Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: C. Paul: "He can't guard me!"

Just had a blast watching CP3 tonight.

and I'll say it again....

He is playing at the highest level for a point guard since Magic Johnson.

Don't care if some of you aren't on the boat yet...

You will be.
    Last edited by BIZARRO; 04-22-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Basketball>Anything

Quote Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
    well what language is it??? Canada??
    Didn't know Canada was a language? Last time I checked most of them spoke French or English? Bueno is actually Spanish, it means good, thought someone who follows someone named Lopez would know that.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by _KP_The_Familia_
    According to S.A.S. after burning Kidd on another basket, Paul was beating his chest and kept yelling out "He can't guard me!". Is this disrespectful to a future hall of famer, or just the passing of the guards from the big older point guard to the super-quick swagged out baby-faced gangster. It was kind of sad watching Kidd tryna chase down Paul the entire game, and if Game 1 was any indication, Kidd is gonna be made looked really bad the rest of the series.
    Imagine Kobe saying that with his ridicolous shooting percentage. At least Paul is hitting 60% of his shots, dishing out 15+ assists, and actually makes "He can't guard me!" FACT!

Basketball>Anything

Quote Originally Posted by c_az_a
    Imagine Kobe saying that with his ridicolous shooting percentage. At least Paul is hitting 60% of his shots, dishing out 15+ assists, and actually makes "He can't guard me!" FACT!
    Took the words right out of my mouth, he was unbelievable tonight as well.

Living Legend

Kidd is officially old and officially OWNED!

College star

true

National High School Star

R.I.P

just wishing you condolences before the Kobe nut riders come and tear you apart for 'hating'

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    Kidd is officially old and officially OWNED!

Even if he wasn't old he would still be getting his a$$ handed to him by CP3.

Basketball>Anything

Quote Originally Posted by Spudjjay

Even if he wasn't old he would still be getting his a$$ handed to him by CP3.
    It makes people feel better if they have an excuse, other than the truth.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by BIZARRO
    Just had a blast watching CP3 tonight.

and I'll say it again....

He is playing at the highest level for a point guard since Magic Johnson.

Don't care if some of you aren't on the boat yet...

You will be.

on second thought, I am getting more and more impressed every game I've seen him play this season, which really hasn't been very many games to be honest.

If he keeps this play up through next season then maybe we can call him the best peak PG since Magic. Until then I think its just too early IMO.

Living Legend

He's better than Nash prime and that's a tough thing for me to say. Although I still think Nash is the second best PG in the league.

Basketball>Anything

Quote Originally Posted by dafunkphenom
    He's better than Nash prime and that's a tough thing for me to say. Although I still think Nash is the second best PG in the league.
    He will win his share of MVP's as well, it's only what? His second year?

What Chris Paul has done this year truly is amazing. Where does he rank with the other Great PGs?

I'd say he is better than Nash, Kidd, or Stockton have ever been. However, I'd say he is not better than GP or KJ. Close and could go either way, but I'd give the edges to GP and KJ. KJ was very similar to CP3 in the things he did. Both PGs could score efficiently and spread the ball around.

I heard someone say that KJ couldn't do what CP3 has done this year and that is incorrect. Kevin Johnson led his Suns to not 1, but two 55+ win seasons without Barkley. He did that putting up similar to or better numbers than Chris Paul as well.

I'd say both KJ and CP3 are pretty close. Both can score well, and pass well. Both are solid defenders too. However, KJ scored more efficiently. Compare their season numbers in their most important statistics:

C.Paul

21.1ppg
    11.6apg
    48.8% FG

K.Johnson

22.5ppg
    11.4apg
    49.9% FG

As you can see, it's very close, but KJ has the edge. Truth is KJ has been doing what CP3 has done this year for 4 years of his peak.

Not to mention Kevin Johnson that year in 1990 took his team to the WCF.

So I wouldn't put CP3 over Kevin Johnson yet. Though I'd put him over Stockton, Kidd, or Nash at their peaks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjbulls23
    on second thought, I am getting more and more impressed every game I've seen him play this season, which really hasn't been very many games to be honest.

If he keeps this play up through next season then maybe we can call him the best peak PG since Magic. Until then I think its just too early IMO.

I can see your reasoning bro, but I just look at it differently.

I mean, if a guy is playing at a certain level, I don't need to see a season or two more. My point is that he is AT that level.

He may fall off next year, or the year after, or next series etc.. But now IMO he is playing CURRENTLY at a level I haven't seen since the great Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Glove_20
    What Chris Paul has done this year truly is amazing. Where does he rank with the other Great PGs?

I'd say he is better than Nash, Kidd, or Stockton have ever been. However, I'd say he is not better than GP or KJ. Close and could go either way, but I'd give the edges to GP and KJ. KJ was very similar to CP3 in the things he did. Both PGs could score efficiently and spread the ball around.

I heard someone say that KJ couldn't do what CP3 has done this year and that is incorrect. Kevin Johnson led his Suns to not 1, but two 55+ win seasons without Barkley. He did that putting up similar to or better numbers than Chris Paul as well.

I'd say both KJ and CP3 are pretty close. Both can score well, and pass well. Both are solid defenders too. However, KJ scored more efficiently. Compare their season numbers in their most important statistics:

C.Paul

21.1ppg
    11.6apg
    48.8% FG

K.Johnson

22.5ppg
    11.4apg
    49.9% FG

As you can see, it's very close, but KJ has the edge. Truth is KJ has been doing what CP3 has done this year for 4 years of his peak.

Not to mention Kevin Johnson that year in 1990 took his team to the WCF.

So I wouldn't put CP3 over Kevin Johnson yet. Though I'd put him over Stockton, Kidd, or Nash at their peaks.

Wait a minute. Even taking KJ's BEST year, which you did, you neglected to point out that...

CP3- 2.71 SPG
    KJ in that year- 1.28 SPG

CP3 - 2.51 TO
    KJ in that year- 3.55 TO

I mean the numbers you posted were close, but THESE numbers are DRASTICALLY different in CP3's favor.

CP3 SPG/TO is over 1/1 where KJ's is almost 1 to 3; a HUUUGE difference.
    CP3 is just CRAZY efficient.

KJ was good, don't get me wrong, but if you watched these last two games, and this season as a whole, CP3 is playing at a level never touched by KJ.

The Hornets would not IMO have won 55 games in this Western Conference with KJ. Flat out.