Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by Misconceptn
    Ron Artest>Lamar Odumb (impressed me for one quarter )

Ron Artest can create his own shot and shoot the outside shot.
    With Artest this series would easily be a win for LA. Artest has shown he can fk up Pierce. (Pulled his shorts down )
    Artest is making about the same amount as Kwame Brown
    Artest is a headcase so its a 50/50. Marion would be a nice fit, athletic, can slash to the basket, rebound, shoot the mid-range with consistency, quick, but wants a big raise.
    Wont be surprise if they kept Odom either and see how everything pans out once bynum gets back.

Good High School Starter

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    So you really think Andrew "Shrek" Bynum can save LA, huh?
    why are people so retarded? They act like this Laker team reaching the Finals in the toughest western conference race ever was some kind of accident. Who gives a **** if they lose? No one picked them to finish above 7th in the west. Winning it and going thru the defending champs to get to the finals is damn impressive. Boston has played together ALL YEAR, this Lakers team hasnt.

Of course Bynum wont save LA alone, but you throw an athletic 7 foot center (not a PF playing C) who was averaging 15/10 and 4 blks a game to what they already have and its a no brainer there really isnt a team who will stop them. Boston wouldnt be able to do half of what they are doing in the finals with Bynum in the paint. This is still a young team no one expected much from. I am more than happy to get to the Finals this year. Next 4-5 years will be owned by the Lakers so Boston can have their fun now and enjoy it while it lasts

High School Starter lxlHoTsAuSelxl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 211269
    why are people so retarded? They act like this Laker team reaching the Finals in the toughest western conference race ever was some kind of accident. Who gives a **** if they lose? No one picked them to finish above 7th in the west. Winning it and going thru the defending champs to get to the finals is damn impressive. Boston has played together ALL YEAR, this Lakers team hasnt.

Of course Bynum wont save LA alone, but you throw an athletic 7 foot center (not a PF playing C) who was averaging 15/10 and 4 blks a game to what they already have and its a no brainer there really isnt a team who will stop them. Boston wouldnt be able to do half of what they are doing in the finals with Bynum in the paint. This is still a young team no one expected much from. I am more than happy to get to the Finals this year. Next 4-5 years will be owned by the Lakers so Boston can have their fun now and enjoy it while it lasts

People will just say, he got owned by perkins during the regular season .

Besides the fact the Lakers are down 3-1 i did expect them to take the west but not the title this year, somehow I just felt like noway can it be a cinderella story dream come true. But next year you can book it, will not take anything less then a championship. Admit it laker fans, from the start of the season who would of thought, just be happy Lakers actually took it this far.

Saw a basketball once LakersNation562's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 211269

lakers didnt play all year? oh so i guess odom,vujacic,walton,farmar,fisher,turiaf,etc. all got traded to the lakers midway through the season? please, the only players that were not on the lakers team from the beginning was gasol and ariza. okay so bynum was injured also but other than that, this lakers team has been together longer than this celtics team. KG and ray allen's first year with the celtics. rondo, only his second year, same as powe. oh dont forget they got 38 year old pj brown late in the season and 37 year old sam cassell as well.

its the structure of the team that needs some remodeling and upgrading. like maybe hire a better defensive coordinator like how the celtics did it. get some athletic and physical guys on the team too.

Saw a basketball once

Good job Celtics tonight...

Kobe Bryant needs to be more confident and just keeping sprinting to the hoop, he should feel them out during that moment in a play. I think he would do better that way than observing on the bench or anywhere else within the court. I think the best way to learn about an opponent is in your own position on the team. If he needs to work on his offense or defense, work on that and that only during the game and come up with stragedy. I would do that from Game 1, wouldnt worry about points since there are more games. If you're not working, get the hell out of there. Doc was smart to switch players who didn't work.
    Last edited by Bounce; 06-13-2008 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersNation562
    i was willing to forget about this heartbreaking loss but as soon as i learned that the celtics had just set the record for overcoming the largest deficit in nba finals history and winning the game also, i became physically ill. i realize that this celtics victory/lakers defeat is much much much bigger than anything ever before and now i feel sick. migraine headache.
    Don't feel too bad.. i felt that it was Phil Jackson who didn't call a time out when Peirce cut the deficit down to 10 in the 3rd. Phil Jackson did a poor coaching job last nite not realizing the comeback before it was too late. If it makes u feel better... no team has ever won the Championship down 3-1... so if the Lakers upset the Celtics [in my dreams...] it'll be the greatest upset in NBA Finals history. realistically, Celtics might take it 4-2.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wow, just checked the box score. Ray Allen never sat once during the whole game, and ends up with what would be the "game winner". Very impressive.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by LakersNation562
    i was willing to forget about this heartbreaking loss but as soon as i learned that the celtics had just set the record for overcoming the largest deficit in nba finals history and winning the game also, i became physically ill. i realize that this celtics victory/lakers defeat is much much much bigger than anything ever before and now i feel sick. migraine headache.
    All that after having the largest lead after the first Q in finals history. Game of records tonight.

