1991 Finals

1992 Finals

1993 Finals

1996 Finals

1997 Finals

1998 Finals
    Wow.. thats insane. Truley amazing games over the Suns

Default Re: MJ's NBA FINALS game by game box scores

Not to sound like a hater, but those second three peat stats are awful in terms of shooting percentage.

I usually hit open layups R11DMAN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The paranoia of MJ fans is hilarious. Keep living 15 years in the past while everyone moves on...
    No! This is to put a ducktape on the mouths of kids who did not even watch MJ played and insists that Kobe mirrors MJ.

Quote Originally Posted by R11DMAN
    No! This is to put a ducktape on the mouths of kids who did not even watch MJ played and insists that Kobe mirrors MJ.
    Come on that second three peat. Just look at the shooting percentages. Sure he scored the points, but if Kobe shoots that kind of percentage, people are on him immeadiately.

Wow. Amazing.

shhhhhhh

ShamWow

lol somebody watches too much late night TV

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Not to sound like a hater, but those second three peat stats are awful in terms of shooting percentage.
    thats what happens when you are in your mid 30s you shooting percentage goes down....shows that MJ was still able to dominate in his later years

Shooting at 42% isn't dominating. Is scoring 100 points on 35% dominating? Sure you scored 100 points, but you probably gave up oppurtunities where your teammates could have scored elsewhere.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

Come on that second three peat. Just look at the shooting percentages. Sure he scored the points, but if Kobe shoots that kind of percentage, people are on him immeadiately.
    If Kobe was 33, 34 or 35 years old while playing in the physical league MJ played in he would get a pass. Did you see what MJ did when he was Kobe's age (29)?

31.2 pts, 11.4 asts, 6.6 rbs, 1.4 blks while shooting 56% against the Lakers in 91. He almost out-ASSISTED Magic Johnson! MJ averaged 11.8 assists while Magic averaged 10.5 assists through the first four games...then Magic exploded for 20 assists in game 5.
    Last edited by Da_Realist; 05-03-2008 at 08:05 AM.

Shooting at 42% isn't dominating. Is scoring 100 points on 35% dominating? Sure you scored 100 points, but you probably gave up oppurtunities where your teammates could have scored elsewhere.
    Again...33-35 years old. Do you know any other guard that has done better during that age while being the focal point of the defense? I've been watching since the mid-80's and I can't think of even one.

I am Chris Wilcox

Wow, 42/12/9 in game 2 against the suns, 1 assist away from a triple double. But, look at the 1991 finals, averaged a double double and could easily have had some triple double games. Pretty amazing.

Not airballing my layups anymore Pujolsmj23's Avatar

Well in 97 he shot 45.6 % but look at the series He willed them completely in those series 97 and 98.1996 u have a case ,97 and 98 4 game-winners in the most pivotal games a championship assist....He performed brilliantly in 97 and 98 not so much in 96....But look at what he shot on the regular season those years.96-49.5% 97-48.6% 98-46.5% His worst Full season in 98 is better than Kobes career high.Kobes never shot 47% so yeah has MJ had a off series uh yeah but he still is a near 50% shooter 4 his career in playoffs and many series in other rounds he shot crazy percentages.Please if u want 2 single out a couple series when MJ shot low and i mean theres not many.Its 15-1 I could bring up on Kobe...1996 u have a case not 97 and 98

Not airballing my layups anymore Pujolsmj23's Avatar

Exclamation Re: MJ's NBA FINALS game by game box scores

People get on Kobe cause thats HIS SHOOTING PERCENTAGE 4 HIS WHOLE CAREER>>>If he had a couple series people wouldnt get on his case but thats his AVG CMON!!!!he dont have HARDLY ANY GREAT shooting % series so dont bust on MJ and try 2 make it out that MJ shot that consistently in 96 cause in 96 he shot almost 50% on the season....

College star

Another proof that MJ was hardly the same player after his 1st retirement. Happens when you're near god-like before.

Kobe would get killed by his haters though if he was putting up those kind of numbers in the finals or any other playoff series. Especially the '98 one.

Quote Originally Posted by Brunch@Five
    Another proof that MJ was hardly the same player after his 1st retirement. Happens when you're near god-like before.
    Not the same player, but no one could beat him.