Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Learning to shoot layups Made From Dust's Avatar

Default Re: oklahoma RAIDERS-- the newest nba team

It must burn like crazy that David Stern and Clay Bennett were right! This team is now 10 times better than anything Seattle had produced in recent memory and more importantly the city and the fans are 10 times better for this team. The OKC fans are insane! Nothing like the boring Sonics fans.

Better fans, better sports town, better team, better arena. What a win it was for the move in hindsight and oh how WRONG the people were who said the move would end in disaster.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Made From Dust
    It must burn like crazy that David Stern and Clay Bennett were right! This team is now 10 times better than anything Seattle had produced in recent memory and more importantly the city and the fans are 10 times better for this team. The OKC fans are insane! Nothing like the boring Sonics fans.

Better fans, better sports town, better team, better arena. What a win it was for the move in hindsight and oh how WRONG the people were who said the move would end in disaster.
    Better team?

You don't remember the '96 Sonics? Payton, Hawkins, Schrempf, Kemp, Perks

LAKER FAN FOR LIFE lovethetriangle's Avatar

you're not smart

Banned

Clearly you just started watching basketball.
    The Sonics were dominant in '96 before having to face the 72-10 Chicago Bulls.
    The city and the fans are not 10 times better. If you watch any Seattle Sonics game around 90s, you would seen how great these fans were. Sonics fans will be just as or more crazy than OKC fans if the team hasn't been moved.
    When Oklahoma City Thunder struggle for 5 consecutive years, lets see how excited the fans in OKC will be.

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

As much as I will root for any team to beat the Lakers and as much as I like some of their players, I was dreading a posting just like this!!! You blew all your credibility by opening your statement by saying that Stern and Bennett were right. Better sports town? Better than Seattle??? Whatever. Disaster??? I've never said it would end in disaster....think some of us Pacific North Westers were WISHING failure upon the Blunder, but not predicting it.

Have you ever heard of some guys by the names of Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Detlef Shrempf, Nate McMillan..........never mind, I've got a feeling I'm wasting my time here.