Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team USA

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Team USA

Eastern europe is ten times worse than any intercity environment in this country and it's not as if the adults don't look after the kids. I'm not saying bad stuff doesn't go on but you can nerd-it out and avoid being beat up and it isn't like the prodigies aren't protected. Last time I checked it was the rich criminals in the suburbs with the expensive lawyers getting away with felonies.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    If I were against him, I would just kick him in the knee or the ankle as hard as I could and he would be done for. Not saying it's right or good sportmanship but it's the smart thing to do.
    I'll take that as he is good enough to play in Euroleague This is a bit of an ironic conversation. Typically, when a European athlete comes to the NBA they are "soft" at first and have a hard time transitioning to the physical play of the NBA game. Just because there is hand checking in Europe doesn't mean it's more physical.

Saw a basketball once

Here's another fun topic to debate/talk about. Kobe is still regarded to this day as the best player on the planet right? Well then Kobe is overrated. It's a good thing Kobe got MVP this year (even though Cp3 deserved it more), besides the fact he has been robbed from the MVP at least once or twice, I have good reason to believe it may be that he never lands in the top 2 voting again. Ofcourse I could very well be wrong since team results are factored in, and with Bynum back and having Pau start from day 1 of the season, Lakers should do well next year. However, based on individual greatness Kobe's overall game has slipped, and if you watch closely with an unbiased eye during these olympic games you'll see Lebron and Wade are more productively better players. By the end of next season you can add Cp3 to that list of players better than Kobe, unfortunately though since Kobe is like the face of the NBA, it's going to be a while until biased fans, tendentious media, and partisan experts admit anything of the like out loud.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Bonafide
    Here's another fun topic to debate/talk about. Kobe is still regarded to this day as the best player on the planet right? Well then Kobe is overrated. It's a good thing Kobe got MVP this year (even though Cp3 deserved it more), besides the fact he has been robbed from the MVP at least once or twice, I have good reason to believe it may be that he never lands in the top 2 voting again. Ofcourse I could very well be wrong since team results are factored in, and with Bynum back and having Pau start from day 1 of the season, Lakers should do well next year. However, based on individual greatness Kobe's overall game has slipped, and if you watch closely with an unbiased eye during these olympic games you'll see Lebron and Wade are more productively better players. By the end of next season you can add Cp3 to that list of players better than Kobe, unfortunately though since Kobe is like the face of the NBA, it's going to be a while until biased fans, tendentious media, and partisan experts admit anything of the like out loud.
    You obviously don't understand team USA's strategy then. Lebron & Wade are supposed to be the scorers. Kobe is the "DEFENSIVE" stopper. Those numbers don't show up on paper quite like points do. Kobe focuses all of his energy on playing defense and has done it extremely well. Kobe definately deserved the MVP over Paul. If we wanted to talk about MVP's that didn't deserve it, bring up Steve Nash. Not to mention the fact that Kobe still needs surgery. He is playing injured. He isn't just hurt. He needs surgery. Typically people have a tough time playing with a jammed finger. Imagine needing surgery on your hand and being able to do what he has throughout an NBA season and then holding off on surgery until after the Olympics. I'd say he's underrated instead of overrated. Lebron is great and will be the best one day, that day has not come yet.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Bonafide
    Dude why does everyone love bashing Kobe? Kobe isn't going into these olypmic games looking to lead the team in scoring. He is trying to shut down the oppositions best back court player and believe it or not you do get tired playing defense. What are you making your judgements by? The PPG? And ya his shot has been a little off but, it's very hard to get into a rhythm as a shooter when your not taking as many shots. The only reason Wade is playing so well is because he has fresh legs, he hasnt played in what 4 or 5 months? Wade also doesn't try to work with the offense either, he just tries to iso every time he touches the ball and drives to the basket, and his defense is average if anything. Lebron does look very good on both sides of the ball on the other hand and might be the best player in the league, who knows. The players roles in the olympics are completely different to their roles in the NBA so it's hard to judge the players by these games. Honestly this debate could go on forever, but the truth is we will never really know who is the best player. And if you dont think Kobe is at least to be considered as the best player in the league your crazy.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    You obviously don't understand team USA's strategy then. Lebron & Wade are supposed to be the scorers. Kobe is the "DEFENSIVE" stopper. Those numbers don't show up on paper quite like points do. Kobe focuses all of his energy on playing defense and has done it extremely well. Kobe definately deserved the MVP over Paul. If we wanted to talk about MVP's that didn't deserve it, bring up Steve Nash. Not to mention the fact that Kobe still needs surgery. He is playing injured. He isn't just hurt. He needs surgery. Typically people have a tough time playing with a jammed finger. Imagine needing surgery on your hand and being able to do what he has throughout an NBA season and then holding off on surgery until after the Olympics. I'd say he's underrated instead of overrated. Lebron is great and will be the best one day, that day has not come yet.
    good call bro

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by crozz714
    good call bro
    You too, I repped you for that post.

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Isn't it enough to bash Kobe Bryant because he's a Laker

NBA lottery pick

That is certainly a better reason than trying to say he isn't a good player. At least we all can understand not everyone is a Lakers fan.

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Globe
    Imagine Kobe Bryant starring for Italy's AC Milan or LeBron James dunking for Greece's Olympiakos. It's truly possible.
    Another ignorant writer. AC Milan?? Wow. I have no words left to describe American knowledge of the Euroleague. I remember someone posted another link to linking some American free agents to a great European league like Iran. So, what do you guys think? Will we see Kobe star next to Kak

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

[QUOTE=simasu01]Another ignorant writer. AC Milan?? Wow. I have no words left to describe American knowledge of the Euroleague. I remember someone posted another link to linking some American free agents to a great European league like Iran. So, what do you guys think? Will we see Kobe star next to Kak

Decent playground baller simasu01's Avatar

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb...ach_for_stars/
    I forgot the link for the quote in my last post. Yeah, Beckham going to Lakers, haha, I think this might be a bit worse, though, because Lakers are like a little piece of **** compared to AC Milan in popularity. Beckham and Kobe, Kobe and Kak

Predictions for tomorrow.
    Usa to blow out Angola by atleast 45 points.
    Spain to blast China by about 30 points.
    Lithuania also blowing out their opponents Iran by 25-30 points atleast.
    Then for the 3 "tight as a nun's vag" games.
    Australia V Argentina a tough call.Argentina beat them in the diamond ball but were losing by 19 in the 3rd,I am going for Argentina but only just,whoever loses will be under a lot of pressure.
    Croatia V russia. I have to go with Croatia having seen them against the aussies.Still it will be tight either way.
    Greece V Germany. Greece by 10 points.
    Its why I think the eurobasket is the best tourney in the world!no blow outs like the above mentioned.

Saw a basketball once

1st post...hey to all...disappointed by greece opener against spain...seemed very weak when the spanish team speeded up at 3 quarter...zero inside game and no game plan...looking forward to a big improvement against germany...

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_who
    1st post...hey to all...disappointed by greece opener against spain...seemed very weak when the spanish team speeded up at 3 quarter...zero inside game and no game plan...looking forward to a big improvement against germany...
    Why did Schortsanitis not come back in to the game?
    I know papadopoulos has been rubbish last year in madrid,but I still think he could have been helpful in the team.
    I think Spanoulis and diamantidis were great though,infact i think greece weren't as bad its just spain are a class above,the depth that spain have is unbelievable.They can have two 5s that could beat almost any other team in europe. Calderon Navarro Garbajosa Jimenez Pau and Ricky/Raul,Rudy Fernandez,Mumbru/Berni Rodriguez,Felipe Reyes and Marc Gasol.