Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Clippers Sign Kelenna Azubuike To Offer Sheet

Warriors and Clippers are just swapping guys left and right without a trade. INCONCIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Certified ISHiot.

i hope the W's match. his D is much needed off the bench.

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Maggette is a more adequate scorer. Azuibuike has potential, but Maggette can get to the hole better and take hits. But I love this if they can keep him. He is young, strong and has huge potential.

I hope they can also re-sign Ross. Ross will help to backup Mobley as well. Im surprised no one has picked him up, very underrated
    Thus why I called him a poorman's Maggette. Azubuike certainly has the athleticism and looks like hes increasing his body strength so he definitely has the potential to take contact, Corey is more efficient and also better at drawing contact but I think with experience that will eventually come to Kelenna.

I am also surprised he isn't signed yet and I expect a team like Boston to come swoop him in right away after the lost of Posey...

Do we still have the MLE? or once you sign a MLE player (Tim Thomas 2 yrs ago) it means its gone?

the running and the gunning that could take place for the clippers if the situation calls for it would be unbelievable

Baron
    Gordon
    THornton
    Azabuike
    DeAndre

that lineup could throw up a 15 point lead in a flurry before the other team even knows whats happening, and then all the sudden you bring in the twin towers Kaman and Cambyman to slow it down and seal the deal, and thats a wrap. Clippers FTW

The signing (to the offer sheet) is now officially a done deal: http://www.insidehoops.com/azubuike-...s-071708.shtml

3 Ball like Piatkowski dab0yech0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    the running and the gunning that could take place for the clippers if the situation calls for it would be unbelievable

Baron
    Gordon
    THornton
    Azabuike
    DeAndre

teams wouldnt even know what his them. ridiculous.
    I think Camby in that lineup would be better. DeAndre has been showing too much fatigue too quickly and its only summer league games. The guy definitely has to work on his conditioning.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Maggette is a more adequate scorer. Azuibuike has potential, but Maggette can get to the hole better and take hits. But I love this if they can keep him. He is young, strong and has huge potential.

I hope they can also re-sign Ross. Ross will help to backup Mobley as well. Im surprised no one has picked him up, very underrated

I like the Azu signing and agree that they need to lock up Ross as well. Q is a solid perimeter defender in the mold of a Bruce Bowen. If he could ever learn to hit the open 3 like BB then he'll guarantee himself a spot in the league for the next decade. Things are looking up for the Clips!

Quote Originally Posted by dab0yech0
    I think Camby in that lineup would be better. DeAndre has been showing too much fatigue too quickly and its only summer league games. The guy definitely has to work on his conditioning.
    your probably right about camby being better in that lineup, but the assumption is that they would go with it while he and kaman are resting, so thats why i threw him in there.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

so after this signing you guys still have $2 million left right? its just enough to keep ross ...

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    so after this signing you guys still have $2 million left right? its just enough to keep ross ...
    We can go over the cap to keep Ross, it isn't a big deal, and I don't see us signing any real contributor for 2 mil. Probably get a veteran big man[Elson/Potapenko] or something, then ink Ross. Looks like our depth chart would be IF W's don't match on Azu:

Baron Davis - Brevin Knight - Mike Taylor
    Cuttino Mobley - Eric Gordon - Marcus Williams
    Al Thornton - Quinton Ross - Kelenna Azubuike
    Marcus Camby - Josh Powell - Nick Fazekas
    Chris Kaman - Veteran Bigman - DeAndre Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    We can go over the cap to keep Ross, it isn't a big deal, and I don't see us signing any real contributor for 2 mil. Probably get a veteran big man[Elson/Potapenko] or something, then ink Ross. Looks like our depth chart would be IF W's don't match on Azu:

What about Tinman?

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich

dude its official already so its not an if any more as mentioned by ISH
    The signing (to the offer sheet) is now officially a done deal: http://www.insidehoops.com/azubuike-...s-071708.shtml

your line up is really good could get you to playoff even though the west is tough as long as everyone will be healthy this is the biggest IF

your line up is really good could get you to playoff even though the west is tough as long as everyone will be healthy this is the biggest IF
    I know we signed him, but the Warriors have 7 days to match, so they have until next Friday. If they don't, then he's a Clipper, but they could since it's a pretty small contract. I forgot about Tim Thomas, scratch Quinton Ross then or the veteran big man.

oh boy...

before everyone roasts you, let me 'splain this to you.

azabuike signed an offer sheet with the clippers. the golden state warriors still have the right to match the offer he agreed to, because he is a restricted free agent. they have 7 days to do so, therefore at this point it is unknown whether he will actually end up playing for the clippers

No. It wasn't official earlier in the day. It was just a report.