Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: great Scottie Pippen interview about 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls

Boston only won ONE game in LA, so they won partially by VIRTUE OF HAVING HOMECOURT IN THE FIRST PLACE. That alone torpedoes your argument. Second, the Lakers and Celtics played in the SAME LEAGUE. Far easier to correlate wins than two leagues 10 YEARS APART, one of which was clearly stronger. Also, NO the Lakers were not supposed to beat Boston badly. Boston had an edge in TALENT, DEFENSE. Lastly, Boston did not "crush" LA this year

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    LMAO, who says Bulls get homecourt. They only got 5 more wins in a MUCH weaker league.
    This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've read on a basketball forum. Who says the Bulls have homecourt advantage? The '96 Bulls have an SRS that crushes just about every team in history. SRS incorporates strength of schedule and other factors that show how dominant a team was. You're just a biased Lakerhead. The Bulls would hold home court against any team in history.

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Boston only won ONE game in LA, so they won partially by VIRTUE OF HAVING HOMECOURT IN THE FIRST PLACE. That alone torpedoes your argument. Second, the Lakers and Celtics played in the SAME LEAGUE. Far easier to correlate wins than two leagues 10 YEARS APART, one of which was clearly stronger. Also, NO the Lakers were not supposed to beat Boston badly. Boston had an edge in TALENT, DEFENSE. Lastly, Boston did not "crush" LA this year
    Thats why it's called home court ADVANTAGE

The Bulls have the best record in NBA history 72-10. That means they have home court over any team they face. Home court has always been determined by record and nothing else. (See what I was saying about how Laker fans don't like numbers when they aren't in their favor:) )

And don't deny that the Lakers were favored in this years Finals. No one was talking about a sweep but the consensus was Lakers in 6 or even 5. The Celtics won in six with the biggest comeback in Finals history and the biggest blowout in a clinching Finals game. That is crushing. Lakers never had control of that series except for the first half of game 4. And we all know how that ended

Besides Elite I'm still curious of what you think of my 2 posts about the 80's and Laker fans. I can repost them if you want.
    Last edited by puppychili; 08-19-2008 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puppychili
    Thats why it's called home court ADVANTAGE

The Bulls have the best record in NBA history 72-10. That means they have home court over any team they face. Home court has always been determined by record and nothing else. (See what I was saying about how Laker fans don't like numbers when they aren't in their favor:) )

And don't deny that the Lakers were favored in this years Finals. No one was talking about a sweep but the consensus was Lakers in 6 or even 5. The Celtics won in six with the biggest comeback in Finals history and the biggest blowout in a clinching Finals game. That is crushing. Lakers never had control of that series except for the first half of game 4. And we all know how that ended

Besides Elite I'm still curious of what you think of my 2 posts about the 80's and Laker fans. I can repost them if you want.
    hey pup, you and me both know they wont respond cuz they cant.

You're probably right, but I wish they would especially Elite.

This is fun.:)

Going once

Going twice

Going three times....

Pwned

Homecourt is decided by record because teams play in the SAME LEAGUE. The Bulls played in a proportionately WEAK LEAGUE in this comparison. Even RODMAN said that they wouldn't have won as many games in the 80's. Or are the Bulls groupies too blinded in their Jordan worship to remember that? So cork it. Crushing? No. a sweep or 5 games is crushing. Not 6 when only two of the games were won by double digits. Ya, a 66 win team with homecourt isn't favored

So cause the numbers arent in your favor, you would want to come up with some convoluted formula for home court. Typical. If the Lakers still had the best record you'd be touting just that and nothing else.

And I think my earlier post (that I doubt you read) puts to rest the romantic notion that the 80's were SO MUCH BETTER. I dont see how the 86 Bulls, Hawks and Bucks were so much better than the 96 Heat, Knicks and Magic.

And the Lakers were favored in this years Finals. You thought they would win. Mainly cause you're a fan and theres nothing wrong with that. But now cause the the Lakers lost, you wanna act like they had an uphill battle from the start. Thats not what you and many others thought BEFORE the series. Just admit that.

All I'm looking from this board in general is a little intellectual honesty from everyone. Laker fans seem to lack that the most. Which is why they're mocked the most.