Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers beat Celtics to take Game 5. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
    Just got home..good game last night..I thought the Celtics were going to squeak one out but instead KG had plans to celebrate in Boston..and Rajon did also.Good win for the Lakes..Game 6 should be fun.
    Good game and def. entertaining. Should be an exciting finish in Boston. It really did seem Like KG wanted to win in Boston last night huh? But I expect a high energy and entertaining game 6

AIrules
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

WOW...great performance by Odom & Pierce...Odom deserves a lotta credit for his performance in this game....Lakes deserved to win this game...now lets see what happens in game 6...i believe its gonna go to game 7..Game 6 shall be entertaining

Pencil in Bryant and Pierce for 25 to 35...

This Series is going to be won by the rest of the players. Which team is going to play better and make plays besides they're two best players. Plain and Simple.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by lakers4ever
    Have you all failed to realize how crappy Boston has played in this series as well? This has been the worst played finals I think I have ever seen. Both teams are pathetic. Boston has been down by huge margins two games in a row. Garnett is Mr. Nobody in this series for the most part. Boston almost lost game two after being up by a huge margin in Boston. This series is not over if the Boston team doesn't get their head out of their butts for over half the game like they did in the last two games. It would make this homer Laker laugh his a $ $ off if the Lakers made history and came back and stole this series in the end with Kobe posting two 50 point games in a row. WHEN the Lakers play defense, the Celtics are just as pathetic as the Lakers have been in this series. So don't toot your horns how great the Celtics are. They have looked pretty darn pathetic to me in MAJOR STRETCHES of every game.
    this is funny a laker fan dreaming of kobe going for 50 in the next 2 games...LoL... what makes you think from watching these 5 games so far that he will go off against the best Defense in the NBA????
    wow talk about being a big homer this post made my day boston is clearly the better team with mental toughness while the lakers are a soft team... you gotta be kidding me kobe will go for 50 against this defense...LoL maybe in your dreams & kobe aswell

Serious playground baller LakerDynasty00's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vilmatic
    this is funny a laker fan dreaming of kobe going for 50 in the next 2 games...LoL... what makes you think from watching these 5 games so far that he will go off against the best Defense in the NBA????
    wow talk about being a big homer this post made my day boston is clearly the better team with mental toughness while the lakers are a soft team... you gotta be kidding me kobe will go for 50 against this defense...LoL maybe in your dreams & kobe aswell
    Yeah it is delusional thinking. Kobe hasn't been able to get to the basket or the free-throw line all series and that's because the Celtics defense has been too good at clogging the lane. All Kobe gets is long-range jumpers which are the lowest fg% shots in basketball; they also lead to transition baskets for the Celtics. If Kobe does go off for 40+ it will be because he shoots way above average from 3-point territory like he did early on in game 5, otherwise 20-25 will be the norm at under 50%. Kobe's going through the opposite of Paul Peirce. Where PP can get to the basket at will against his sub-par defenders and sub-par team defense, Kobe's facing very good single coverage and way above average team defense. There's just nothing Kobe can do outside of the heroic long-range shooting to score more unless one of two things happen:

1. The Celtics get lazy on defense like they did in game 3.
    2. The other Laker 3-point shooters get really hot and the Celtics defenders have to stop helping.

Its unlikely to happen and so I'm not expecting any great performances, just a small miracle for a Laker win in game 6.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
    Yeah it is delusional thinking. Kobe hasn't been able to get to the basket or the free-throw line all series and that's because the Celtics defense has been too good at clogging the lane. All Kobe gets is long-range jumpers which are the lowest fg% shots in basketball; they also lead to transition baskets for the Celtics. If Kobe does go off for 40+ it will be because he shoots way above average from 3-point territory like he did early on in game 5, otherwise 20-25 will be the norm at under 50%. Kobe's going through the opposite of Paul Peirce. Where PP can get to the basket at will against his sub-par defenders and sub-par team defense, Kobe's facing very good single coverage and way above average team defense. There's just nothing Kobe can do outside of the heroic long-range shooting to score more unless one of two things happen:

1. The Celtics get lazy on defense like they did in game 3.
    2. The other Laker 3-point shooters get really hot and the Celtics defenders have to stop helping.

Its unlikely to happen and so I'm not expecting any great performances, just a small miracle for a Laker win in game 6.

atleast your not a delusional laker fan like this other dude. great post by a laker fan with some sense & knowledge of the game:)

Saw a basketball once

I didn't read the whole thread, but after 3 pages, all I could think is "Loki is annoying as f*ck". Jesus christ, dude, just shut up.

Serious playground baller

Big ratings for Game 5. Over 17 million viewers. Higher than any other game this series by far.

Not to be too conspiracy theorist, but look for the Lakers to have the officiating advantage in Game 6. The NBA wants this to go seven games. Kobe, Phil and co. should recognize this possibility, and be as aggressive as possible from the outset. They'll get the calls.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by rs98762001
    Big ratings for Game 5. Over 17 million viewers. Higher than any other game this series by far.

Not to be too conspiracy theorist, but look for the Lakers to have the officiating advantage in Game 6. The NBA wants this to go seven games. Kobe, Phil and co. should recognize this possibility, and be as aggressive as possible from the outset. They'll get the calls.
    i'm calling shenanigans, it's over tuesday night

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magubbi
    I didn't read the whole thread, but after 3 pages, all I could think is "Loki is annoying as f*ck". Jesus christ, dude, just shut up.
    Well, Mr. 13 posts, you're very special.

Saw a basketball once LakersNation562's Avatar

i really dont know whats going on with this laker team. they played terrific basketball in the 3 series they've won up until leading to the finals. i dont want to take anything away from boston and they are arguably the best defensive team in the league. but the lakers.....theyre playing like scared little *****es!!!! the whole team. maybe it is some sort of mental blockage this team is having? they've allowed the celtics defense to get into their heads to the point where theyre just delusional. they dont believe they can beat the celtics or something. NO ONE on this lakers team has played the way they normally play which is quite baffling. theyre giving the celtics defense tooooo much credit.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Truth34
    yes, and who will win this series?

Pierce 38 points on good shooting

Kobe 25 points on ****ty shooting

tell me who the better and MORE aggressive player is? Paul to the line 19 times, Pu$$y ass Kobe has no will to get to the line
    Pierce 10 -22
    Bryant 8 -21

BIG DIFFERENCE
    2 whole shots.

Banned

IF the Lakers can't win ONE game on the road, they don't deserve to win the championship. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon
    IF the Lakers can't win ONE game on the road, they don't deserve to win the championship. Simple as that.
    Well they are done if they dont win on the road so I guess your point holds bearing

Not airballing my layups anymore

Sasha needs to hit 50 percent of his shots for the Lakers to even have a chance.