Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Big East Fan Thread

I'm really interested in seeing Yancy Gates. Kind of looks like he'll fit right into that Jason Maxiell/Kenyon Martin Cincinatti type.

Mike Brey Agrees to 2 Year Extension

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...RE50gD91P92500

[QUOTE]SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP)

Anyone have an update on the Stanley Robinson situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Anyone have an update on the Stanley Robinson situation?

This is the most recent thing I could find. I guess that dunk Joe put on him is really taking a toll. lol

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...eaving_storrs/

[QUOTE]STORRS, Conn.

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    This is the most recent thing I could find. I guess that dunk Joe put on him is really taking a toll. lol

http://www.boston.com/sports/college...eaving_storrs/
    hopefully ater majok can step in

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    hopefully ater majok can step in

I was really hopin he'd choose the gold n blue. Will he get significant minutes this year?

Quote Originally Posted by d_white089
    I was really hopin he'd choose the gold n blue. Will he get significant minutes this year?
    I would think so. They really lacked big guys besides the ones in their starting lineup.

Big East Player of the Year: Terrebce Williams, LOU

Big East Coach of the Year: Rick Pitino, LOU

Big East Freshman of the Year: Samardo Samuels, LOU

Big East Defensive Player of the Year: TWILL, 502

Big East Most Improved Player: Derrick Carachter, LOU

Big East Sixth Man (new last year): Edgar Sosa, lou

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40

So I'm guessing you're either a WVU or Kentucky fan?

Quote Originally Posted by DinoRadja40

If caracter stays at louisville, he's probably redshirting

Pitt lands #23 recruit Dante Taylor

Football News - Ranking the Big East Quarterbacks

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/bigeast/0...rterbacks.html

1. Pat White, West Virginia: The senior had 3,059 total yards of offense in 2007, but new coach Bill Stewart doesn't want his quarterback running the football 197 times this year. White will throw the football more often in 2008. Can he do it effectively?

2. Hunter Cantwell, Louisville: Cardinals coach Steve Kragthorpe and his predecessor, current Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino, are convinced Cantwell has an NFL-type body and arm. The senior started only four games in place of injured Brian Brohm the last three seasons, but he was effective when given an opportunity. Cantwell won't have top wideouts Mario Urrutia, Harry Douglas and Gary Barnidge.

3. Matt Grothe, South Florida: The junior improved in each of the last two seasons, leading the Bulls wiwth 872 rushing yards and 2,670 passing yards last season. With another big season, he might have the Bulls poised to win the Big East.

4. Mike Teel, Rutgers: The senior quietly put together one of the best seasons in the Big East last year, throwing for 3,147 yards (second-best in Rutgers history) in only nine games. With last season's thumb injury behind him, Teel leads what might end up being the Big East's best passing attack. Will he be as effective without defenses keying on tailback Ray Rice nearly every down?

5. Andrew Robinson, Syracuse: Robinson threw for 2,192 yards last season, as the Orange attempted and completed more passes than any other team in school history. But unless Delone Carter or Averin Collier can return from injuries, defenses will continue to tee off on Robinson, who was sacked a whopping 54 times last season. The loss of top wideout Mike Williams also hurts.

6. Bill Stull, Pittsburgh: Panthers coach Dave Wannstedt expects big things from Stull, who started last season's opener before a thumb injury sidelined him for the rest of the 2007 season. Stull doesn't have to be spectacular; just good enough to keep defenses honest as they try to slow down tailbacks LeSean McCoy and LaRod Stephens-Howling.

7. Tyler Lorenzen, Connecticut: The Huskies will try to get more from their passing game after ranking only 97th in the country in passing last season. Coach Randy Edsall leans heavily on his running game, but Lorenzen was pretty effective throwing the football when given a chance. He won't beat you with his arm strength, but he's an accurate passer and doesn't throw many interceptions (only six in 347 pass attempts). Don't expect Edsall to open up his passing game in 2008 -- top returning receiver Terence Jeffers transferred to Vanderbilt.

8. Dustin Grutza, Cincinnati: The Bearcats hoped to have Wake Forest transfer Ben Mauk for one more year, but his chances of a sixth year of eligibility from the NCAA seem very slim at best (the NCAA has turned down multiple appeals). Grutza started 21 games before Mauk arrived on campus, and coach Brian Kelly hopes he'll be more poised the second time. If Grutza can't hold the job, Notre Dame transfer Demetrius Jones and redshirt freshman Chazz Anderson are ready to go.

PITTSBURGH -- Two West Virginia University basketball players were charged with scuffling with police and underage drinking after a fight at a Pittsburgh Pirates game.

Joe Mazzulla and Cameron Thoroughman were arrested Monday at PNC Park, where the Pirates were playing the Colorado Rockies. The two were in custody and awaiting arraignment Tuesday.

"We will let the judicial process take its course and the matter will be handled internally," West Virginia coach Bob Huggins said.

Mazzulla, a 6-foot-2 junior from Johnston, R.I., was charged with aggravated assault, hindering apprehension and underage drinking. Thoroughman, a 6-foot-7 sophomore from Portsmouth, Ohio, was charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and underage drinking.

The school's athletic department said it would have a statement later Tuesday.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3509577

Saw a basketball once

I'm interested to see how this plays out, and really hope they are not suspended for too long. I don't really care about WV, but I don't want to take away from this stacked conference.

Come on now, they're 20, who doesn't drink when they're 20? I say a one game suspension, and probation. At least they weren't stealing laptops.

They should know better than to do this in a rival's territory. Next time, get drunk and start fights in West Virginia, then we probably wouldn't be hearing about this.