Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Stephen Curry = filthy

This is what mid-majors have come to. They are teams of sharp shooters that if they are on have a shot at knocking off the top teams who a lot of times can't even make their FT. Late in a game give me a shooter like Curry and his teams great FT shooting and I take them over Georgetown even with Hibbert being able to score inside.

I think you have to think it is almost time to move the 3pt line back. I'm not taking anything away from Curry or Davidson or any other mid-major, but the game should be more than hitting 3's. There is nothing wrong with being a team of great shooters, but how many guys are their shooting 40% from 3? It seems like even bad shooters get 30%. I see people say that guys are good shooters because they hit 35% which is good in the NBA, but they are really just average shooters overall. I can't believe when you look at the numbers the amount of guys that hit 40-45% of their 3's.

In It to Win It

This guy Curry (whom I've never heard of) just entered the record books for scoring 30 points in his first 3 tournament games - only 2 other people have done that, their names are:
    Oscar Robertson and Wilt Chamberlain!

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Efunk7
    and his mom is a milf...

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by monthh
    This is what mid-majors have come to. They are teams of sharp shooters that if they are on have a shot at knocking off the top teams who a lot of times can't even make their FT. Late in a game give me a shooter like Curry and his teams great FT shooting and I take them over Georgetown even with Hibbert being able to score inside.

I think you have to think it is almost time to move the 3pt line back. I'm not taking anything away from Curry or Davidson or any other mid-major, but the game should be more than hitting 3's. There is nothing wrong with being a team of great shooters, but how many guys are their shooting 40% from 3? It seems like even bad shooters get 30%. I see people say that guys are good shooters because they hit 35% which is good in the NBA, but they are really just average shooters overall. I can't believe when you look at the numbers the amount of guys that hit 40-45% of their 3's.
    Monthh, they're moving the 3 point line back next year, I think.

But at the end of the day, 3 point oriented teams will rarely win the title unless they also have a dominating presence in the post to get them the dirty points.

However, living and dying by the 3 though gives you very good regular season results. Just probably won't matter in the NCAAs. The Drakes, Butlers, etc.. will get fabulous results living and dying by the three but will probably never make it all the way.

Moving it 1 foot back though wouldn't affect Curry if he chose to stay. He has unlimited range.. as do most of the teams that live and die by the three.

Stephen Curry is a stud though. So smooth.

Brook Lopez=beast!!!!! sulsuvtut27's Avatar

They are moving the three point line back but it is only one foot.

Quote Originally Posted by sulsuvtut27
    They are moving the three point line back but it is only one foot.
    Should give mitch some problems.

Banned

**** his mother looks good.

Dunking on everybody in the park InLebronWeTrust's Avatar

yeah I think im the only one in my pool who has them in my elite 8..

Can he do it again?

this kids release if quicker than ive ever seen

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Curry is Ridonkulous!

Edit: wow he hit another one.. 60-45

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

This guy is sick. I totally underestimated him. He has a future in the league.

Local High School Star

I am so sorry for doubting him.

The best part is he plays within the team.. that's why I think he's so good. His teammates actually probably like him. He actually passes the ball even though some of his teammates are awful finishers, .

I really want Davidson to win it all.. asserting themselves and raping Wisconsin.

Him and Jason Richards are the best backcourt duo that nobody has ever heard of. Best mid-major duo. Close to maybe Abrams and Augustin..

Damn, there goes my perfect Elite 8 scenario. Oh well, worth it to watch Stephen Curry..
    Last edited by RandomBalla55; 03-28-2008 at 08:57 PM.

One thing that I love about this kid is his basketball IQ, it shouldn't be this developed at his age, I mean, just watch he picks his spots and he rarely forces anything.

So 4 straight 30 point games in the tournament from Steven Curry, sick stuff. I dont see him being that great an NBA prospect though.