Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore Grizzled Mayo's Avatar

Default Re: Off Season Moves.

walker needs to shim shim shimmy every time he is on the court to bad he isnt the walker of four years ago

I am Chris Wilcox

How long does Walker have left on his contract? Couple years? 1? 2? If it isn't long maybe we could just tough it out and wait for the cap space to come along, though having to watch Walker during that time will probably make it go a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    How long does Walker have left on his contract? Couple years? 1? 2? If it isn't long maybe we could just tough it out and wait for the cap space to come along, though having to watch Walker during that time will probably make it go a lot slower.
    I think its only this year then a team option, which I ASSUME we would not take.

Till then I'd be droppin bombs on nba 2k8 with employee #8.

I orignally had Arthur in front of Walker in my depth chart but when Gay or Mayo goes to the bench, literally no one could score. J-Critt would go for 0-4.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I think its only this year then a team option, which I ASSUME we would not take.

Till then I'd be droppin bombs on nba 2k8 with employee #8.

I orignally had Arthur in front of Walker in my depth chart but when Gay or Mayo goes to the bench, literally no one could score. J-Critt would go for 0-4.
    haha im glar your deciding our starting lineup based on your 2k8 game

I am Chris Wilcox

My NBA 2k8 line up is.....

PG: Conley / Lowry / Crittenton / Jaric
    SG: Mayo / Buckner
    C: Gasol / Milicic
    PF: Hakim / Arthur / Walker
    SF: Gay

That's how it did look. Then I traded Buckner for Arron Afflalo from the Pistons and I also got someone for Jaric, but I can't remember who.

Anyway, before the trades went down, Milicic was being a b!tch about his minutes, he thought he was getting as many as he deserved. So I upped his minutes to 30mpg game and he was still b!tching that they were too low, so I just dropped his minutes down to 16mpg and put him on the bench and gave the starting spot to Gasol.

Conley's jumper sucks, I've had to do so much development training with him just to get it up and he still sucks. So I just drive at the hoop with him and he gets past his defender almost every time. Also, because Conley is good at finishing in traffic, he almost always finishes at the rim through the bigger guys.

Buckner, Jaric and Walker were the most useless pieces of trash I had on the team. Even when I combined all their point per game averages, they still didn't come above 10ppg.

Arthur was a big liability on offense, dude was missing open 5-10 footers. Hakim was a liability on defense because he was too small to play PF, so when I go for a big lineup, Hakim does well at the SF spot. My big lineup is usually Gasol / Darko (or Arthur) / Hakim / Gay / Crittenton. But, since this team is full of guars I find that I usually end with a small lineup, when guys like Hakima and even Gay have played the centre spot.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    haha im glar your deciding our starting lineup based on your 2k8 game
    Not saying that I would want Walker in front of Arthur in real life but since Walker IS one of my fave players I will certainly play him more over arthur in 2k8

Yo how good did you make mayo

Yeah it takes alot of work in that game to get certain players weaknessess is into strengths. Conley has a bad jumpshot in the game, but lowrys is so much worse. His form is so bad its hard to shoot with him.

But conley in real life looks like he has found his stroke. He is shootimg like 50 pecent from the arc ight now.

I am Chris Wilcox

I used sliders from another site to do Mayo, which somer guy posted (he done the entire draft class, I just done the first rounders and a couple of second rounders). Mayo is pretty good, the jumper that this guy gave him is pretty wierd, you have to release the ball pretty earlier to get more accuracy on the shot. Mayo also sucks at shooting if their is a defender within 10 feet of him.

Lowry's shot is hidious on the game, though when he is open, it's always money. Conley on the other hand misses when he is wide open, so I just went and altered his stats a bit to improve his shot, because it pissed me off so much.

But yeah, Conley seems to have developed a nice shot now, he's really shown it during the summer league.

yeah he took the night off vs the spurs. To give mayo more time at the point. But Conley is looking like he improved alot of his weaknesses.

Apparently there are rumors of the grizz trading critt to the magic. What would you guys like to get back for him. And would you rather be trading lowry instead of critt.

I personally think that critt has alot more star potential then lowry. But in a few years you would have two good point guards both would want to start and get paid. So you are either going to have to trade one now or in a few years. I think lowry will just becom a defensive gem not an offensive weapon.

Yo man you gotta lose one of them boys

I'd rather keep Lowry than have Crittenton. Even though Lowry is a mofo ballhog, he's an above average defender and pairs nicely with COnley.

Critt, however, is a combo guard which I hate especially if you're below 6'4. Theoritically, he'd fit more with Conley by spending minutes at the 2 and have fulltime backup 1 duties. But he has no shot and will mightily struggle playing regular minutes.

I'd take Reddick for Critt any day. We could use a shooter off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by gasolina
    I'd rather keep Lowry than have Crittenton. Even though Lowry is a mofo ballhog, he's an above average defender and pairs nicely with COnley.

Critt, however, is a combo guard which I hate especially if you're below 6'4. Theoritically, he'd fit more with Conley by spending minutes at the 2 and have fulltime backup 1 duties. But he has no shot and will mightily struggle playing regular minutes.

I'd take Reddick for Critt any day. We could use a shooter off the bench.
    Maybe reddik plus a pick

Man that boy aint been good since he was a dookie