Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: If Your Girlfriend Asked You To Stop Drinking...

Well i dont drink so yes....yes i would stop drinking

Local High School Star CakeorDeath's Avatar

Please refer to the last line of the film "Half Baked." Replace the word "weed" with whatever vice is the subject of the argument.

Dunking on everybody in the park barne100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    I'm not really surprised at how much they/we do it, i'm more shocked at how high a priority people make it. I've seen people leave their friends hanging to go drink with someone, I've seen people fail tests because they wanted to go drink, and now here you see people who might leave their boyfriend because they want them to stop drinking. People act like it's the greatest thing in the world
    wait it isnt?

if it's a guy asking a girl to stop drinking its because she probably becomes a whore when shes drunk...

if it's a girl asking a guy to stop drinkings its probably because he starts fights when hes drunk..

as for me i dont start fights. tis why i love booze.

Dunking on everybody in the park barne100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KempSonics
    I don't understand why people drink so much anyways? Seems like the only thing people do these days is drink. Especially high school, college kids and the young adults. It's all they talk about.
    drinking is the number 1 social activity in the world.

come on man.

if you don't drink you better be damn good at golf.

No.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    could be cuz she acts like a slut when shes drunk which would be very understandable
    thats probably it.

-primetime-
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by barne100
    wait it isnt?

if it's a guy asking a girl to stop drinking its because she probably becomes a whore when shes drunk...

if it's a girl asking a guy to stop drinkings its probably because he starts fights when hes drunk..

as for me i dont start fights. tis why i love booze.
    from what I have experienced there are basically 3 different kinds of drunks. (men only)

1. The "I am smarter than you" drunk....when this guy gets some drinks in him the suddenly he knows EVERYTHING about every subject that is brought up. Anything you bring up he will have his facts on the subject and tell you that your thoughts about it are wrong.

2. The angry drunk....this is the WORST kind of drunk there is and when he does get drunk you do not want to be around him because there is a 50% chance that a fight is going to break out. It doesn't matter if the guy is only 5 foot 6 and 100 lbs...he still thinks he could kick anyone's ass in the UFC and he wants to prove it to anyone that even looks his direction for one second.

3. The normal drunk....this is the best kind of drunk to be. Sure he will slurr his words and make goofy comments. But for the most part he is just laughing with his freinds and trying to enjoy himself as much as he can. You should be happy if you are a drinker and this is you.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    from what I have experienced there are basically 3 different kinds of drunks. (men only)

1. The "I am smarter than you" drunk....when this guy gets some drinks in him the suddenly he knows EVERYTHING about every subject that is brought up. Anything you bring up he will have his facts on the subject and tell you that your thoughts about it are wrong.

2. The angry drunk....this is the WORST kind of drunk there is and when he does get drunk you do not want to be around him because there is a 50% chance that a fight is going to break out. It doesn't matter if the guy is only 5 foot 6 and 100 lbs...he still thinks he could kick anyone's ass in the UFC and he wants to prove it to anyone that even looks his direction for one second.

3. The normal drunk....this is the best kind of drunk to be. Sure he will slurr his words and make goofy comments. But for the most part he is just laughing with his freinds and trying to enjoy himself as much as he can. You should be happy if you are a drinker and this is you.
    First one iz a new to me and alas it's been delivered by the biggest violater of it. EVER! There must be a gawd.

Anywayz; I would recommend you take small steps; and go moderation, first. Simply put you can't fall under her control immediately; because natural human greed/control demandz more. First it would be no alcohol, then no sportscenter, then ribbed condomz, and finally CURFEW! Nevertheless, if you're seriously hurting anybody around you physically/emotionally etc.; THEN LAY OFF DA BOOZE.

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    First one iz a new to me and alas it's been delivered by the biggest violater of it. EVER! There must be a gawd.
    honestly I think as far as ISH goes I am a violater of all 3...

1. yes I have been drunk and acted to be "mr. know-it-all".

2. yes I have been drunk and started smak wars with poters here and called them out for no reason what so ever.

3. yes I have been drunk on here and just posted a simple music video from youtube in an effort to just have fun.

so as far as ISH goes when i am drunk I am a big combo meal...

I know everything SHEED_ gangsta's Avatar

I ****in hate ppl that complelty change when they drink. so annoying

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta

Hellbound

I'd make myself a drink, take a sip, slap her, and say, "That wasn't the alcohol that made me slap you with a handful of baby powder, it was just the fact that you would ask something that stupid. That's like me asking you to stop menstruating."

-primetime-

Quote Originally Posted by SHEED_ gangsta
    You know someone that doesn't change when they are drunk?

If so then that person his some serious skills...

and as far as the "annoying" part goes....when you are sober then ALL drunk people are annoying as hell. the only time a drunk person isn't annoying is when you are drinking with them....then you are both having alot of fun...but annoying to everyone else...unless they are drinking too...

that is why I don't think I could ever go to a bar or club and not drink....watching all my freinds and everyone else laughing at stupid sh*t and acting a fool would drive me insane...

and I have been sober around my freinds when they are drunk...it is annoying as hell and not a fun time at all.

Local High School Star hwliuLAP's Avatar

I usually just try and have a talk over it.

I used to smoke a lot of pot, as it was free for me (good to have friends) and I would do it about 3 times day and at least 5 days a week. After meeting my girl friend, at first I toned down, then I actually tried to stop since I saw an increase in my grade and memory once I stopped smoking.
    But now, I just do it in moderation(school is out), and she doesn't have too big of a problem with it.
    Same goes with drinking, I drank from everyday till just the weekends now or the occasional beer with meal, and it feels great to be sober a lot more than before.

I looked at it as she was looking out for me, and adjusting and talking to her through a long period of time, we somewhat found our happy balance where as B-Low said, it's about sacrifice from the both end.

IMO, if you want a relationship to work, you should be able to talk everything out as long as it is based on good intentions.

NBA sixth man of the year

At this point in my life, I would stop drinking for my girlfriend. But as others have said, you really need to stop for yourself or you're just wasting your time.

I just turned 25 on Saturday and I feel I've gone just about everywhere I need to go with drinking. It just leads to stupid shit, it seems.