Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Channing Frye's value

Quote Originally Posted by starface
    "great" is a bit strong.

consistent/respectable is probably more apt.
    Well for a rookie that is pretty good which is what I'm saying. Didn't he hit a game winner too? I can't seem to find it on youtube. Frye will probably never be a great player but he will be solid. He is too skinny and has no past game. I wouldn't brag about Turiaf or say he was better. Turiaf is a scrub. He is a super athletic Mark Madsen.

Channing Frye's value = sh*t

So nobody really wants him? Frye would be looking like he did back in NY in Charlotte beside Emeka in the frontcourt. I know him and Coach Brown didn't have the best relationship, but he did play his best ball under Brown, maybe a reunion could do them some good. As I said we'd gladly deal our 2nd rounder and Dudley for him, or would swap picks and give them the 9th pick for Frye and the 13th. With that deal and drafting another young big with the Blazers pick (my targets would be Speights, Randolph or Love in that order) we would head in the off-season set.

Felton/?
    J Rich/Carrol
    Wallace/Morrison
    Frye/Speights or Randolph or Love
    Okafor/Mohammed
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 05-23-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    So nobody really wants him? Frye would be looking like he did back in NY in Charlotte beside Emeka in the frontcourt. I know him and Coach Brown didn't have the best relationship, but he did play his best ball under Brown, maybe a reunion could do them some good. As I said we'd gladly deal our 2nd rounder and Dudley for him, or would swap picks and give them the 9th pick for Frye and the 13th. With that deal and drafting another young big with the Blazers pick (my targets would be Speights, Randolph or Love in that order) we would head in the off-season set.

Felton/?
    J Rich/Carrol
    Wallace/Morrison
    Frye/Speights or Randolph or Love
    Okafor/Mohammed

The Blazer's also have a plethora of back-up PG's on the roster.. you guys should try to nab Blake, Jack or Sergio while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    The Blazer's also have a plethora of back-up PG's on the roster.. you guys should try to nab Blake, Jack or Sergio while you're at it.
    Would be nice, I'd love to get our hands on Sergio but would settle for a Blake or Jack because they'd fit as "Brown guys". If they threw one of those young points in we'd give them Dudley to make the entire deal the 9th pick and Dudley for the 13th, Frye and one of those point guards.

Note - I swear one of these NBA teams need to hire me to work in there front office. Not saying all the deals I propose would work but a lot of teams it seems teams don't even try to make all the deals they could to improve. I don't get that at all.

Local High School Star mrhoopfan's Avatar

Having played at Arizona and being a very good jumpshooter for a big, I see him fitting in perfectly with my Suns as the first big off the bench. He can play pf with Shaq and center with him and Amare..Phoenix has gotta look into this since Kevin Love, the man I want them to draft probably won't fall that low.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    I really don't think so. Both guys are bench players. What Turiaf brings is much more valuable than Fryes. Turiaf brings intense D, and is a good finisher at the rim. I think Turiafs offense outweighs Fryes jumper. When Turiaf comes in, you know he will bring the D, and he has a knack for offensive boards. I prefer a guy like that at least on the Lakers because Gasol is finesse and Turiaf is toughness. Brings a good element when he goes in for Gasol.
    still don't think the Blazers wants Turiaf when they have Przybilla who play good interior defense. Good offensive player coming off the bench is very important. Have you seen the Cavs with James on the bench? no one can score and the momentum completely shifts to the other team...

i would love Frye in Indy. I would trade Harison and a 2nd rounder for him.

Quote Originally Posted by laview
    still don't think the Blazers wants Turiaf when they have Przybilla who play good interior defense. Good offensive player coming off the bench is very important. Have you seen the Cavs with James on the bench? no one can score and the momentum completely shifts to the other team...
    Yea i guess it depends on team needs. Cavs dont have much offense in the post so having Frye probably would be vetter bc they already have wallace and varejao. But on a team like the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets...I think Turiaf fits better bc they have offensive big men

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    Yea i guess it depends on team needs. Cavs dont have much offense in the post so having Frye probably would be vetter bc they already have wallace and varejao. But on a team like the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets...I think Turiaf fits better bc they have offensive big men
    I am surprised...I think most lakers fans would not mind trading Turiaf for Frye straight up...

I am surprised...I think most lakers fans would not mind trading Turiaf for Frye straight up...

Nah. Turiaf is a better compliment to Pau and Odom than Frye, who basically brings the same thing in a scaled down version. Next year when Bynum gets back though, they'd probably prefer Frye. Still doesn't change the fact that Frye is the better player though.

I think Turiaf is a better compliment to replace Gasol bc he is much different and Frye's game is similar to Gasol in the sense he is a finesse player. You get Gasols offensive finesse then you get Turiafs defensive toughness. I just like that combo

Would be nice, I'd love to get our hands on Sergio but would settle for a Blake or Jack because they'd fit as "Brown guys". If they threw one of those young points in we'd give them Dudley to make the entire deal the 9th pick and Dudley for the 13th, Frye and one of those point guards.

Note - I swear one of these NBA teams need to hire me to work in there front office. Not saying all the deals I propose would work but a lot of teams it seems teams don't even try to make all the deals they could to improve. I don't get that at all.
    I don't know why Portland would want to move up all of 4 spots in a pretty deep draft if it costs them Frye and a PG. Other than picks 1 & 2, the rest of the lottery has pretty even value IMO. Charlotte would have to either take some salary off their hands (Blake has the worst contract) or offer more than Dudley IMO.

Maybe

Blake
    Frye

for

Dudley
    S.May/Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckOakley
    I don't know why Portland would want to move up all of 4 spots in a pretty deep draft if it costs them Frye and a PG. Other than picks 1 & 2, the rest of the lottery has pretty even value IMO. Charlotte would have to either take some salary off their hands (Blake has the worst contract) or offer more than Dudley IMO.

Maybe

Blake
    Frye

for

Dudley
    S.May/Morrison

If they value May or Morrison they can have them. We don't really want them any more here in Charlotte.

If they value May or Morrison they can have them. We don't really want them any more here in Charlotte.
    I'm sure they'd like Morrisson... a SF with shooting range who went to school in the Northwest.

Wow.. the thought of Portland's line-up.....

Westbrook / Blake / Rodriguez
    Roy / Fernandez
    Outlaw / Morrison / Webster
    Aldridge / Dudley / McRoberts
    Oden / Pryzbilla / LaFrentz

They really wouldn't even need to trade for a PG considering they could draft one and have 5 players with PG skills.
    Last edited by ChuckOakley; 05-23-2008 at 03:52 PM.