Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Default Re: Final ISH Mock Draft (Post-Withdrawal)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    I picked Bayless because the Grizz have said one of their main goals was to try to sign Monta Ellis. Bayless is just as good as Monta with college experience. I don't think it was a bad pick actually. I'm sure if the pick was made either crittenton or lowry or maybe both would be traded.
    Ehh...bayless as good as monta? I think thats a stretch. Even if you got rid of lowry/crittenton you still would have a midget backcourt with bayless,conley,monta,navarro.
    Last edited by Posterize246; 06-18-2008 at 01:47 PM.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

I must add to my reasoning for picking Love that I was shocked and really disappointed that Bayless was picked by Memphis. He isn't necessarily exactly the type of guard that the Knicks need either, but I think would have been a great fit for D'Antoni's team. But since he was possibly the best player available (along with Love, on my opinion), I can't blame them.

Good High School Starter

I agree with everyone who says that this draft won't happen, but I think all of the picks are logical except two. I think that the Heat do want Mayo, but would swap picks with the Wolves to do so, which is what the guy who took Mayo said. I think the Wolves would love to get Beasley, however. I think they could either start Beasley and Jefferson at the 3 and 4, and move Brewer in the Heat deal and look for a center in FA, or trade Telfair in the Heat deal and start Brewer, Beasley, and Jefferson. I understand that the Wolves want some D around Jefferson, but if they could have two guys that could be 20 and 10 players, I think you jump at that chance in a heartbeat.

I also don't like Bayless to Memphis, unless they want to play him at SG, which is possible. In the run-and-gun NBA the league has turned into, Conley with shooters like Miller and Bayless, and athletes like Gay and Bayless, this team will run and shoot all game long. Warrick is a good athlete, Darko can move, and Navarro is a good gaurd off the bench. If they take an athletic big man with their late 1st round, and can trade either Lowry or Crittenton (and keep the other a backup) for a decent center, then this team has a pretty decent team. Not a traditional team, but a team that would give some of the older, slower teams in the West some trouble.

I do scratch my head some at the Love pick, but D'Antoni is going to have to change his style some without Nash running the point anyway, so why not go with someone who has a high basketball IQ and is a great passer? This team will put guys who can run on the court to try to creat fastbreaks, but in the half-court, if you put guards who can shoot, a swingman who can get to the hoop, and a big man to camp out in the middle with Love and the PG feeding them, you could have a dangerous offense. It won't be too hard to find guards who can shoot (Richardson may even regain is form under D'Antoni), and they already have Curry and Randolph they can use in the post. A swingman who can drive won't be hard to find either. The hardest part would be finding a forward that can pass and is smart enough to have the offense run through him. I'm not saying that is the offense D'Antoni is going to run and that he isn't just going to put as many athletes on the floor as he can like he did with the Suns, but it is possible. It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    I agree with everyone who says that this draft won't happen, but I think all of the picks are logical except two. I think that the Heat do want Mayo, but would swap picks with the Wolves to do so, which is what the guy who took Mayo said. I think the Wolves would love to get Beasley, however. I think they could either start Beasley and Jefferson at the 3 and 4, and move Brewer in the Heat deal and look for a center in FA, or trade Telfair in the Heat deal and start Brewer, Beasley, and Jefferson. I understand that the Wolves want some D around Jefferson, but if they could have two guys that could be 20 and 10 players, I think you jump at that chance in a heartbeat.

I also don't like Bayless to Memphis, unless they want to play him at SG, which is possible. In the run-and-gun NBA the league has turned into, Conley with shooters like Miller and Bayless, and athletes like Gay and Bayless, this team will run and shoot all game long. Warrick is a good athlete, Darko can move, and Navarro is a good gaurd off the bench. If they take an athletic big man with their late 1st round, and can trade either Lowry or Crittenton (and keep the other a backup) for a decent center, then this team has a pretty decent team. Not a traditional team, but a team that would give some of the older, slower teams in the West some trouble.

