Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Default Re: If Your Girlfriend Asked You To Stop Drinking...

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    would you stop?

Me and my friend are havin this discussion right now because her boyfriend said he doesn't like how she acts when she's drunk and he asked her not to drink anymore. She's flipping out saying that she would never ask him to change who he is blah blah blah. But I was telling her, drinking isn't a personality trait it's just something people do, so asking someone not to drink isn't trying to change THEM it's asking them to make a sacrifice, and relationships are largely about sacrifice/compromise.

To me it's not that big of a deal to give it up. I mean yeah it's fun but if it was upsetting someone i love that much then of course I'd give it up because when you weigh the priorities then the person comes waaay before the alcohol.

Just wanted some other opinions.

I agree on trying to cope with things that someone does....I dont agree with completely discontinuing something just for a relationship.....in a relationship you are liking them for who they are and what they do coming into the situation.....now if you ask a person to slow down on drinking...thats another thing...but to stop and try to change somebody thats going too far...

I remember I did something in a relationship just compromise...and it made me feel like a sellout...that she wanted to come into this thing and transform me into a mold of what she wants....thats bull ****...I ended it and I will never change for anyone and Im always going to be myself.....

the point is....if drinking is a problem limit it but dont stop doing it if you like to do it.....be yourself dont change for nobody!
    Last edited by DieHardBullsFan; 05-12-2008 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
    I agree on trying to cope with things that someone does....I dont agree with completely discontinuing something just for a relationship.....in a relationship you are liking them for who they are and what they do coming into the situation.....now if you ask a person to slow down on drinking...thats another thing...but to stop and try to change somebody thats going too far...

I remember I did something in a relationship just compromise...and it made me feel like a sellout...that she wanted to come into this thing and transform me into a mold of what she wants....thats bull ****...I ended it and I will never change for anyone and Im always going to be myself.....

the point is....if drinking is a problem limit it but dont stop doing it if you like to do it.....be yourself dont change for nobody!
    repped

Da Bulls! Da Bears! DieHardBullsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hito da god
    repped
    ??