Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can Lebron opt out before 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    hir rookie season passed already bro...
    they resigned him for three more years...
    he has a player option in 2010
    My bad. How time flies.

The last year of a rookie contract is a team option though right?

yup

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    yup
    One more question;

Is there any particular reason the Cavs decided to extend his contract for 3 years as opposed to signing him for longer?

Is there some sort of limit on extensions or duration of second contracts?

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    One more question;

Is there any particular reason the Cavs decided to extend his contract for 3 years as opposed to signing him for longer?

Is there some sort of limit on extensions or duration of second contracts?
    It was LeBron and his agent that came up with the idea of having an option after the third year. Wade and Bosh both signed the exact same contract.

If the Cavs could have signed him for 10 years, they would have.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 07-04-2008 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It was LeBron's and his agent that came up with the idea of having an option after the third year. Wade and Bosh both signed the exact same contracts.

If the Cavs could have signed him for 10 years, they would have.
    It makes sense, because for a player like LeBron, his value is obviously going to exceed his contract within 3 years.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: The Official Lebron James 2010 prediction thread

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    dude u don't realize how many posts u make desperate that lebron will stay in 2010.
    Wait... I'm the desperate one, now? As far as I know, LeBron plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers and has for the last five years. Somehow, I'm desperate because I am annoyed at a bunch of idiots who make assumptions based on an interview in which LeBron extolled his fondness of the Big Apple?

I like New York, too. I don't really have a 'favorite' city, because I think that is pretty stupid and, frankly, immature. I do enjoy the time that I spend in NYC, though.

I'm confused on how I am the desperate one, however, when LeBron plays for my favorite team, has played for my favorite team since he came into the league, gets along with the front office, the coach, and his teammates, and has never had any problems with the organization.

On the other side, you have this guy who is banking on LeBron leaving the Cavs and joining his favorite team in 2010. As if we didn't know his hopes and dreams, it is in his avatar and his signature. How is that not the most desperate thing ever splayed on this board? How am I being 'desperate' in the least? How can you possibly call me out for being 'desperate' with this jerkoff running around with his 'LeBrooklyn 2010' banners?

u should just start the acceptance process a guy whos commited to his hometown team doesnt announce his favorite burrough is brooklyn and his favorite city is NY
    ...or not.

Why didn't he just leave two years ago? What was the point in staying with the Cavs if he was so dead set on skipping town? Why is LeBron building a 35,440-square-foot home in Bath Township (about 10 minutes outside of Cleveland) if he hates it so much?

Btw, Akron is not Cleveland. Saying he isn't committed to his hometown is just stupid. His entire extended family still resides in Akron.

His favorite college team is Ohio State. Why does this not get as much play as his fascination with the Yankees? I believe LeBron is also a Cowboys fan... maybe he will go to the Mavericks?

The truth is, he has not given any substantial indication that he is leaving Cleveland or that he is unhappy. People are jumping to ludicrous conclusions based on harmless statements.

he wants to be the worlds first sports billionaire u think he has a chance of that in cleveland? no.
    Well... he isn't going to be the world's first sports billionaire. That is going to be Tiger Woods. Where LeBron plays is going to have little impact on whether or not he becomes the first sports billionaire. He signed a record contract with Nike while playing in Cleveland.

NBA Finals

NJ fans sound so desperate. Y cant u just get over it. Lebrons not comin. I mean, thats just like derrick rose leaving chi-town 4 new york

I don't know why NJ fans are even getting desperate.

It's either the Knicks or Cavs

It's honestly a question of money and opportunities for money. More likely than not the Knicks and Nets will not be "high" contenders in the playoffs or even make the playoffs then. But, if he goes to those markets he'll obviously get more money, more opportunities to make money.

If he wants to stay with the logical choice to have a chance to win a title, stay with Cleveland.
    If he wants to be more commercial than he insanely already is, Brooklyn/NY.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPaulIsPunk
    **** man Lebron doesnt want to be a friggin Net, quit ur hopes

hes either staying cavaliers and remain hero of the state, or go to sacramento kings, mark my word, i will be proven right by 2010

I know one thing for sure

He doesnt want to play with the Sacramento Queens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It's going to be the Brooklyn Knights in 2010. ( The New name of the New Jersey Nets)
    link?

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If he wants to be more commercial than he insanely already is, Brooklyn/NY.
    I still disagree with that opinion. Michael Jordan went global in a small market (don't tell me Chicago is a big market, because the point is, it wasn't when MJ started there) and while Lebron isn't MJ, his popularity is just about getting there.

And MJ didn't have the benefit of global communications on this scale. The internet boom didn't take place until somewhere between his 2nd retirement and his second comeback.

Mathius

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: LeBron James fans....

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I believe that acquiring Delonte West last year was a step in the right direction. He is a young, solid point guard that is exactly the kind of player that could thrive next to LeBron.

The rest of that trade was a wash, imo. We didn't get anything great, but didn't give up anything great, either.
    Actually the rest of the trade was more than a wash, it was brilliant. We ditched Ira Newbles contract, Donyell Marshall's contract, Drew Gooden's new contact, and swapped Wallace for Hughes. Hughes was good for nothing here, but at least Wallace gives us 8 rebounds, ok defense, and a few more blocked shots than we ever got from those other guys combined.

The guys we picked up may not be great, but they all expire a lot sooner than the guys we gave up. Joe Smith ended up being a great contributor off the bench, probably the steal of the trade.

Mathius

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius
    Michael Jordan went global in a small market (don't tell me Chicago is a big market, because the point is, it wasn't when MJ started there)

Mathius
    True that. I mean, it's ONLY the third biggest city in the country. Might as well be Boise.

Ya know, when MJ started with the Bulls, I never even HEARD of Chicago.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

If the Blazers were a tad carefull with their spending they could clear out capspace for Lebron. A starting lineup of Roy/Fernandez/Lebron/Aldrige/Oden could win titles for a long time. Mind that is only if the winning means more than being in a large market.