Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: Phil Jackson compares Kobe to MJ

LOL @ Kobe/Lebron having more talent than Jordan. Jordan changed the entire damn game of basketball from a creative standpoint for an entire generation. He's why people like Kobe and Bron even exist. Get out of here with that nonsense. Neither of them have that sort of transcendent, creative talent that changes the game and draws people in.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    LOL @ Kobe/Lebron having more talent than Jordan. Jordan changed the entire damn game of basketball from a creative standpoint for an entire generation. He's why people like Kobe and Bron even exist. Get out of here with that nonsense. Neither of them have that sort of transcendent, creative talent that changes the game and draws people in.
    You did read the part where I said Mike was a WAY better basketball player than either of them, right? I followed MJ from the very beginning. My impression of Michael is not of someone who oozes talent. It's rather a combination of supreme fundamentals, unparalleled work ethic, incredible athleticism, indomitable will, and iron mental focus.

I'm sorry you disagree with that you with how I arrive at my conclusion, but I think you agree with it. MJ was the best ever, by a long shot.
    Last edited by jrong; 08-11-2008 at 02:23 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    Kobe to me has the most natural basketball talent of anyone in history. That being said he's nowhere near the basketball player that Michael Jordan was.

Why is this? Part of it is circumstance and part of it is between the ears. "Talent" is a vague concept to assess, but I also think LeBron James has more natural talent than MJ. But, like Kobe, he's not even close to being as good a basketball player as Mike.
    That's why Kobe came into the league and dominated right?

An Icon Forever

You did read the part where I said Mike was a WAY better basketball player than either of them, right? I followed MJ from the very beginning. My impression of Michael is not of someone who oozes talent. It's rather a combination of supreme fundamentals, unparalleled work ethic, incredible athleticism, indomitable will, and iron mental focus.

I'm sorry you disagree with that you with how I arrive at my conclusion, but I think you agree with it. MJ was the best ever, by a long shot.

jrong, who do you feel had the greater work ethic between Jordan and Kobe?

Banned

Jordan doesn't ooze talent? You don't seem to get it: he was so creative in every respect that he changed the game for an entire generation. There's no one today who is on that level. His physical talent was also off the charts -- certainly more than Kobe at the very least.