Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Phil Jackson compares Kobe to MJ

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSHOT
    No surprise this thread was created by a Jordan groupie.
    Kobe> Jordan.
    wait u still think kome is better then mj???why?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
    ah yes we have been expecting you loki
    i wondering when you would make your appearence to yet another jordan thread:)

Mike had developed his postup -fadeaway very nicely into the 90s

but posting up generally i feel it is b/c the triangle phil employed with the bulls team included jordan posting up alot more often
    And in the laker teams he had shaq to do the posting and really never went back to posting kobe
    but when you watch kobe post you see why is one of the GOATs he was working in the post the whole spurs series and they crushed the champs with his Jordan-esque FG%..
    he wasn't really taking alot of turnaround jumpers shots.he backed him down wayy near the rim and just turned around and lay it in.he was way stronger then brewer which is why he pushed hum wayy far back near the rim.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

By the way, what's Mychal Thompson smoking?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease HANNIBAL SMITH's Avatar

Not this sh!t again. Another "Jordan lovers suck off Jordan vs Kobe lovers suck off Kobe" fest type of thread. Fucc outta here.

Local High School Star

Comparing Kobe to MJ is like comparing Stephon Marbury to Magic Johnson

Or like Comparing T-Mac to.... Kobe

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
    Or like Comparing T-Mac to.... Kobe
    Actually no, because T-mac has actually led the league in PER. Has Kobe done that?

Oh and Kobe has never gotten out of the 1st round without Phil Jackson even though he still had a Hall of Fame coach in Rudy T and superstar Caron Butler.

T-Mac has never gotten out of the first round...................AT ALL despite having the best center in the league and having home court advantage. Yao is a superstar by the way.

@ Using coaching as a excuse. Caron Butler a superstar? As a Laker? Are you serious? You ougta slap yaself for that one. Caron wasn't nearly as good then as he is now.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HANNIBAL SMITH
    T-Mac has never gotten out of the first round...................AT ALL despite having the best center in the league and having home court advantage. Yao is a superstar by the way.

@ Using coaching as a excuse. Caron Butler a superstar? As a Laker? Are you serious? You ougta slap yaself for that one. Caron wasn't nearly as good then as he is now.
    That's because Kobe doesn't make others around him better. Odom has gotten worse playing with Kobe and Butler got better playing with Arenas.

Kobe has to get guys who are already good stars to play with. He can't help aid someone and make them better.

On a side note, we are not taking about T-mac here.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    Oh and Kobe has never gotten out of the 1st round without Phil Jackson even though he still had a Hall of Fame coach in Rudy T and superstar Caron Butler.
    1. Rudy T resigned during the 05 season.

2. Caron Butler was never a superstar in 05, dwit.

3-time NBA All-Star

Actually no, because T-mac has actually led the league in PER. Has Kobe done that?

T-Mac is one of my favorite players, while I don't like Kobe that much. But still, I can only say Kobe > T-Mac. For every flaw of Kobe there's a bigger flaw of T-Mac. Maybe in 2005, this was an argument, but just like the Jordan-Kobe comparisons should've stopped a long time ago, any Kobe-T-Mac comparisons should've stopped a long time ago.

NBA lottery pick

That's because Kobe doesn't make others around him better. Odom has gotten worse playing with Kobe and Butler got better playing with Arenas.
    Yep. Kobe doesn't make Odom any better. You left out the part where Odom sucked as a 2nd option and was on the sidelines in 05 and 07.

Kobe has to get guys who are already good stars to play with. He can't help aid someone and make them better.
    Perhaps you forgotten that the Lakers had Kwame Brown, a goof ball that can't even catch the ball. And he can't even make a single layup. You forget that the Lakers had Smush Parker, who was horrible on the defensive end and was a team cancer. Who can forget about Brian Cook? That ****er is horrible on defense end, and does nothing but chuck three pointers. Get my drift?

Btw, great players need great teammates.

On a side note, we are not taking about T-mac here.

Kobe led a team that started Smush Parker, Kwame Brown and Luke *****in Walton into the playoffs and had them playing at a high level against the suns in tune of a 3-1 series lead. Fast forward 2 years later, Smush and Kwame cant even start and get playing time on LOTTERY TEAMS , and Walton is the worst small forward on the Lakers now. If thats not making players better than i don't know what is.

Odom got worse? Odom done had some of his best shooting percentages in his career playing with Kobe, just like every player that plays with Kobe now. Odom's refusal to put in time and work on his game is why that he hasn't grown as a player despite being in the league 10 years, it's all on ODOM.

@ T-Mac making people better, like who exactly does he make better on the rockets? Shane Battier? Yao? They were good before they played with MAC.

Banned

They are both the most overrated players of all time in all sports.

Quote Originally Posted by RIMMER
    Compare them all you want, but Kobe blew a 24 point lead and got blown out by 39 points in the Finals.
    I thought there were 5 players in a basketball lineup.
    Last edited by Sroek; 07-15-2008 at 07:44 PM.