Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

i do it all the time, infact anyone who plays basketball does it, its called using your brain

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Has PB disappeared?

Local High School Star Solid Snake's Avatar

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shoote

Created Player, you stupid ****in 12 year old kid.

I bet when you play NBA 2K8, you try to drive with your best wing player 100% of the time, and even bring the ball up the court with him. Also, on defense you probably go for the steal every time. I can tell. I know what kind of human you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake

I bet when you play NBA 2K8, you try to drive with your best wing player 100% of the time, and even bring the ball up the court with him. Also, on defense you probably go for the steal every time. I can tell. I know what kind of human you are.
    Haha I can just imagine him taking every shot with LeBron and having like 90+ points with him. Or better yet just have a whole roster of LeBrons! While playing using his controller with LeBron James stickers on it, sat on his LeBron James couch.

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Haha I can just imagine him taking every shot with LeBron and having like 90+ points with him. Or better yet just have a whole roster of LeBrons! While playing using his controller with LeBron James stickers on it, sat on his LeBron James couch.
    He'd never do that. He left a roster spot for himself so he can play with his hero.

Default Re: Any defender who uses this new tactic of putting a hand in the face of the shooter...

Wow, what a terrible thread. Talk about exposing the fact that you've never played basketball.

NBA Superstar

:)

I actually thought this thread was some sarcastic swipe at someone playing lackadaisical defense or refs calling every touch.

I can't believe this is serious.

OP is PB but falkin hell I thought even he was smarter than that.

sad sad sorry knowledge level exposed here...total self pwnage.

I think Jeff gave him a mercy ban.

NBA rookie of the year

When I say to myself the statement "new tactic of putting a hand in a shooters face" I can't help but laugh. That's what players are supposed to do. If you can't block the shot then atleast don't give the offensive player a good look at the basket.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    :)

I actually thought this thread was some sarcastic swipe at someone playing lackadaisical defense or refs calling every touch.

I can't believe this is serious.

OP is PB but falkin hell I thought even he was smarter than that.

sad sad sorry knowledge level exposed here...total self pwnage.

I think Jeff gave him a mercy ban.
    too funny!

see, this one was so stupid that i'm starting to think maybe pb isn't a regular troll. maybe he's some kind of meta troll laughing at us for laughing at him. what is site policy on breaking the 4th wall?

National High School Star gpfanz's Avatar

Derek Fisher likes to do that

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Solid Snake

This is a long thread and the OP stopped trying after page 2. He realized that he's an idiot and anything he ever posts again on this site will get shot down. Putting your hand in a guys face is wack...
    I never heard such nonsense. He expects the defender to just stop once the guy shoots.

I don't think he plays NBA 2k8 or Live he's too young and most likely has a WII.

I bet he never post under created player again and changes his SI cause noone will respect any of created players comments.

Quote Originally Posted by biisak
    I think you guys are missing the point here. Of course you wanna get a hand up, making it harder for the shooter. However, you can not put your hand an inch away from someones face/eyes.

Again for the slower ones: Yes, "get a hand is in his face" (which is a metaphor for getting a hand up) is good defense because it makes it harder for the offensive player to get a shot of. HOWEVER putting your hand an inch away from the shooters eyes in a sweeping motion, like your gonna slap him, is not allowed. Basically for the same reasons that you cant clap your hands or stomp the ground right in front of a player who is shooting.

This discussion would be a lot more interesting though if there were some people with real knowledge (like a fellow ref?) here instead of just the regular 18.000-post baboons.
    1. Baboons are smart
    2. There is no rule that you CANT do what Battier does (as do other NBA players like Ron Artest, Bruise Bones)
    3. You are right, we do need refs here because the 3 yesterday during the game didnt call a foul on Battier, nor did commentators cry "Thats a foul, Battier is getting away with murder!"
    4. What Battier did is extremely difficult to pull off. Most will fear they would make contact someway so they shy away from that tactic...and if you notice defenders do put a hand in shooters faces but the difference is how far thier hand is from the face vs Battiers hand in Kobe's face.
    5. Yeah those refs dropped the ball yesterday, numerous fouls on Battier because his hand was close to Kobe's face.
    6. Kobe would have had 60 if Battier didnt cheat (sarcasm)

F*cking moron!
    Last edited by GOBB; 03-17-2008 at 10:19 AM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    1. Baboons are smart
    2. There is no rule that you CANT do what Battier does (as do other NBA players like Ron Artest, Bruise Bones)
    3. You are right, we do need refs here because the 3 yesterday during the game didnt call a foul on Battier, nor did commentators cry "Thats a foul, Battier is getting away with murder!"
    4. What Battier did is extremely difficult to pull off. Most will fear they would make contact someway so they shy away from that tactic...and if you notice defenders do put a hand in shooters faces but the difference is how far thier hand is from the face vs Battiers hand in Kobe's face.
    5. Yeah those refs dropped the ball yesterday, numerous fouls on Battier because his hand was close to Kobe's face.

F*cking moron!
    Exactly. As long as Battier or any other player isn't touching the players face how is there anything wrong with that? I've never heard of someone getting called for a foul for being close to touching a player.

Okay, if there was any last doubt that PleezeBelieve was a troll, it has to be gone.

Why isn't he perma banned ?

I guess it's a good strategy but Battier is gonna poke someone's eyes out on of these days. His hand was right in Kobe's grill