Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    College star

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

Kobe had a decent game, got the Lakers the lead in the 1st quarter, came up huge on defense (containing Pierce in stretches, getting the clutch steal). Had some questionable decisions late though. He should operate from the post more as Boston completely denies any penetration (I'm still in awe they managed to not get called for defensive 3 seconds all game )

Also, the game wasn't decided in the 2nd/3rd quarter any more than it was in the 1st and 4th. Lakers got a huge lead twice and at least were able to sustain the 2nd one. Not a pretty win, but without Phil's idiotic line-up to start the 2nd quarter this could have been a blow-out.

edit: KG is an absolute joke. Kobe isn't playing his best, but compared to KG, he's playing like the GOAT. KG once again disappeared on offense, 13 points and ZERO assists.
    Last edited by Brunch@Five; 06-16-2008 at 05:16 AM.

The Lakers pulled out a close one. They gotta improve, get tough, do something, in order to keep the Celtics off the line and from getting easy baskets.

Paul Pierce just drove the lane at will. Where was the defense of the Lakers? Nobody put a hard foul on Paul.

In the end, the Celtics gave this one away.

You know, we can talk all we want about being tough and playing better.
    But the fact remains, Boston are the toughest team for us to face because of the size advantage they have on us. I've said that from the start of the playoffs, only team I fear is Boston. They are really not that much better then us, all the games in this series went down to the wire.

Take away game 2 (ref job), and that historic comeback and LA wins this series 4-1 right now. But we're not the champs, we're on the brink of elimination because we lack size and interior defense. WE HAVE NO BACKUP BIG IN THIS SERIES, think about that for a second before you hear Boston whinnying about how they missed Perkins, but at least they have PJ Brown, Powe and even Posey. Who do we have? Turiaf, Mihm and injured Ariza?

This series would be completely different with Bynum, there is really no doubt in my mind we'd be at least up 3-2 right now with Drew in the lineup.

He'd at the very least be the 2nd best rebounder in the series, 2nd best shot blocker and would present some interior scoring for us.

With that said, Boston are expectedly the better team in this series mainly because of our vulnerability inside.

Anyone notice how Loki didn't make a single comment about Pierce's 19 FT's? Just imagine how much crap we'd hear from him if Kobe got those same 19 Ft's...I guess because it's Pierce, they are fully justified.

As they were of course, I just find his bias quite amusing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    think about that for a second before you hear Boston whinnying about how they missed Perkins, but at least they have PJ Brown, Powe and even Posey. Who do we have? Turiaf, Mihm and injured Ariza?
    Ariza is the same size as Posey and a good defender/energy player. Turiaf is bigger than Powe and an energy player/banger inside. Mihm, despite not having played, is better than PJ Brown (at least offensively). Why should we feel bad for LA again? Celts without Perkins don't have much more size than LA. Gasol is taller than KG, Odom is taller than Powe/Brown.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
    Anyone notice how Loki didn't make a single comment about Pierce's 19 FT's? Just imagine how much crap we'd hear from him if Kobe got those same 19 Ft's...I guess because it's Pierce, they are fully justified.

As they were of course, I just find his bias quite amusing.
    Go back and see if I made much fuss about Kobe's 18 FT's in game 3. I didn't, because he was clearly attacking, as was Pierce tonight. Get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Ariza is the same size as Posey and a good defender/energy player. Turiaf is bigger than Powe and an energy player/banger inside. Mihm, despite not having played, is better than PJ Brown (at least offensively). Why should we feel bad for LA again? Celts without Perkins don't have much more size than LA. Gasol is taller than KG, Odom is taller than Powe/Brown.
    Wow.

Go back and see if I made much fuss about Kobe's 18 FT's in game 3. I didn't, because he was clearly attacking, as was Pierce tonight. Get a life.
    What an ironic statement, coming from a clown who roots for any team playing the Lakers. As the sole purpose to belittling Kobe Bryant, just to glorify his precious.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Only 5 posts ever....................BANDWAGON!!!!!!!!!! Sustained!!!!

bandwagon my ass you are just a forum flame whore..sustained!!!

just because i don't have 1000 posts i qualify as bandwagon...ridiculous...hope u enjoy the watching the "pah-ty" we have in "Bawston"

Stay off Kobe's nuts your team is garbage! Gasol is GARBAGE sustain that flamer

Bump back to the tizop

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    And then...God willing.........GAME 7 as WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S MAKE HISTORY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAKESHOW ALL DAY EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    clearly u are delusional Lakers haven't won in Boston all year...

In It to Win It

Celtics are winning this series, they showed me that they are the better team last night (even though the Lakers won the game). The C's just are the ones which keep coming back, and will never go away. Kobe was mediocre last night, Paul Pierce was absolutely sensational. No way in heck the Lakers are winning this series, the Celts should be able to take this series in Game 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MJ + KB = MB47
    I feel like lamar odom gets in trouble when he forces his offense like as i watched tonight all his points came with in the flow of the offense when he does that he is the most dangerous weapon on the court. and also people have to understand Gasol has never been here he has never been expected to win so we have to give him a chance at those growing pains i seen a idiot mention trading him but i believe in the lakers lets make history.
    Good job stealing my avatar.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I was surprised to see lakers lose their intensity so quickly after the initial lead in an elimination game at home...kobe played like crap, lots of bad decisions..

I thought overall Boston looked a little tired, and Paul tried to do a bit too much which led him to being tired in the fourth...doc should have rested him.

Ray ray looked sharp at the beginning, but cus of Kobe having his hot hand, doc sat him down. I thought, yes to a change of defender as Ray was getting torched, but Ray should have been given more shots....

its so infuriating watching KG, he is an intense player but he settles for jumpshots???? I just don't get it...

I am pretty sure whenever most players get intense, their mindset is I am taking this mofo ball to the hoop....

I'll even settle for KG getting a charge next game as long as he takes it to the rim....

I rule the local playground GMW's Avatar

Are you serious? Mihm?

National High School Star

why is ariza not playing more than walton and radman? Ariza fights for every posesion and actually knows how to attack and play defense. With a soft pf and c, they need someone tougher in the 3.

I dont know what's radman's problem is but he has been forcing things a lot lately . before he usually is contented in hitting some open 3's and cutting etc but on this series, he can't even look kobe straight in the eye. He keeps on forcing plays w/c he's not good esp in passing.

Who do you think decided to play iso in the 4th? was it phil or kobe? its pretty dumb imo. Boston is playing box-1 so attacking at the top of the key is like having 5 defenders. La was also doing fine with their hi-lo play and post-ups

Just got home..good game last night..I thought the Celtics were going to squeak one out but instead KG had plans to celebrate in Boston..and Rajon did also.Good win for the Lakes..Game 6 should be fun.