Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by ShowTime LA
    Didn't Kobe rob Pierce, not only once but twice on the 4th?
    yes, and who will win this series?

Pierce 38 points on good shooting

Kobe 25 points on ****ty shooting

tell me who the better and MORE aggressive player is? Paul to the line 19 times, Pu$$y ass Kobe has no will to get to the line

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.
    people dont understand what going on during the game..They dont see what starts the chain of reactions that lead to the Odom/Pau layups...They dont see how the way Boston is guarding Kobe(3 guys) is leaving every1 open and he has to facilitate.

For the Lakers to win game 6........they have to hope for the Celtics to play HORRIBLE........and For Kobe to start being Kobe for the whole game....and all the role players to play the games of their lives.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    Loki...please accept my sincere apology for my previous posts where I compared Kobe Bryant w/ Michael Jordan. It was pure ignorance and blind homerism on my part. I don't even know what I was thinking.

Watching Kobe lay a colossal egg in this series and crumble under pressure while playing like a scared rookie just made me appreciate the greatness of Michael Jordan even more. This is the SECOND STRAIGHT Finals appearance where Kobe has disappeared and this is unacceptable for someone of his talent and caliber. Not shooting well is one thing....but becoming a gutless coward on the biggest stage and playing passive basketball is another.

At this point, I don't know if I even consider Kobe an elite "FRANCHISE" player anymore.

This just goes to show that both Kobe and LeBron James (with his gutless 2007 Finals performance) will NEVER come close to sniffing Jordan's jock.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    Do people not comprehend whats going on? Kobe is seeing 3 guys everywhere he goes on the floor. Everywhere.

I'm just glad hes not forcing the issue and still running the offense. Disappointed in his shooting though.
    you my friend are stupid

you see how Pierce went through 3 Lakers enroute to a layup or FT's many times this game? why can't Kobe do that?

hes just NOT good enough

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth34
    yes, and who will win this series?

Pierce 38 points on good shooting

Kobe 25 points on ****ty shooting

tell me who the better and MORE aggressive player is? Paul to the line 19 times, Pu$$y ass Kobe has no will to get to the line

You only have 8 posts bro.....bandwagon status sustained.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Spudjjay
    dont worry, Paul Pierce will carry us to a easy game 6 win and championship banner

Default Re: Lakers Celtics Game 5 Post Game Analysis

When the game started with 4 consecutive Celtics turnovers I knew they'd have a tough time. Perkins not playing and KG in foul trouble didn't help. If any of these can change it looks good for the Celtics to close the series in game 6.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Lakers Celtics Game 5 Post Game Analysis

At the end of the day, Lakers have to look at their defense. They have to start trapping Paul Pierce, before he gets into the lane. Gotta hit the boards harder and get those critical rebounds. We gotta start putting a body on Posey late in quarters when he starts draining threes.

Kobe - needs to be more aggressive, point blank. He has to drive to the basket and if nothing is open dish the ball out to a perimeter shooter.

Speaking of perimeter shooters - Vlad, Farmar, Sasha, Odom got to start making those open jump shots point blank. They missed far too many critical shots in game 5.

Gasol- gotta keep playing hard all game. He did decent in game 5, but he gotta play harder I think. Every time he goes weak to the basket, it's trouble. He has to go hard, not weak.

Vlad - Gotta stop playing dumb and ****ing up every other possession. The guy got a ridiculous technical foul called on him, bone head move on his part. He had some horrible passes and his offense was horrible! He can't play defense for ****, he has to work on that no matter what!!

Luke Walton - no real reason for him to be in the game. Luke Walton is a horrible defender and has 0 offense. I think he made one shot, and two air balls that ended up on Mars!

Chris Mihm- never should see any PT what so ever.

Ariza- Has to step up. Better defense and offense.

Turiaf- Play better defense, and make open shots and play smarter.

Phil Jackson- gotta stop making dumb ass substitutions. When players are hot leave them in the game. When players are sucking take them out. For example he left Luke Walton in the game after two straight bone head plays. He left Vlad in the game after multiple bone head plays! Do not keep players like these two in the game when they consistently make bad decisions.

Lakers can win 2 straight in Boston no doubt. If the fix their mistakes, they have a chance to make history!

Kobe played subpar, but his ineffectiveness was not bc of his poor judgments and plays. The reason is Celtics D is swarming him and they are just plain great at team D. PLain and simple. Kobe forced a few times but overall, he did only what was readily available for him to do. Hes getting in the paint, but they swarm him and he must kick it out. He really didnt play that bad as everyone is saying, Celtics D was just impenetrable today but Lakers lucked out that Gasol/Odom played much better than previous games

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Well, at least the Kobe fans have woken up to the greatness of this Celtic defense. Before they used to be in denial. "Kobe simply shot poorly" or "Kobe simply wasn't aggressive". But NOW they know what's been stopping him all season. Plus, like I predicted a month ago when LeBron was getting hounded by LA fans, Kobe would fare little better.
    Last edited by Indian guy; 06-16-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth34
    dont worry, Paul Pierce will carry us to a easy game 6 win and championship banner

And if he doesn't and the Lakers steal the game????

All I'm saying all the pressure is on the Green side.

GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Well, at least the Kobe fans have woken up to the greatness of this Celtic defense. Before they used to be in denial. "Kobe simply shot poorly" or "Kobe simply wasn't aggressive". But NOW they know what's stopping him. Plus, like I predicted a month ago when LeBron was getting hounded by LA fans, Kobe would fare little better.
    exactly... even if they wanted to LA couldn't stop the TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Kobe played subpar, but his ineffectiveness was not bc of his poor judgments and plays. The reason is Celtics D is swarming him and they are just plain great at team D. PLain and simple. Kobe forced a few times but overall, he did only what was readily available for him to do. Hes getting in the paint, but they swarm him and he must kick it out. He really didnt play that bad as everyone is saying, Celtics D was just impenetrable today but Lakers lucked out that Gasol/Odom played much better than previous games

Thats why Lamar...Fish...Gasol...and the bench mob need to step the f*ck up.
    Play defense....get boards....HUSTLE.....and play with Passion!!!!!!!!!

It is a far stretch yes...but we can make some history!!!!!

FORCE A GAME SEVEN!!!!!!!!!! ONE GAME AT A TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET THAT MOMENTUM BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO LAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!