Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by 3stat2
    The Lakers of all people should know it's not impossible to come back after being down 3-1 :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylV_2mT7BE
    It's never been done in the Finals. Zero precedent. I know you were joking, just saying.

Default Re: Celtics win Game 4 to take a 3-1 series lead. Post-game discussion here

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    thats gotta be the signature moment for the boston celtics if they win teh chip.....

thats just reallly reallly a great play

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan82
    i find the argument illogical, as he was able to win 3 games WITH them at the same positions, but the 4th wasn't possible because of same 2 guys? did they not play in those 3 games or are they just just as an argument because of the loss?

it's a matter of putting the ball in your best player's hands and getting it done, he had 3 chances and couldn't seal the deal
    we'll see on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    that's my MAN,rayray finals MVP

I put a curse on the Lakers the day after they stole Pau Gasol, damning them to never win another NBA Championship. "Never" is a very long time, so I'll accept it if they simply fail to win one with Pau Gasol. And I like to think that my curse had a little to do with the Lakers choking tonight.

Seriously, I don't much like the Celtics or their fans, but good GOD in heaven are they ever the lesser of two evils!!! Lakers fans, YOU ARE MORONS. THINK BEFORE YOU POST STUPID, DELUSIONAL, JINGOISTIC ****. And the Lakers franchise is just despicable, taking the franchise player of a struggling team and giving them Kwame Brown and filler in return. Sure, the Grizzlies were idiots to agree, but sweet Jesus, how do you even make that offer??? The Grizzlies are ****ed forever!!! I believe that the agony you have suffered tonight at the hands of the Celtics, who made FAIR TRADES to build their team, is a form karmic justice.

Decent playground baller

I think Chick Hearn put a curse on the Lakers after he died in 2002. Since Hearn died in 2002, the Lakers haven't been able to win a championship.

Decent playground baller

After watching this game, I think I remembered watching a type of game like this before. Oh thats right. Game 1 WCF Spurs vs. Lakers. Spurs with the 20 point lead with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. What do the Spurs do? Choke. Lakers with a 18 point lead with 5:50 to go in the 3rd quarter. What do they do? Well, you know the answer. Looks like the Lakers took a page out of the San Antonio Spurs' Chokebook.
    Last edited by LoPro4u2c; 06-13-2008 at 02:43 AM.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

I still cannot get over this L. I'm not coming back for a while LA had this won and choked.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    I put a curse on the Lakers the day after they stole Pau Gasol, damning them to never win another NBA Championship. "Never" is a very long time, so I'll accept it if they simply fail to win one with Pau Gasol. And I like to think that my curse had a little to do with the Lakers choking tonight.
    REALLY? So you mean it was you that was responsible for the Lakers choking? You're one dumb, delusional mother****er.

Banned

The Laker loss overshadowed a truly momentous Laker event: Lamar Odom did not get called for an offensive foul in the 4th quarter.

Prior to this game, Odom was whistled for a charge in the 4th quarters of each of the previous 92 games.
    Last edited by Loki; 06-13-2008 at 03:10 AM.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    i dont think me can get much for odom. i say keep him unless we can get a steal. he'll be the 4th option next year. he'll relish in that position.
    Another steal? Memphis has nothing to offer anymore

Saw a basketball once LakersNation562's Avatar

it took a whoooooole lot of mental focus and toughness to win this game by the celtics. they really showed that they are a far more superior team than the lakers and any other team in the league for that matter. they went through some adversities in this series with paul pierce injuring himself, then perkins, then rondo and then perkins again. but that didnt seemed to faze them at all. being down 24 in LA did not have any negative affect on their game. gotta give doc rivers some credit for this. he kept his team motivated and staying positive. playing that kind of defense isnt easy at all. everyone talks about their defense, but they've executed their offense quite well against the lakers. its all about having patience and being focused mentally. the celtics are a very determined and focused team.

as for the lakers, the team overall lack the mental focus and toughness that this celtics team obviously has. they completely lost track of what they were hoping to accomplish. cant afford to be laxed in a crucial game 4 no matter how big of a lead you've developed, against a team that is well capable of taking control of the game by their sheer determination, patience and focused attention.

Saw a basketball once LakersNation562's Avatar

i was willing to forget about this heartbreaking loss but as soon as i learned that the celtics had just set the record for overcoming the largest deficit in nba finals history and winning the game also, i became physically ill. i realize that this celtics victory/lakers defeat is much much much bigger than anything ever before and now i feel sick. migraine headache.

Local High School Star Shaquille O'Neal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    Don't get carried away. I dislike Kobe as much as anyone, but there's almost no question that LA is going to win two or more rings over the next 4-5 seasons.

So you really think Andrew "Shrek" Bynum can save LA, huh?

Last edited by Shaquille O'Neal; 06-13-2008 at 03:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
    So you really think Andrew "Shrek" Bynum can save LA, huh?

Ummmm...he looks nothing like Shrek.
    Are your other 51 posts this dumb?

If so...please stop posting.