Value Ape.

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    I put a curse on the Lakers the day after they stole Pau Gasol, damning them to never win another NBA Championship. "Never" is a very long time, so I'll accept it if they simply fail to win one with Pau Gasol. And I like to think that my curse had a little to do with the Lakers choking tonight.

Seriously, I don't much like the Celtics or their fans, but good GOD in heaven are they ever the lesser of two evils!!! Lakers fans, YOU ARE MORONS. THINK BEFORE YOU POST STUPID, DELUSIONAL, JINGOISTIC ****. And the Lakers franchise is just despicable, taking the franchise player of a struggling team and giving them Kwame Brown and filler in return. Sure, the Grizzlies were idiots to agree, but sweet Jesus, how do you even make that offer??? The Grizzlies are ****ed forever!!! I believe that the agony you have suffered tonight at the hands of the Celtics, who made FAIR TRADES to build their team, is a form karmic justice.
    Wow. Do not like beantown fans, like laker fans even less. Who is jingoistic?

where is the "KOBE IS A MUTHER****ING *****" thread that everyone was posting in? that had all the good stuff in it, wasnt it about 10 pages in like 1 hour......

where is it?

it hasnt been merged.

that had truely great stuff in it terrific all the laker fans turning on kobe it was great, where did it go

anyone?

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    thats gotta be the signature moment for the boston celtics if they win teh chip.....

thats just reallly reallly a great play

That was just a sick reverse by Ray

He adjusted the balli about 3 times in the air before laying it in.

All I can say is, is wow! I went to work last night and the Lakers were in control. Up by 20-24 points. I figure that I would come home and talk about a 2-2 series.

It seemed that in the 2nd half of the game, the Lakers did not attack as much inside the paint. Plus, the Lakers let the Celtics out hustle them on every play in the 2nd half. That 3rd quarter was all Celtics. They controlled everything; passing, scoring, defense, rebounding, it was just unreal.

Well, we will see how the Lakers respond Sunday. It aint over, but it is getting close. Come on, Lakers!!!

It's 6am here in L.A. and I can't sleep. That was one of the coolest things I've ever seen.To watch L.A. and Kobe choke like that........

I couldn't of asked for anything better. Watching my Laker loving friends have to sit down and shut their fcuking faces after all the nonsense they were spewing at the end of the first quarter was very satisfying.

The Celtics just took their heart!!!! They took their manhood!!! And they did it at their own house! I wish I could of seen a picture of smug a$$ Will Smith after the game was over.

Celtics were getting raped like Ving Rhames in Pulp Fiction till Bruce Willis aka Paul Pierce came in the the samurai sword and Ving aka Ray Allen followed up with the shotgun blast. Celtics went medieval on their a$$!!!!!!!

This has to be the best day in Laker Hater history.

I'm putting the over/under of Laker flags I see to day at 5.

Wow what a game last night, I dont even know why I saw the whole thing, but I did. The Lakers killed Boston in the first half and then just fell asleep. Kobe and Pierce had a duel of a lifetime in the 3rd quarter and then Lakers just couldnt get it going at all while Boston played much better, balanced basketball...credit goes to the veterans on Boston's team which kept it together magnificently.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crisoner
    Ummmm...he looks nothing like Shrek.
    Are your other 51 posts this dumb?

If so...please stop posting.
    I think they have very similar foreheads and jawbones!