Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    Is this still going?
    [COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, we just need someone to pick for Nawlins. Are you willing?[/COLOR]

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    [COLOR="Blue"]Yeah, we just need someone to pick for Nawlins. Are you willing?[/COLOR]
    New Orleans select Roy Hibbert.

He would be an upgrade over Melvin Ely and Armstrong imo.
    Last edited by Mr_Basketball#1; 06-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Brandon Rush is the steal of this mock by far.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Brandon Rush is the steal of this mock by far.
    CDR>>>>>>>Rush

[COLOR="Blue"]The second round is up in the OP just in case we take it there.[/COLOR]

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
    CDR>>>>>>>Rush
    I disagree.

McCants is Available!!

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    I disagree.
    Rush is the better shooter, but CDR is more versatile.

Good High School Starter

Rush is such a great fit for SA. I think CDR is a better fit for Houston, but Rush may be the better player, and certainly fits SA perfectly. They like defense and shooting. That is what Rush does. Playing with Parker and Duncan will really open things up for him. Should either be a future starter or 6th man for them. Plus he will help them right away.

I think Hibbert for NO is a solid pick. He will provide maybe 20-25 minutes off the bench where they will have a legit post scorer. Hibbert is a steal this late. I don't love him, but he is going to be big and score down low. NO will like that behind Chandler who is more of the defense/rebounding type.

With the Grizzlies up next, I think they need to either look for a PF to play next to Lopez, or a SG/SF to play next to Gay. With Robin Lopez still on the board, I think the twins could make a nice duo. If they don't think Brook can play PF, then Serge Ibaka and JJ Hickson both have a ton of potential and would fit nicely on a team that may look to run.

Serious playground baller disco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    Rush is such a great fit for SA. I think CDR is a better fit for Houston, but Rush may be the better player, and certainly fits SA perfectly. They like defense and shooting. That is what Rush does. Playing with Parker and Duncan will really open things up for him. Should either be a future starter or 6th man for them. Plus he will help them right away.

I think Hibbert for NO is a solid pick. He will provide maybe 20-25 minutes off the bench where they will have a legit post scorer. Hibbert is a steal this late. I don't love him, but he is going to be big and score down low. NO will like that behind Chandler who is more of the defense/rebounding type.

With the Grizzlies up next, I think they need to either look for a PF to play next to Lopez, or a SG/SF to play next to Gay. With Robin Lopez still on the board, I think the twins could make a nice duo. If they don't think Brook can play PF, then Serge Ibaka and JJ Hickson both have a ton of potential and would fit nicely on a team that may look to run.
    I actually have all CDR, Rush and Hibbert as lottery picks in my mock. It's probably just me overrating them, but I can't help it. I think Hibbert is much better than the Hoyas system made him look like. Obviosuly he's slow in terms of running the floor, but he has good footwork and nice moves. He was able to drive past people in college! He has good basketball IQ and he makes good decisions, he has good jump hook and he can shoot with both hands. He doesn't look aggressive, but he more than held his own everytime he played against other big center last 2 years (Oden, Grey etc). And he is tall, really tall! Oden looked tiny when they met in last year's final four.

I think Rush has pretty much complete game. Had he played for a weaker team or if he were more selfish, he would be higher in mocks. He didn't drive enough in college, but that doesn't mean he can't. He has a quick first step and good body control and good touch around the basket.

Local High School Star

The Spurs select Brandon Rush. He brings much needed youth and athleticism to their aging corps of swing men. He has the maturity to play in the Popovich system, and can be sent down to Austin till he is truly ready to play.
    My bad, everyone, I haven't been on ISH in forever, thanks for Rush though Dasher he'll give the Spurs another shooter which they need. Awesome pick.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

The Memphis Grizzlies select JJ Hickson.

I was considering drafting the other Lopez but I feel Hickson is better. Griz already got 1 Lopez. Hickson is a good rebounder with good strength. I feel like Robin Lopez is overrated a little because of his brother Brook.

Conley/Lowry
    Miller
    Gay
    Warrick/Hickson
    Lopez

NBA sixth man of the year

Good call.

Hickson has more potential than either Lopez twin, IMO.

Good High School Starter

With the 29th pick, the Detroit Pistons select Robin Lopez.

This team needs youth and this team needs size. I think they need post scoring, and while Lopez doesn't provide that, he is by far the best player on the board. Lawson and Chalmers have to be looked at, but they are set with Stuckey. DJ White also gets a really long look, but I think he is a bit undersized and they already have Maxiell. Jason Thompson is probably the #2 guy on my list at this point for the Pistons, but in the end, I think Lopez can be at least a 25-30 minute guy for them, whether off the bench or starting.

[COLOR="Blue"]How long should we give UConnCeltics? He can't be PMed.[/COLOR]

NBA sixth man of the year

[COLOR="Blue"]How long should we give UConnCeltics? He can't be PMed.[/COLOR]
    Oh well, we tried.

Someone pick for him.