Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    i love mcCants as much as anyone, but he's no where near as talented as Mayo... Mayo is a franchise player he will show it, potential Superstar
    How is Mayo so much better? Mccants is very good in terms of scoring, is an excellent passer when he actually chooses to pass, and is at least as good athletically as Mayo. Mayo probably has more of a commitment to defense, but Mccants is pretty damn talented. I dont think Mayo will ever be better than about a Jamal Crawford level player, he is fairly skilled, but kind of small and not a great athlete.

Not airballing my layups anymore Mad Max's Avatar

Default Re: T'Wolves send OJ Mayo & more to Grizzlies for Kevin Love, Mike Miller & more

Mistake how? Minnesota upgraded thier SG by adding Mike Miller. Added a talented frontcourt player in Kevin Love at PF. Jason Collins is an expirer next offseason. $6mil you save. McHale got over here.

Mike Miller/Cardinal come off the books in 2010 offseason worth a lil over $16mil. You either hold onto them until then or dangle them to teams lookin to add Mike Miller or cut payroll (Cardinal). Minnesota can try and land some free agents in the 2009 offseason.

Looks like Memphis is trying to get an exciting player to sell some tickets.

BlogOFfatman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max
    Mistake how? Minnesota upgraded thier SG by adding Mike Miller. Added a talented frontcourt player in Kevin Love at PF. Jason Collins is an expirer next offseason. $6mil you save. McHale got over here.

Mike Miller/Cardinal come off the books in 2010 offseason worth a lil over $16mil. You either hold onto them until then or dangle them to teams lookin to add Mike Miller or cut payroll (Cardinal). Minnesota can try and land some free agents in the 2009 offseason.
    + 3 million dollars

Damn... I was anticipating the Gay Love duo.

Seriously, Mayo probably fits Memphis better than Love, but will miss the much needed perimeter shooting that Miller provided. Memphis got rid of Cardinal, but took Toine back.

Mayo better be really good, because in my eyes Wallace gave up two good players for one (Love & Miller for Mayo).

What a weird trade. There has to be more to this. These s*** teams are trying to do something at least I guess. Hopefully they're not making moves just for the hell of it. But at least these teams are trying to make moves instead of just wasting draft picks on guys based on potential that will never do anything. I was very glad to see Jordan slip to the second round tonight.

Local High School Star ChrisKreager's Avatar

Default Re: OJ Mayo traded to the Grizzlies

You think Adriana's gonna like the deep South?

If she goes to games at the FedEx Forum, expect more males to show up.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Makes sense to me
    Wolves dumps out even more contracts for a couple solid players, no franchise players yet, but they are left with a lot of young talent and rookie contracts. Sure they won't be winning, but they'll have all the pieces to make a run at a star player. Although I would have liked them on keeping the pick on Mayo or try to get some value from Heat by getting Beasley. Pairing Beasley and AL would be a pretty sick forward combo if they take back Blunt as well.

Beasley/Jefferson/Blunt would be a good combo while Miami may pick up a couple expires and pick up Mayo with Marion and expires coming off the year after, they can get another big time big man to pair with Mayo and Wade.

Memphis gets what they want from the ownership standpoint. A risng super star player with even more expires. Sounds like they are really really trying to sale the team away. Now that its team has no value besides Mayo and Gay and just millions of dollars coming off the book.

Great trade for Minnesota. WHy people sleep on Mike Miller is beyond me.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I agree. It's completely unwarranted.

Not airballing my layups anymore Mad Max's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
    Memphis gets what they want from the ownership standpoint. .
    2006 first round PG Kyle Lowry
    2007 first round PG Mike Conley
    2007 first round PG/SG Javaris Crittendon
    2008 first round PG/SG OJ Mayo

3yrs $22mil or so Marko Jaric

Like tell me what I'm missing/not getting. Because the guards in Memphis makes no sense. There has to be a trade brewing here.

BlogOFfatman
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Because hes white with gay hair.

Jaric is a 6'7 pg bust who moves like a small forward he is nothing like shaun livingston who actually was quick enough to guard a point guard.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max
    2006 first round PG Kyle Lowry
    2007 first round PG Mike Conley
    2007 first round PG/SG Javaris Crittendon
    2008 first round PG/SG OJ Mayo

3yrs $22mil or so Marko Jaric

Like tell me what I'm missing/not getting. Because the guards in Memphis makes no sense. There has to be a trade brewing here.

I heard Heat wants conley, or wanted Conley at least, perhaps there could be a trade going around there.
    I agree, there must be a trade that could be going down somehow. And I wouldn't be surprised if it meant some more expires and future 1st rounders.

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    its because people think OJ Mayo will become a superstar and Love will bust into nothing

not speaking for myself, just speaking for people