I do scratch my head some at the Love pick, but D'Antoni is going to have to change his style some without Nash running the point anyway, so why not go with someone who has a high basketball IQ and is a great passer? This team will put guys who can run on the court to try to creat fastbreaks, but in the half-court, if you put guards who can shoot, a swingman who can get to the hoop, and a big man to camp out in the middle with Love and the PG feeding them, you could have a dangerous offense. It won't be too hard to find guards who can shoot (Richardson may even regain is form under D'Antoni), and they already have Curry and Randolph they can use in the post. A swingman who can drive won't be hard to find either. The hardest part would be finding a forward that can pass and is smart enough to have the offense run through him. I'm not saying that is the offense D'Antoni is going to run and that he isn't just going to put as many athletes on the floor as he can like he did with the Suns, but it is possible. It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.
    its your pick monthh.charlotte

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Ehh...bayless as good as monta? I think thats a stretch. Even if you got rid of lowry/crittenton you still would have a midget backcourt with bayless,conley,monta,navarro.
    I drafted Bayless so that they wouldn't have to trade for a big contract like Monta's. You know Monta will be getting a large contract this off-season. It would be Conley/Bayless/Gay/Warrick/Milicic. The Warriors have a small back court as well, and a small team overall, but they are making noise in the West. I could see this team doing the same with a couple years of experience and future draft picks and FA signings.

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    ... It also helps that Love is guy that goes hard for rebounds to offset Curry and Randolph.
    A great point that I thought about when deciding, but forgot to mention. In order to get their perimeter guys to run, they need to rebound better, and Love will definitely be a good rebounder.

I think that NY's pick will be one of the most interesting ones in the real draft. It's not certain, but I would be quite surprised if the first five players selected weren't Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless and Love. Of the players outside this "top 5", NY has had workouts with Galinari, Westrbrook, Augustin, Gordon, Greene, Koufos and Anthony. Of those, I don't think they will take Augustin, Greene or Koufos, unless they trade down (and in this mock draft's scenario pick Love anyway), which leaves us Galinari, Westbrook, Gordon and Love (who they had working out and who in this mock was still available). I think Galinari will suit a D'Antoni team much worse than Love, I am not that convinced about Westbrook and Gordon isn't ideal fit either. He can score in various ways and could excel in a fast pace system, but he is small! If the other guards in the rotation are Marbury, Crawford, Robinson and Collins, I don't think Gordon can play with many of them together.

Therefore, even though most of you don't like the pick, I think Love actually makes sense. He has the skills, he really is athletic enough, he plays smart (which D'Antoni likes), he can pass from the post and also gives them a post up scoring option, he rebounds and he is ready to contribute immediately.
    Last edited by disco; 06-18-2008 at 04:57 PM.

Good High School Starter

My bad, I was thinking there was a team between Milwaukee and Charlotte.

I have the Bobcats picking Anthony Randolph. He isn't exactly what they need, but with this teams injury history, I don't think they can be too picky. Randolph is 3 to 4 picks better than the 9th selection, and I don't think there was anybody else even on the radar besides Arthur who should go 3 to 4 picks lower.

Good High School Starter

Great post Disco, but I don't understand the comments about Gallinari. I think he would be a great fit. He is basically Love at the SF position. They even have the same weakness with average, but not great athleticism and limited upside compared to some of other top prospects. The only other knock I would have on Gallinari is that he needs to add some weight, but he is only 20 so that should be a problem. I did think he would be a great fit, but then it was reported that D'Antoni didn't really care for Gallinari's game, which seems to have sent him into a bit of a tailspin. I just wonder if that was a cover so that Memphis wouldn't look at him.

Learning to shoot layups

LOL, Michael Beasley falling to #4 is comical. He will be the #2 overall selection no matter if it is the Heat or a team trading up for him. Brook Lopez won't go top five maybe not even top 10.

NBA sixth man of the year

Dasher wants Russell Westbrook for the Nets.

McCants is Available!!

Since we don't have the benefits of trades, alot of us are drafting by need.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Don't really understand Westbrook to the Nets, was hoping on him being there at 11.

Anyway, the Indiana Pacers select DJ Augustin, PG, Texas

Ok, the Kings get the player they (I) really want with thir 12th pick, and select..

Darrell Arthur from Kansas

I think this is a perfect match. Kings get exactly what they need: A power forward who can score, defend and run the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by disco
    Ok, the Kings get the player they (I) really want with thir 12th pick, and select..

Darrell Arthur from Kansas

I think this is a perfect match. Kings get exactly what they need: A power forward who can score, defend and run the floor.
    great pick

Westbrook is a hot player and can be moved. If there were trades in this draft I am sure someone would have given me their first, and a second rounder or two to get Westbrook. Portland, Denver, and Indy come to mind.