Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

I love how every single time Kobe has a bad game, it's all "there were 3 guys on him!"

I guess teams just decide not to triple Kobe those games where he plays well. They just forget how to play defense -- never mind that Kobe looked totally different in game 3 than he did tonight in terms of how he was playing.

Boston only went to the box and 1 late in the game, and Kobe -- low basketball IQ that he has -- decided to try repeatedly to isolate at the top of the key and beat it off the dribble. That's just STUPID basketball, no ifs ands or buts.

I guess every time Kobe has a bad game (which tonight's was after a scorching first quarter) we'll just have to hear the excuses from his fans. They expect us to believe it, too.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-16-2008 at 12:42 AM.

Good college starter

Not Kobes fault, the Celts don't give him any shots and force his teammates to step up.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Not Kobes fault, the Celts don't give him any shots and force his teammates to step up.
    I saw Kobe take plenty of bad shots.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
    Just don't take 6th graders seriously.
    I just don't get these idiots.Kobe could go 2-20 and they would still say MJ is not better.They just don't get it.

gasol = game mvp. Shear heart and massive rebounds, however still has those soft moments.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by No.45
    gasol = game mvp. Shear heart and massive rebounds, however still has those soft moments.
    Too bad he is still the Tinman. 1 game dont change that.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I just don't get these idiots.Kobe could go 2-20 and they would still say MJ is not better.They just don't get it.
    Show me a game when he went 2-20?

However, I was proud of Lamar and Gasol for stepping up tonight.

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth34
    you my friend are stupid

you see how Pierce went through 3 Lakers enroute to a layup or FT's many times this game? why can't Kobe do that?

hes just NOT good enough
    idiotic.
    Pierce was going thru VRad or Luke Walton. Both of whom are below average defenders. And when he gets past them, he is facing Gasol.....oohhhh, big scary Gasol. Please. Gasol and his 4" vertical are about as intimidating as a well-trained goldfish.

if you dont recognize this, then you dont see why the Celts have been the best defensive team all season and the Lakers ranked 17th.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I love how every single time Kobe has a bad game, it's all "there were 3 guys on him!"

I guess teams just decide not to triple Kobe those games where he plays well. They just forget how to play defense -- never mind that Kobe looked totally different in game 3 than he did tonight in terms of how he was playing.

Boston only went to the box and 1 late in the game, and Kobe -- low basketball IQ that he has -- decided to try repeatedly to isolate at the top of the key and beat it off the dribble. That's just STUPID basketball, no ifs ands or buts.

I guess every time Kobe has a bad game (which tonight's was after a scorching first quarter) we'll just have to hear the excuses from his fans. They expect us to believe it, too.
    dude....you didnt even watch the game...what the hell do u know?? u were begging others for link online??

GTFO

Banned

Kobe was 3-13 after the first quarter. Don't tell me that that's not laying an egg. Please...

Dude that drive by Pierce was most definitely a foul, Kobe whacked him in the arm and in his ribcage which is why let go of the ball. Thats a hometown non-call. But overall the Lakers deserved to win the game. They played hard and aggressive. But I still have serious question' about the Lakers on D. If they play D like this on tues., as Emmitt Smith would say "Man they probably going to get blowed out!"

College star

kobe had a quiet 25, lakers are lucky they got this W

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by amfirst
    Show me a game when he went 2-20?

However, I was proud of Lamar and Gasol for stepping up tonight.
    I said he "could".He is not playing good yet u compare him to a 6 time finals mvp?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by No.45
    yea if u call over the backs massive rebounds, plenty of times gasol tried tipping rebounds over KG's back no fouls called ...also that steal kobe had on pierce was a foul..

LOL...people cryin about Kobe's subpar game....25 pts 7rebs 4ast 5stls on poor shooting...You think he he didn't play hard or something? lol. As if any of you guys could do better? As if any of you guys could even make it to the league? You think Bryant wants to shoot bad? Last time I checked Bryant was a pretty good f*cking basketball player. lol...you guys disgust me...He played well enough to win, and so did the Lakers, what else do people want? A perfect game? Never, not against this team at least. Go watch the Utah series if you wanna see Kobe get lay ups and free throws and shoot 50+ %