 games that it makes them far and away the better than the 80's Lakers or Celtics. Don't forget the Pistons either. I'm saying that it puts them up on the Mt. Rushmore of great teams. They have just as strong of an argument, if not better in some aspects for being considered the greatest of all time as any of those other teams do. Thats not **** sucking, thats being real.

And once again about this great team stuff. In order for any other team in the 90's to be considered great they would of had to beat the Bulls Would the Pistons of been considered great if they never got past the Celtics? Probably not. And using your logic that would bring the Celtics down a notch cause then they wouldn't of beaten a great Pistons team. It's so f**king convoluted. The Bulls took on all comers and ended up winning 6 out of eight years. They won series that they weren't supposed to win and kept many future hall of famers from winning rings. History would of judged the Knicks Suns and Jazz much differently if they had of beaten the great Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Yet all you choose to do is pull some kind of negativity out of that.

Look say what you want. Bring up all your abstract arguments that will never get a chance to be proven. But if you're gonna say to me that Jordan and Pippen werent one of if not the greatest duo in NBA history, that Jordan Pippen and Rodman weren't one of the greatest trios of all time, that Phil Jackson isn't one of the greatest coaches ever and that players like Paxson and Kerr weren't clutch when it counted in the playoffs, then I'll just let you waste away in your own myopia.

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili
    All your arguments are coulda shoulda woulda. If so and so did this or if this guy was healthy or if this player was in his prime. You can't deal with the facts as they are so you deal with the subjective. And you gloss over the fact that there were 4 expansion teams in the 80's. The whole expansion argument is lame any ways cause is based on the notion that without expansion every team would of been better EXCEPT the Bulls.

When the Bulls won 72 games all of the haters harped on the fact that it was an expansion year while conveniently leaving out the fact that 1972 was an expansion year too.

Look I'm not saying that cause the Bulls won 72 games that it makes them far and away the better than the 80's Lakers or Celtics. Don't forget the Pistons either. I'm saying that it puts them up on the Mt. Rushmore of great teams. They have just as strong of an argument, if not better in some aspects for being considered the greatest of all time as any of those other teams do. Thats not **** sucking, thats being real.

And once again about this great team stuff. In order for any other team in the 90's to be considered great they would of had to beat the Bulls Would the Pistons of been considered great if they never got past the Celtics? Probably not. And using your logic that would bring the Celtics down a notch cause then they wouldn't of beaten a great Pistons team. It's so f**king convoluted. The Bulls took on all comers and ended up winning 6 out of eight years. They won series that they weren't supposed to win and kept many future hall of famers from winning rings. History would of judged the Knicks Suns and Jazz much differently if they had of beaten the great Micheal Jordan and the Chicago Bulls. Yet all you choose to do is pull some kind of negativity out of that.

Look say what you want. Bring up all your abstract arguments that will never get a chance to be proven. But if you're gonna say to me that Jordan and Pippen werent one of if not the greatest duo in NBA history, that Jordan Pippen and Rodman weren't one of the greatest trios of all time, that Phil Jackson isn't one of the greatest coaches ever and that players like Paxson and Kerr weren't clutch when it counted in the playoffs, then I'll just let you waste away in your own myopia.
    Why did the Pistons beat the Celtics?

Easy. They had the...

THE BEST PERIMETER DEFENSE (before the Bulls) and the BEST FRONTLINE DEFENSE of the 1980s....

THEY COULD DEAL WITH "BOTH" THREATS!

but....their Offensive Capabilities Relied to Much on their talented PG Isiah Thomas, whose Role as PG ofcourse was 1st: To Create and then Secondly 2nd: To Score.

It is unatural B-Ball wise to have your PG taking the Scoring Load for the Whole Team and that eventually will kill a team, especially if this iTeam has No Interior Frontline Great D and even More with No Exterior Frountcourt Great D (with the Guards taking the Whole Scoring Load) to contain or diminuish the Opponent who had either Great Back Court Offense or Great Fronlinte Offense

(Teams like the 80s Lakers and Celtics, had both!).

Adrian Dantley. Their only Real Offensive Socoring Threat the Pistons had Left Early and was not in his prime in the late 80s. He played til 1989. So he was part of the schooling that the Pistons have to Jordan`s Bulls from 1984 to 1987 and Jordan-Pippen`s (Grant included) Bulls from 1987 to 1989

And If you want to go by facts then...

1980s Bulls = Nothing Against Celtic Big 3 and Laker Showtime.
    Last edited by Sir Charles; 08-13-2008 at 04:59 AM.

Value Ape.

Nice link. That season seemed to take on a life of its own. It took me about a month to realize they were playing out of this world basketball and after that the first thing I checked in the paper was the bulls box. Only one other time that has happened that something gets my attention off the lakers box score first thing in the morning, and that is one Yankees season that I am convinced was the best baseball team that will play in my lifetime.

Banned

The team with the most assits wins, period.

I'm assuming you meant the 90's Bulls.

Nothing though? Nothing at all? That what makes your argument so stupid. To say that a championship team led by Michael Jordan would have nothing against any team, from the 80's or otherwise has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili
    I'm assuming you meant the 90's Bulls.

Nothing though? Nothing at all? That what makes your argument so stupid. To say that a championship team led by Michael Jordan would have nothing against any team, from the 80's or otherwise has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read on this board.
    He's an idiot. I don't even bother with him anymore. Mind you, I think the '86 Celts are definitely better than any version of the Bulls and the '87 Lakers most likely are as well. But this dude constantly spouts nonsense.

If Barkley had [COLOR="Red"]Pippen[/COLOR], he would have had [COLOR="Lime"]8 rings[/COLOR]!!!! After all, Pippen played [COLOR="Magenta"]THE MOST MINUTES [/COLOR]in the '91 playoffs, so clearly he was [COLOR="SeaGreen"]the KEY PLAYER[/COLOR] for the Bulls when they won!